What are you reading?

Ymesocool

We used to have one of these. I can't find it now so here's a new one.

So answer the damn question... What are you reading? Discussions are encouraged.

Currently, I'm reading Gardens of the Moon by Erikson Steven. It's part of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series... So far, I've gotta say that it's very well written and incredibly creative. I've been looking for something long and compelling to read since I caught up on A Song of Ice and Fire series. Malazan definitely is looking like a real candidate. I'll provide my review when I finish the book.

Finally got my hands on the second in the Gunslinger series. I know you're a fan, Yme. But everyone should read this series. It's incredible.

I just reread The Hobbit and LotR. I need to finish The Silmarillion at some point, though.

On 2/5 of Mockingjay (the last book of Hunger games series). I must say: these books are fucking awesome! One of the best I´ve read.

My next will probably be City of bones by Cassandra Clare (The mortal instruments series). I may also try Silmarillion and The children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien. After all that I will start The song of ice and fire since english language in these books is still too hard for me to read.

How do you guys read? I´ve been reading my books in english for about 3 years now and I must say I am learning new words preety fast.

I´ve bought Kindle touch not half year back and it is amazing! It is so much faster to search for unknown words. And when I am reading I also listen to audiobook on my MP3 so I am learning pronunciation as well.

I desperately want to learn more and more of english language, but my biggest weakness is speach. That is why I´m planning to buy speakers to talk to some native speakers - like you guys on TS :otvnaughty:/>/> .

Edited by Evii As Heii

Foundation's Edge.

I started reading Foundation, but set it down and started the second in the Gunslinger series. Is this your first read through the trilogy?

I finished The Hobbit again after finishing all of Crichton's books. I reread the Hunger games series hoping to like the last book more but didn't. A combination of how the last few chapters mesh with the epilogue just doesn't sit right.

Foundation's Edge.

I started reading Foundation, but set it down and started the second in the Gunslinger series. Is this your first read through the trilogy?

Already finished the trilogy (Edge is the fourth book), but yes, this is my first time through. I've owned the entire set for a while, but just haven't found time to read it until now.

Foundation's Edge.

Already finished the trilogy (Edge is the fourth book), but yes, this is my first time through. I've owned the entire set for a while, but just haven't found time to read it until now.

And what are your thoughts...?

Foundation's Edge.

And what are your thoughts...?

Asimov is a giant. It's a great read in 2013. When you think that Foundation was published in 1942, it's absolutely mind blowing.

after finishing all of Crichton's books.

I love that guy.

How do you guys read? I´ve been reading my books in english for about 3 years now and I must say I am learning new words preety fast.

I´ve bought Kindle touch not half year back and it is amazing! It is so much faster to search for unknown words. And when I am reading I also listen to audiobook on my MP3 so I am learning pronunciation as well.

I have a Kindle that I never use, and audio books are out since I have some trouble following speech. I really enjoy the feeling of holding a book. Nothing can replace that for me. :P

A song of ice and fire- the game of throne series. On a storm of swords at the moment :D/>/>/>

I envy you...

@Jade

How do you like the Wheel of Time? I was thinking that would probably be the next series I start... which will be a while.

@Ethan

It's about time. The Drawing of the Three is incredible. The characters he introduces in the book just have so much depth. I read this series with a couple of friends but they didn't enjoy the second book nearly as much as I did and I never understood why (they still liked it though). Everyone I've talked to that has read the series agrees though that The Waste Lands is one of the best in the series.

@Deathstar

The Hunger Games series just went straight downhill after the first book. I hated the ending. The series was still a quick and enjoyable read though.

@Jade

How do you like the Wheel of Time? I was thinking that would probably be the next series I start... which will be a while.

Eh. I've enjoyed it, but not enough to recommend the books to anyone else.

@Deathstar

The Hunger Games series just went straight downhill after the first book. I hated the ending. The series was still a quick and enjoyable read though.

Eww, I did not want to hear that. Eh I will complete it in a day or two anyway.