What are you reading?

Ymesocool

Reading Game of Thrones with intention of finishing the Dance of Ice and Fire (or whatever it is called) series this summer. Then possibly Wheel of Time?

• 8 months later...

Just finished book one of the Mistborn series. If you're into fantasy I highly recommend it. So far it's been fantastic. 

Just finished book one of the Mistborn series. If you're into fantasy I highly recommend it. So far it's been fantastic. 

I just read the description for that... Looks like it's right down my alley. Added to my Audible wishlist. 

I do both books and audiobooks, I just have more time for audiobooks. For audiobooks I'm currently listening to Sojourn (3rd in the Legend of Drizzt series/The Dark Elf Trilogy). After that will be A Song of Ice and Fire.

For physical books, I'm in the middle of two. Earth Afire by Orson Scott Card (2nd in the prequel Formic War series). Also in the middle of a YA novel that all proceeds go to help a little girl named Dahlia. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXU3PCQ

http://davidgmcdaniel.com/

Edited by Ripply

I have a bad habit of reading before sleeping--but if your short on time I'd highly recommend using audiobooks. I walk to work in the morning and I've gone through about 12 books this year already this way.

Not Without Laughter by Langston Hughes 

Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens(this thing is ridiculously huge)

Both are readings for my class. It's great being an English major :)

It's great being an English major :)
I'm quite jealous.

Business management was a terribly dull major.

Oh and also Pet Sematary by Stephen King is a reeeeaaaaallllly good book that I read recently - definitely have to check that one out if you're a fan of the horror genre! :D

It's great being an English major :)
I'm quite jealous.

Business management was a terribly dull major.

Aww Jade :( if it makes ya feel better, I'm switching to a BSW next year :P

I have a bad habit of reading before sleeping--but if your short on time I'd highly recommend using audiobooks. I walk to work in the morning and I've gone through about 12 books this year already this way.
Yeah, you can always find time for audiobooks. Makes cleaning not as bad, cooking, driving, etc. I know my job well enough that I could listen to audio books at least half the work day if I wanted to. I counted near the end of last year.. Between books and audio books I made it to around 80 completed... Though some I listen to at 1.5x - 2x speed.

I also find a book you know well or an easy read can be nice to fall asleep to when your mind just won't shut off.

Edited by Ripply

I'm on the 3rd Runescape novel now. They are actually pretty damn good, even to a non-RS player. They hold their own as decent books.

I hate when things are read to me. I couldn't do it. But another tip that also could be useful for people is, at a mininum, read 10 pgs a day. That's 3560 pages a year = 5-10 books.

10 pgs no excuse.

Also for the cynical or even the believers, I highly recommend fringology.

Read that in college on a friend's suggestion. It's fantastic. Spent many nights not being able to put it down.

Not Without Laughter by Langston Hughes 

Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens(this thing is ridiculously huge)

Both are readings for my class. It's great being an English major :)

Only until you look for a job after college. Zing!