So I failed my driver's test...

BenKenobi

Paying attention to the speedometer while turning, learning how to drive after their driver testlook at all of these rookies

Actually my road test was only my 2nd time behind the wheel. I never took a course or anything, just spent an afternoon in the car with my dad. I got 100% first try. Oh and I got 100% on the written test too (but that's a no-brainer). Umadbro?

My parents made me take drivers ed in high school before I was allowed to get my license. It was ridiculously easy, but it lowered my insurance rates and was always a ton of fun to drive places for the first time while everyone else was in class.

Edited by FSU Zach
My parents made me take drivers ed in high school before I was allowed to get my license. It was ridiculously easy, but it lowered my insurance rates and was always a ton of fun to drive places for the first time while everyone else was in class.

samesiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

also i had 3 other students in my car and I was by far the best driver in the car

ITT: People showing off how awesome they were/are at driving.

I mean, no ones going to come into this thread and say "Hey, I suck at driving. I can't even turn the corner properly".

ITT: People showing off how awesome they were/are at driving.

I mean, no ones going to come into this thread and say "Hey, I suck at driving. I can't even turn the corner properly". E-peeeen

I barely passed my drivers test. :(

I only looked over my should 2 maybe 3 times the whole test.

I failed my first 2 times and in the third time i got it. It usually depends on the instructor.  I was never good at parking but with practice i got good. I think I might still struggle with parallel parking a bit but I try to avoid that as much as I can :P

Ever watch that Youtube ad about people who can't drive? You know with a kid who mentions he just got his license after 4 tries, well this thread reminds me of it. =]

I got mine y second try. I got dinged the first attempt because I couldn't back around a corner very well and when I made a right hand turn at a light I turned to sharp and was in the bike lane.

I got mine the first time and then proceeded to become a professional driver a day after. They say I was the best there ever was. You mad?

I got mine the first time and then proceeded to become a professional driver a day after. They say I was the best there ever was. You mad?

I drove so well they said 100% wasn't enough so they gave me 110%. You madder?

I failed the first time almost for the same reason as you. I drove in a turn in the 3rd gear, and I should had done it in 2nd though the speed was ok. I call it bullshit. I passed the second time with no problems as I was not nervous at all.

Edited by Evil 4ever
First car I drove in was automatic but the first car that was "mine" was manual
Did you do your test in an auto?

In the UK, you can choose to have your test in an automatic rather than manual but then you'll only be able to legally drive an automatic. You have to do a "full" car license test to be able to drive manual. The latter is what the vast majority of people do without even considering auto.

Any excuse for driving a manual? I was considering a manual and then wised up and just got a GTI with the DSG transmission which allows me to shift if I want to. It is an automatic for the most part. I don't see the allure of having to shift my car 100 times while I am driving through town opposed to not having to worry about it.