College Football - LSU is your daddy (indefinitely)

Joshjrn

2k3, you still an Aggie at heart?

Yeah definitely, just haven't been bothered trying to make a signature yet. Congrats on your Bowl win by the way, don't think I've been on here since before then.

Thank you, sir. Looks like Sherman is trying to build himself a pipeline into Louisiana.

Are you talking about recruiting? If so, then I can't see any problems with Sherman hedging his bets and trying to build a recruitment network farther afield than just Texas. With more accomplished programs such as Texas, Oklahoma and OSU generally relying on Texan talent (and probably being more attractive programs to join), A&M needs to look elsewhere. Louisiana's as good a place as any to do that.

Edited by Thegeezer2k3

Yeah definitely, just haven't been bothered trying to make a signature yet. Congrats on your Bowl win by the way, don't think I've been on here since before then.

Thank you, sir. Looks like Sherman is trying to build himself a pipeline into Louisiana.

Are you talking about recruiting? If so, then I can't see any problems with Sherman hedging his bets and trying to build a recruitment network farther afield than just Texas. With more accomplished programs such as Texas, Oklahoma and OSU generally relying on Texan talent (and probably being more attractive programs to join), A&M needs to look elsewhere. Louisiana's as good a place as any to do that.

As long as you stick to our leftovers and keep your eyes off our targets :otvnaughty:

Pitpirates08

Seems to me we've held our own with t.u. and the schools up north as far as recruiting Texas. I'm not putting any research into this but as far as in-state recruits in the past 5 years or so A&M and t.u. are pretty even, with OU not far behind and Baylor/OSU scooping up the leftovers.

Seems to me we've held our own with t.u. and the schools up north as far as recruiting Texas. I'm not putting any research into this but as far as in-state recruits in the past 5 years or so A&M and t.u. are pretty even, with OU not far behind and Baylor/OSU scooping up the leftovers.

A&M doesn't do shit in Texas. This past recruiting season, UT got 12 of Texas's top 25 prospects. Oklahoma got four. OK State got two. A whole host of universities picked up one. A&M got precisely zero. Your top grab was #28. Your second was #35. Your third was #43.

Of your 14 Texas signees, two were 4*, nine were 3*, and three were 2*.

Edited by Joshjrn

A&M doesn't do shit in Texas. This past recruiting season, UT got 12 of Texas's top 25 prospects. Oklahoma got four. OK State got two. A whole host of universities picked up one. A&M got precisely zero. Your top grab was #28. Your second was #35. Your third was #43.

Josh pretty much nailed it. We may get the same overall number of in-state recruits but the quality is severely lacking in comparison to the other schools listed above. We do alright with what we have but A&M needs to get a good run of success before top quality prospects will properly consider A&M as a viable commitment choice where they might actually get noticed. After all, college football's just a stepping stone to the NFL in their eyes.

As with above Josh, I doubt we'll be able to take any top LA prospects from LSU until our program hits a good vein of form.

Josh pretty much nailed it. We may get the same overall number of in-state recruits but the quality is severely lacking in comparison to the other schools listed above. We do alright with what we have but A&M needs to get a good run of success before top quality prospects will properly consider A&M as a viable commitment choice where they might actually get noticed. After all, college football's just a stepping stone to the NFL in their eyes.

As with above Josh, I doubt we'll be able to take any top LA prospects from LSU until our program hits a good vein of form.

Sometimes I enjoy reading A&M boards just for the lulz, but they are just kind of painful this year, and that's saying something considering that it's A&M fans we are talking about :P

Texas A&M > LSU in education, prestige, opportunity, etc.

He'll make the right decision to join the Aggies and be coached under Sherman. No sweat!

:reporter:

aOSU is so beyond fucked.

With NCAA investigators now taking a closer look at Pryor's use of automobiles at Ohio State -- Sports Illustrated reported earlier this week that he has driven as many as eight different cars while playing for the Buckeyes -- he flaunted his new sports car to them earlier this week.

Before a team meeting Monday, Pryor arrived at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center driving a recently purchased coal-black Nissan 350z. The car, which is reportedly titled to Pryor's mother, had a temporary dealer license plate.

ncf_a_pryorcar_600.jpg

http://espn.go.com/n...ark6211/on-mark

Edited by Joshjrn

OSU... USC... Eligibility after transferring from Florida to Auburn... Who cares?

I got two letters for you: UA.

Who's going to win the 2012 BCS National Championship?

I don't know for sure, but one thing I do know: this defense is gonna be hard as hell to score against, and Trent Richardson is going to go Thor all over a whole bunch of defensive linemen and linebackers.

aOSU is so beyond fucked.

With NCAA investigators now taking a closer look at Pryor's use of automobiles at Ohio State -- Sports Illustrated reported earlier this week that he has driven as many as eight different cars while playing for the Buckeyes -- he flaunted his new sports car to them earlier this week.

Before a team meeting Monday, Pryor arrived at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center driving a recently purchased coal-black Nissan 350z. The car, which is reportedly titled to Pryor's mother, had a temporary dealer license plate.

ncf_a_pryorcar_600.jpg

http://espn.go.com/n...ark6211/on-mark

So screwed.

Chances Terrele Pryor plays another college snap? I give it 5%.

Chances he leaves for the NFL this year? (Is that possible?) If so, 35% :P

Sometimes I enjoy reading A&M boards just for the lulz, but they are just kind of painful this year, and that's saying something considering that it's A&M fans we are talking about :P

Texas A&M > LSU in education, prestige, opportunity, etc.

He'll make the right decision to join the Aggies and be coached under Sherman. No sweat!

:reporter:

I love A&M as much as the next guy but out of the 2, LSU is still a better program. I mean A&M has only won 1 out of its last 10 bowl games. That isn't to say things can't change and we can't improve, but I'm being a realist in terms of which school is the most attractive to prospects. Apparently this year we're being considered to be one of the teams to beat because of the number of starters returning, but there's no point in speculating and getting hyped up. They'd be better off focusing on their own game and letting the performances do the talking. How is LSU fixed for this year? Optimistic?