College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

"After meeting with university officials, we agreed that it is in the best interest of Ohio State that I resign as head football coach," Tressel said in a statement released by the university.

Translation = "Jim, if you don't leave quietly within the next few days, we are going to have to fire you"

Edited by Joshjrn

Hey Josh, who is LSU playing in their regional?

:youmad:

/wrists

I think that it's absurd that we weren't invited with a 26 RPI and by far the most travel ready fanbase (and yes, the money definitely matters in these selections), but when you do so poorly in conference, it's hard to argue too much.

But to be frank, this team was frustrating as fuck to watch. Part of me is glad that the season is over :wilson:

Pitpirates08

Ouch...looks like we might get to see the potential #1 and #2 draft picks go head-to-head in the Supers...hosts Virginia (LHP Danny Hultzen) and UCLA (RHP Gerrit Cole) will meet if they both win their respective regionals.

Ouch...looks like we might get to see the potential #1 and #2 draft picks go head-to-head in the Supers...hosts Virginia (LHP Danny Hultzen) and UCLA (RHP Gerrit Cole) will meet if they both win their respective regionals.

It's ok. Watch this:

Hey Zach, how many national championships does FSU Baseball have? :youmad:

If we win our regional, we'll most likely meet South Carolina in the Super Regional.

Revenge time :reporter:

Very doable. You both got great draws.

Must be something with aOSU that makes their coaches lose their minds. The two most celebrated coaches in aOSU history were both given the option to resign in lieu of being fired. Woody made them pull the trigger, Jim decided to go quietly. Maybe it's all of those years having to live in Ohio :youmad:

/wrists

I think that it's absurd that we weren't invited with a 26 RPI and by far the most travel ready fanbase (and yes, the money definitely matters in these selections), but when you do so poorly in conference, it's hard to argue too much.

But to be frank, this team was frustrating as fuck to watch. Part of me is glad that the season is over :wilson:

All of the experts were saying if you weren't in a deep conference, you would have made it over a team like one of the selections from the Big East. Not making the SEC tournament was probably the biggest reason you didn't make it.

/wrists

All of the experts were saying if you weren't in a deep conference, you would have made it over a team like one of the selections from the Big East. Not making the SEC tournament was probably the biggest reason you didn't make it.

Oh without a doubt. That's why I said it was our conference record. Had we made it to Hoover, we would have made a Regional, period. So, although it's annoying because I think we still deserved to be there, we didn't take care of business in conference like we should have, so we just have to take what we're given. Sucks for whoever would have gotten us, though. We are a boon to the local economy :P