What are you reading?

Ymesocool

Well, that's disappointing, Jade!

How do you guys read? I´ve been reading my books in english for about 3 years now and I must say I am learning new words preety fast.

I´ve bought Kindle touch not half year back and it is amazing! It is so much faster to search for unknown words. And when I am reading I also listen to audiobook on my MP3 so I am learning pronunciation as well.

I desperately want to learn more and more of english language, but my biggest weakness is speach. That is why I´m planning to buy speakers to talk to some native speakers - like you guys on TS :otvnaughty:.

That's great to hear! :D

I pretty much read all my books on the kindle. It's just way more convenient for me to have all my books in one location, especially since I try to do a bit of reading at home and when I'm at college.

And you could love the Hunger Games ending for all I know!

Don't let me dissuade you. I had some problems with the books, but I still blazed through all 13 of them and am eagerly awaiting the last. :P

Most of my problem is that I picked them up right after finishing A Song of Ice and Fire. Weak in comparison, but not a fair comparison to make.

tumblr_m0dcoc79bL1rqzdlzo1_400.jpg

^I read this book a while ago and it was an excellent read. Biography of a Holocaust survivor who discovered logotherapy.

cosmicserpent.jpg

^This book blew my mind; a mass argument against everything we've been taught, and a new radical perspective is brought to light.

Les Miserables for school. I've enjoyed it thus far, I'm probably 85% of the way through at this point (it's not the complete unabridged version - only about 500 pages).

• 2 months later...

So I've since finished Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates, the second book of the Malazan Series. I recently just started the third, Memories of Ice. Needless to say, I'm hooked to the series. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a nice and longgg (and completed!) fantasy series.

• 4 weeks later...

I read and listen to audiobooks a lot. Currently reading The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card (second in the Mither Mages series) and listening to Insurgent by Veronica Roth (second in the Divergent series).

Anyone have recommendations for a book that would be good to listen to in audiobook format?

• 2 months later...

Shameless bump.

Taking a break after the fourth book of that series and going on a Stephen King binge. Bag of Bones is scary good. ##

I just finished the Song of Ice and Fire Series (Game of Throne books), and just started the Hunger Games series, which seems like it'll take 2 minutes to read.  In Audio land I recently finished Einstein's Biography and am now listening to a dramatized collection of Neil Simon plays.  

I just finished the Song of Ice and Fire Series (Game of Throne books)
I didn't think I could ever love you more. :aww: