Items to get for EoC

Veggie

what about torva gloves since i own a pair?

Would be the best glove-slot item. If you want to keep them, go ahead. I don't think torva is supposed to be that much better than bandos/barrows as individual items, but Mod Chris L's mention of a set effect for the Nex sets may change that. But that wouldn't apply to just the gloves :P

mind if i share this?

Go ahead

What happens to 2h weapons in dg like primal 2h? How are you supposed to fight with that when you dg from now on?

I've heard that spear is now the best DG weapon and can be used with Berserker ring class. I imagine people will activate Momentum (gets rid of abilities and makes auto-attacks more powerful for 20 minutes) for dungeons so they can use their clicks and effort (APM, actions per minute) on pathing and getting through the dungeon rather than on killing monsters, but we'll see.

How you use the 2H sword in DG? Hit the enemy with it. What a strange question.

If you are using a promethium 2H though, now is the time to replace it with a primal weapon. Any weapon will do.

All of the weapons do the same DPS now, but the heavier, slower weapons will be better for bosses, because of the increased accuracy (thus faster weapons better for trash mobs). However I would find even a primal dagger to be superior to a promethium 2H.

There is absolutely no difference between different weapons of the same speed now. So a maul, 2H, and spear are all IDENTICAL, except for their attack style (crush, slash, stab). A monster that is weak to one of the three melee styles is also weak to the others, just slightly less so, so melee is the way to go for those enemies. Initially, crush-weak enemies outnumbered the rest in a dungeon, but that has since changed. It is an equal balance now, so you should really just base your selection on aesthetics.

Another habit that will be hard to break: magic-users are strong defensively against melee. It's hard to wrap your head around the concept that robes block swords better than platemail does, but this is now how the game works. So you will want to have two styles in dungeoneering. Because your melee won't do a fucking thing to a forgotten mage. I'd recommend a sagittarian shortbow (has higher damage than the shieldbow/longbow) until you get your hands on a hexhunter. Alternatively, you can have magic as your other combat style, because magic is normal effectiveness against mages (which is better than melee), and you will be able to blast through melee enemies easily as well.

If they fix the ammo-binding situation, I might look into doing a ranged/mage combo for my binds.

From my observations while trying to figure out our F2P warring options, I've seen that weapons of the same tier are the same accuracy, regardless of weapon speed. I think that was the whole point of changing the stat system anyway - to make all weapons effectively the "same DPS". I think the system inherently favors quicker weapons due to (Damage = Strength level + Weapon damage, where the constant Strength level added helps faster weapons more than slower), plus faster weapons mean less overkill loss which amounts to around a 3-5% difference (if you want me to explain what overkill is to you privately, just ask).

However, there are no offhand melee weapons in DG and they've said there are no current plans to add any, so you're pretty much limited to two-handed weapons. I have heard that spear is the best as it now works with Berserker. I just ran a quick comparison of promethium spear vs. promethium 2h in beta, according to the RuneScape Wikia page values, and found the promethium 2h was 0.7% higher damage output (they have the same accuracy so I do not have to calculate accuracy to conclude that), and that's before accounting for any other variables. Overloads, Turmoil, Berserker ring, and overkill loss all go in favor of the faster weapon. The only real question is, since you're restricted to one style with a given weapon, what melee style averages out to be the best. Disregarding styles for now, it's fair to assume that spear would be better than the 2h.

So wait, the spear has a faster attack speed than the 2H/maul? I was under the impression that all three were identical. If it is indeed faster, then yes that would make it hy far the superior choice until they add offhand weapons, as two-handed weapons have a 50% damage advantage over one-handed (and offhands do 50% damage so dual-wielding is the same damage as 2hands).

• 2 weeks later...

Will buying c maul be worth it after EoC?

Against crush-weak enemies it is the best weapon. I'll leave the decision of deciding if it's worth getting to the the person asking.

Edited by Vigilant Foe