So I failed my driver's test...

BenKenobi

Since I passed everything except 3 whole turns all I have to do are the 3 turns haha No parallel parking or corner backing or anything.

I see that you live in Minnesota. I certainly hope you didn't have to take your test at the Chaska DMV like I did, because the people there are dicks. Basically just do what James and others have already said, take turns slow and drive the speed limit. You can afford to screw up your parallel park and stuff a little bit if you do everything else fine (I know from experience).

Thats why next week im taking the test in Plymouth or Eagan. *sigh* hope I do better...

I've heard Plymouth is good, I think they have a closed course there so you're not on actual roads. Some of my friends that took theirs there said it made it easier, but idk.

Plymouth is an easy one, so is the one out in elk river, I heard buffalo can be a bitch though.

OT: Just take it easy and enjoy it.

Edited by A Dark Heart

Sounds the same as it was 10 years ago - You drive that way until you pass your test, then afterwards you learn how to properly drive.

Just called my uncle (who is a DMV driver's examiner person in Chicago) and he said that each DMV has to meet a monthly quota of how many 16 year olds they fail otherwise the state gets suspcious... I am beyond mad right now because ontop of all this yesterday I had to drive halfway across creation to get me a new pair of contacts because one of mine broke.... UGH!!!!!!!!

Edit: Should I hide a Go Pro camera in my car for my next test?

Edited by SF Jackal
Just called my uncle (who is a DMV driver's examiner person in Chicago) and he said that each DMV has to meet a monthly quota of how many 16 year olds they fail otherwise the state gets suspcious... I am beyond mad right now because ontop of all this yesterday I had to drive halfway across creation to get me a new pair of contacts because one of mine broke.... UGH!!!!!!!!
That's been a rumour in England for a while too.

If you have your test on a Monday you're more likely to pass than if you do the same thing on a Friday.

That's been a rumour in England for a while too.

If you have your test on a Monday you're more likely to pass than if you do the same thing on a Friday.

I took my test today(monday) and now I cant go to Illinois to have a huge paintball war with some friends next week! Nobody I know has passed with the guy that gave me my test... I can't even drive right now because I'm so mad I get reckless behind the wheel. -.-

In five years, you're going to find it silly that you're getting upset about this. I got upset when I failed my first test, and thought the examiner was just being an asshole. I took it a week later at a different location and got a 100%. Five years later, I regret the way that I reacted to the first test, so chill out and take it easy for the next time.

15mph going around a corner is quite excessive if you're in a neighborhood. But don't go too slow during the test. You can be docked for potentially holding up traffic.

There is an examiner up here (Alaska) who is well-known for failing everybody on their first test so he can get them to pay for a second test. The system is certainly ripe for abuse. 

I never went above 25 during the test -.- the speed limit in the city is 35-40. But yea I completely agree with you! Another guy cut me off which means i lose points on my test > :(

I disagree with James, go the speed limit, maybe 5 below, but don't got 10-15 below.

I went like a little bit over during my test

Paying attention to the speedometer while turning, learning how to drive after their driver test

look at all of these rookies

I go about 15 around corners all the time. :mellow:

You also drive a mustang. This guy was probably in moms CR-V.

Not anymore! Traded that in acouple months ago, 2012 Camaro B)

Not anymore! Traded that in acouple months ago, 2012 Camaro B)

jfc

This I almost take as an insult! I was in a Chevy Cruze! haha I could've been in my 1964 Corvette!

Edit: Never Asian made... Never...

Edited by SF Jackal
I humbly failed my first go ahead as well and passed with a 100% the next pass. Failing could have possibly been due to:

Instructor- "Back around this corner"

Me- "There is no corner.. We are in a parking lot"

Instructor- "Oh I usually don't have students go here. So, pretend there is one"

Me- "Okay.."

*backs around imaginary corner*

Instructor- "You swung too far away from the corner. That is a critical error and auto fail. Please drive back to the DMV"

Me- (in my head) "What the fuck" (out loud) "Damn".

I humbly failed my first go ahead as well and passed with a 100% the next pass. Failing could have possibly been due to:

Instructor- "Back around a this corner"

Me- "There is no corner.. We are in a parking lot"

Instructor- "Oh I usually don't have students go here. So, pretend there is one"

Me- "Okay.."

*backs around imaginary corner*

Instructor- "You swung too far away from the corner. That is a critical error and auto fail. Please drive back to the DMV"

Me- (in my head) "What the fuck" (out loud) "Damn".

Edited by Tidin L