So I failed my driver's test...

BenKenobi

Damn....

This sucks....

FML... My instructor had hearing aids and glasses that were literally a quarter of an inch thick.... I call bull shit!

I wasn't nervous, and apparently going 15 around a corner is fast.... Parking was fine.

Anyone got any tips?

Edit: It wasn't a true 4 way stop corner. No stop sign, it was almost like an exit off a highway but in the middle of the city.

Edited by SF Jackal

I didn't take my test in the US so don't really know your system but do everything much slower and more carefully than you'd do it when you have your license. Slower > fast in all test scenarios.

In most places it's not illegal to go under the speed limit unless you are majorly impeding traffic. It's okay to take your test a little slower. They aren't looking to see if you can drive well, they are looking to make sure you can drive safely. Which I still call bullshit on because most drivers are batshit crazy and have no problem putting other's in danger but I'll stop my mini-rant now.

Take your test slower next time and I'm sure you'll pass. 

I never went above 25 during the test -.- the speed limit in the city is 35-40. But yea I completely agree with you! Another guy cut me off which means i lose points on my test >:(

I never went above 25 during the test -.- the speed limit in the city is 35-40. But yea I completely agree with you! Another guy cut me off which means i lose points on my test > :(

I disagree with James, go the speed limit, maybe 5 below, but don't got 10-15 below.

I never went above 25 during the test -.- the speed limit in the city is 35-40. But yea I completely agree with you! Another guy cut me off which means i lose points on my test > :(

I disagree with James, go the speed limit, maybe 5 below, but don't got 10-15 below.

I never gave him a number figure, but your numbers are good. 5 below is reasonable for an exam. Get Brosix Tim. :hmph:

I never gave him a number figure, but your numbers are good. 5 below is reasonable for an exam. Get Brosix Tim. :hmph:

I hate downloading random messengers, man up and use skype :hmph:

I got a 98% on my driving test. I got 2 points deducted because when I parked the car at the end to finish the test, the guy who barely spoke English asked me, "what do you do now?" We were just sitting there and had no idea what he was talking about, so he took points off because I didn't say "turn off the ignition," as if anyone is dumb enough to not know they should turn off their car when they exit.

As far as advice, just go really slow. Keep your hands at 10 and 2, and be easy on the brakes by braking early.

Edited by FSU Zach

Just found out I have to wait a week to go back to do 2 left turns and a right turn -.-. The closest DMV is 45 minutes away and I have to be there at 7AM.... Not too happy about this...

Edit: I know that it's for my license and all and that I'm complaining about it but it's just one of those things that seems unnecassary...

Edited by SF Jackal

I see that you live in Minnesota. I certainly hope you didn't have to take your test at the Chaska DMV like I did, because the people there are dicks. Basically just do what James and others have already said, take turns slow and drive the speed limit. You can afford to screw up your parallel park and stuff a little bit if you do everything else fine (I know from experience).

Cammy! I did! I got the freaking old guy at the Chaska DMV!

LOL YEP

Is there one DMV in Minnesota? :sly:

I think we just live relatively close together.... and im pretty sure there are at least 4... Not sure about more than that...

I see that you live in Minnesota. I certainly hope you didn't have to take your test at the Chaska DMV like I did, because the people there are dicks. Basically just do what James and others have already said, take turns slow and drive the speed limit. You can afford to screw up your parallel park and stuff a little bit if you do everything else fine (I know from experience).

Thats why next week im taking the test in Plymouth or Eagan. *sigh* hope I do better...

Thats why next week im taking the test in Plymouth or Eagan. *sigh* hope I do better...

I've heard Plymouth is good, I think they have a closed course there so you're not on actual roads. Some of my friends that took theirs there said it made it easier, but idk.