Looking for old Gladz

Fluffz

Iko3di, ikea
On 7/18/2018 at 11:59 PM, Lita2000 said:

Hey uhhhh that's a bummer, but I'm glad to hear you're better now!

Sup everyone (H)

Oh hello stranger.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, Josh1459 said:

-_-

Josh! What's up buddy!?

On 6/28/2018 at 6:17 AM, Orlando said:

:cow:

Here for my annual visit. I work in private equity. If RS business taught me anything it was some fine keyboard skills. Standing in the market and re-typing for sale in chat over and over again.... 

I kind of miss the hustle. All the arbitrage of cross trading between W3 Fally and W1 Varrock... 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:28 AM, Erador said:

Josh! What's up buddy!?

I kind of miss the hustle. All the arbitrage of cross trading between W3 Fally and W1 Varrock... 

I remember making most of my money in fishing. (H) Direct supply chain of raw seafood to Sethnik Kill for his Top 15 cooking. One of my regrets was not getting to 99 fishing. I think I got to like 95. 

23 hours ago, Orlando said:

I remember making most of my money in fishing. (H) Direct supply chain of raw seafood to Sethnik Kill for his Top 15 cooking. One of my regrets was not getting to 99 fishing. I think I got to like 95. 

Finish that off in a few days now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 5:19 PM, Josh1459 said:

-_-

Hey old buddy! How ya been bro?

9 hours ago, Krystal said:

Sup yourself?! There's a name I haven't seen in ages. <3 

Hey Krystal! Hope the years are treating you well!

9 hours ago, Mkm2384 said:

Hey old buddy! How ya been bro?

Hey Krystal! Hope the years are treating you well!

MICKEM<3 

They are! Just these last few weeks alone have been crazy. My husband & I are getting a house! If the title commitment gets done and sent to our lender by Thursday, then we could be closing next Wednesday.  The hype is real right now. We are SO sick of apartment living and are ready to take this next step. :D How are you?

On 11/6/2018 at 9:49 AM, Krystal said:

MICKEM<3 

They are! Just these last few weeks alone have been crazy. My husband & I are getting a house! If the title commitment gets done and sent to our lender by Thursday, then we could be closing next Wednesday.  The hype is real right now. We are SO sick of apartment living and are ready to take this next step. :D How are you?

Congratulations! That's great!

I'm still out living my best life lol, about $20k away from comfortably buying myself a house so I have about another year to go. Was finally about to get a decent career going about a year and a half ago being a Security Coordinator/Technical operations manager. I just got my first promotion on Tuesday here so I can only keep going up! Of course it's football season so I have my season tickets to brake up the long weeks of work.

On 11/8/2018 at 7:39 PM, Mkm2384 said:

Congratulations! That's great!

I'm still out living my best life lol, about $20k away from comfortably buying myself a house so I have about another year to go. Was finally about to get a decent career going about a year and a half ago being a Security Coordinator/Technical operations manager. I just got my first promotion on Tuesday here so I can only keep going up! Of course it's football season so I have my season tickets to brake up the long weeks of work.

Contrary to what society will have you believe, you don't actually have to have 20% of the house cost for a downpayment (as a first time homebuyer, at least), if that's what you're saving for. However, definitely have at least $10k ready to throw down on closing costs / potential upfront repairs to be safe.  Since we are first time homebuyers and have great credit, we qualified for a loan that will take 3% downpayment, and we don't even have to pay that - we can get a "2nd mortgage" loan to pay for that downpayment to be paid off in 10 years. At first, we were going to just simply do the downpayment ourselves, but we feel more comfortable doing that 2nd mortgage so that we can put our money into some minor changes we'd like to do to the house right away.  Interest is a bitch, so we don't intend to drag it out the full 10 years; we'll pay it off asap. But yeah.  Obviously it's more ideal to have as much of a downpayment as possible, (again, Interest is a big bad bitch) but.... with us throwing away $1000/mo into rent (and me paying for school), it's hard to accumulate a downpayment in a reasonable amount of time. We wanted to get in there and start building equity asap.

Just something to keep in mind! But if you think you're only about a year off, then you obviously are more on top of things than I am with saving money haha.

Edited by Krystal
4 hours ago, Krystal said:

Contrary to what society will have you believe, you don't actually have to have 20% of the house cost for a downpayment (as a first time homebuyer, at least), if that's what you're saving for. However, definitely have at least $10k ready to throw down on closing costs / potential upfront repairs to be safe.  Since we are first time homebuyers and have great credit, we qualified for a loan that will take 3% downpayment, and we don't even have to pay that - we can get a "2nd mortgage" loan to pay for that downpayment to be paid off in 10 years. At first, we were going to just simply do the downpayment ourselves, but we feel more comfortable doing that 2nd mortgage so that we can put our money into some minor changes we'd like to do to the house right away.  Interest is a bitch, so we don't intend to drag it out the full 10 years; we'll pay it off asap. But yeah.  Obviously it's more ideal to have as much of a downpayment as possible, (again, Interest is a big bad bitch) but.... with us throwing away $1000/mo into rent (and me paying for school), it's hard to accumulate a downpayment in a reasonable amount of time. We wanted to get in there and start building equity asap.

Just something to keep in mind! But if you think you're only about a year off, then you obviously are more on top of things than I am with saving money haha.

I'm just trying to have about $40K saved for the purposes of Furniture, a nice chunk off the principal for Interest purposes, a safety net, and to have money in the event of needing to build a shed or add on to the deck/build a deck. Around here it's difficult to find a decent home under $300k which doesn't need a solid $10k investment to fix up. So I moved back in with my Parents for the last year or so in order to save up faster. Things are to darn expensive! fortunately since they let me move back in with them I only really need $25K-$30K a year to function on other bills and entertainment which leaves the other half of my salary can go directly to saving. Before I moved in with them before my lease was up I spent all my extra money on paying off my bills and 2 Credit cards my Ex gifted me lol. I'm learning to be an adult slowly but surely.

Ahh gotcha. Sounds like your area is even more expensive than ours! For our budget, it's the same thing though. I've been browsing Zillow for a few years to get a grasp of what we can expect to see within budget, and boy there are some shit shows out there. To get a place in the city within budget that isn't a dump or smaller than our apartment or in a rough neighborhood is so hard. We got extremely lucky with this place. The only reason we avoided a bidding war was because I noticed the house the day it was listed, and we wasted no time getting at it. Lol. It is in great shape. Even my father-in-law approves which is amazing because he's not easy to please. There are only a couple things that we want to do right away, and the sellers were nice enough to credit us $3000 to address the issues. We have plenty of furniture, so we don't need money for that, although we would like a huge table for tabletop gaming.  We are going to invest in energy efficient appliances, however, since they'll just pay for themselves anyway. And we've already bought a few things for maintenance stuff like a nice ladder and a shop vac. Gonna get to work as soon as it's ours! That's good that you are paying off your CC's. We didn't have any CC debt, but we don't have loads of money either because personally, I'm a sucker for microtransactions in games lol...  But I'm definitely going to break that habit now that I have a house to care for.  I also had a car loan, which I paid off literally two days before we decided to buy this house. So I guess I did have *that* debt to pay off haha.

Edited by Krystal
  • 4 weeks later...