College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

• 2 weeks later...

@Joshjrn I said a prayer cuz but I think God just wants the tide to win it all. I’m sorry man. Everyone drowned themselves in Oxford today, Ole Miss ain’t gonna win again this year.

1 hour ago, Wace555 said:

@Joshjrn I said a prayer cuz but I think God just wants the tide to win it all. I’m sorry man. Everyone drowned themselves in Oxford today, Ole Miss ain’t gonna win again this year.

I think it would have been a closer game if White had played in the first half, but they were simply better than us in the trenches. Our OLine got fucking dominated the entire game. Can't win football games like that. Fortunately, my true LSU fandom died in 2012, so this was simply mildly disappointing as opposed to soul crushing. Looking forward to a Saints-induced palate cleanse tomorrow. 

• 1 month later...
A Quest Cape

Currently early In the game so I could very well eat my words by the end, but UCF looking real good B) back to back undefeated seasons let’s gooo:chuffed:

Edited by A Quest Cape
10 minutes ago, A Quest Cape said:

Currently early In the game so I could very well eat my words by the end, but UCF looking real good B) back to back undefeated seasons let’s gooo:chuffed:

UCF looks solid, but made to look a hell of a lot better based on some poor officiating. LSU’s first drive was a TD, UCF’s first TD was the result of a missed hold by the WR, and their INT/second TD was the result of a clear defensive hold. 

And it’s not like this is just my opinion. The announcers almost sound apologetic about the calls I just cited :laugh:

A Quest Cape
8 minutes ago, Joshjrn said:

UCF looks solid, but made to look a hell of a lot better based on some poor officiating. LSU’s first drive was a TD, UCF’s first TD was the result of a missed hold by the WR, and their INT/second TD was the result of a clear defensive hold. 

And it’s not like this is just my opinion. The announcers almost sound apologetic about the calls I just cited :laugh:

That’s  true, but I feel like LSU got a makeup call on their TD drive. There was a weak taunting (I guess?) after a 3rd down sack that extended the drive.

Edited by A Quest Cape
On 1/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, A Quest Cape said:

That’s  true, but I feel like LSU got a makeup call on their TD drive. There was a weak taunting (I guess?) after a 3rd down sack that extended the drive.

I think that was less of a makeup call than an escalation call. Officials are trained to limit the taunting calls on standard chippiness, but once you get a clear taunting call, the officials will have a bit more of a hair trigger going forward to try to keep the game under control. 

Eta: In case someone stumbles onto this, I was trying to explain the old ways of MSN Messenger. Carry on. 

:chuffed: = proud2

:reporter: = report2

:sly: = sly2

:hmph: = hmph2

:trollface: = squish2

:happycrying: = hapcry2

:jade: = sad2

:wilson: = meh2

:blushing: = :x

:otvnaughty: = naught2 

25 minutes ago, Joshjrn said:

College football nation: you’re welcome. 

Thank you. Thank you so much. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But really...the biggest college football development this year is Greg Schiano coming back to Rutgers--maybe we won't be the 14th best team in the Big 10 forever.

• 4 months later...

Nice to see this thread is still going strong almost a decade after I last logged in - though not sure there will be much to talk about this season, unfortunately.

Edited by Matt Wah
  • 1 month later...