Divination Arrives

Beric

Divination Skill - Now Live

Members' skill - first five levels for free players

The 26th RuneScape skill - Divination - is here! Gather the energy and memories of a slain god over 99 levels of auspicious skilling. Make useful new signs andportentstransmute resources to better ones; and conjure bountiful divine locations for you and your friends to harvest. Conquer the all-new hiscore board and blaze a trail to the prestigious Cape of Divination!

Getting Started

Orla Fairweather is a pioneer in the field of divination, and she's your first port of call. Find her at the camp between Lumbridge and Draynor Village and she'll give you a run-down of the skill - its background, and details of how and where to start training. For extra help, be sure to have your Active Task window up on-screen - it'll contain pointers on where to go and what to do.

As you unlock new things to create with the Divination skill, be sure to return and talk to Orla and her colleagues. They'll have more useful hints to share as you level up.

Training

Orla_Fairwisp_Aug-01092425.png

Divination is all about collecting and making use of the energy spread about the world by Guthix's death and the return of the gods. You'll train by visiting colonies of wispsand harvesting this energy from them.

The basic training method is to visit a wisp colony appropriate to your level and to click on a wisp. This will stop the wisp moving, and convert it to a spring. Then, click on the spring to start gathering memories and energy.

Note: Springs remain active for a period of time, irrespective of how much they are harvested, and any number of people may harvest a spring at one time. There's no need to worry about competition, and it's always more fun to train with others. Be sure to invite your friends!

Memories are non-stackable items that will accumulate in your inventory as you harvest the springs. Deposit these into one of the craters found near any of the wisp colonies and you'll have the choice to convert them to Divination XP. This will be your main training method for the skill. Alternatively, you can convert them to energy if you need more resources.

Energy is the core resource of the Divination skill. You'll use it to create the useful items related to the skill, as well as in the next production skill. You'll collect it as you harvest wisps, but you can opt to convert your memories into energy when you deposit them at the crater if you need more. Alternatively, you can use it to increase your XP gain while converting memories. Energy stacks within your inventory.

So, when you click on the crater, you'll have three options:

• Experience: This converts your memories to XP as normal, keeping your gathered energy. Choose this option if you're looking to level the skill, but also want to save up some energy to make items.
  • Enhanced Experience: This converts your energy into additional XP, while also converting your memories to XP. If you just want to gain XP, this is the way to go - don't forget to save some energy to make boons and other useful items, though.
  • Energy: This converts your memories into energy. This option is handy when you need to build up your stocks of energy for making items.
It's also important to note that energy and memories come in tiers, so you should train at the highest-level wisp colony that you're able to.

Benefits

Divination will be the direct companion to the new production skill, but there are plenty of things you can use your gathered energy for in the meantime.

Portents: These backpack-borne items are used and consumed automatically under certain conditions. For example, a portent of restoration will heal you when you drop under 50% health.

Signs: These items are also used and consumed when certain conditions are met, but are equipped in the pocket slot rather than carried in the backpack.

Perhaps most useful of these is the sign of the porter, which automatically deposits a certain number of items to your bank as you gather them, speeding up your other gathering skills by cutting down on bank runs.

Boons: These are permanent, passive buffs to your Divination XP and energy gain from converting energy and/or memories - one for each tier, with the exception of the first. As soon as you can create one of these, it's a good idea to do so!

Divine Locations: These are temporary gathering points that can be placed anywhere in the world that a fire can be lit (with the exception of the Grand Exchange). These can then be gathered from for a set time by anyone with the levels to do so. There are divine locations related to Mining, Hunter, Farming and Woodcutting.

Note that you can only make one divine location per day, and there is also a per-player limit on the quantity of resources that can be gathered from any divine locations, dependent on your total skill level.

When you place a divine location, up five people gathering from it have a chance to grant you noted resources as they gather. Note that these count towards your daily gathering limit.

Divine_Locations-20114944.png

Transmutation: You can use divine energy to convert resources into smaller quantities of higher -level resources. You could transmute yew logs into magic logs, for example. It's a good way to use up spare resources to top up your supplies of more expensive ones.

Dungeoneering: Divination has been integrated into the Dungeoneering skill. You'll find wisps and Divination-related skill doors on complexity 6 floors, and you'll be able to create signs to open other skill doors where you don't quite meet the requirements.

There's divine power aplenty to be purloined and a brand-new hiscore table to be conquered - not to mention a new skillcape to obtain, bedecked in colours chosen by the community. Start training now!

Enjoy!

I'm getting the impression that you can bank xp? So I could train it, keep all tr energy and memories in my bank and cash them all in in one day for a big chunk of xp?

Kind of. But you need to have an appropriate number of memories (unstackable, untradeable) of the same type as the energy in order to convert the energy into XP. It is recommended to just burn off all the energy as soon as you get it at lower levels, that shit isn't selling for anything worthwhile. But at higher levels, you might want to save up the energies for the 2nd skill.

Imagine it like this: Mining is released, but smithing is not. So in the meantime, you can burn the ores to get more mining XP. But smithing is looming on the horizon. Do you save up the coppers and tins, or just turn them into XP, and then save the coals and adamant ores instead? I'd do the latter.

I'd be after making the boons and transmuting some materials. Not really interested in the portents or signs that I've seen yet but that may change. I was just wondering if it was worth banking 99 and cashing it all in in one day but I guess the wisp tier system does put a stop to that.

Why's that? I'm quite content with a slow-ish AFKable. Hopefully the finishing skill that pairs with it next year will be interesting. I'm predicting engineering of some description. Rebuilding the world with energies and other 6th age materials.

It's just rather boring. An almost complete copy of the Runespan. Maybe our next skill can be a copy of another minigame. Woo!

The one click gathering really lacks imagination. Was hoping for something a bit more in depth to train than this. Well, before they said it was like RuneSpan, lol.