Looking for old Gladz

Fluffz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

AMAGAWD! , the forever lasting topic right here.. Since it started in 2013? I feel the need to bring it into 2018. I thought logging into here after 12 years there would be literally no one left! Can't believe all the people who still pop by! Hope you are all well! 

I'm just amazed that Rafi still has the same signature as he did when I was in Gladz ages ago lol.

Sup 2018.  I don't think there's much new with me since I last posted.  I'm at the halfway point of my college career, and I'll have my car paid off next month when we get our tax return, so I'm pretty pumped about that.  Otherwise, I'm doing alright. I hope everyone else is doing okay as well. :)

On 1/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, Krystal said:

I'm just amazed that Rafi still has the same signature as he did when I was in Gladz ages ago lol.

Sup 2018.  I don't think there's much new with me since I last posted.  I'm at the halfway point of my college career, and I'll have my car paid off next month when we get our tax return, so I'm pretty pumped about that.  Otherwise, I'm doing alright. I hope everyone else is doing okay as well. :)

Hiii Krystal!  Half left to go on the college! Glad to hear stuff is going well.

Edited by 3lite
On 1/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, Krystal said:

I never did make that juggling video for @Atanas.  

11 hours ago, 3lite said:

Hiii Krystal!  Half left to go on the college! Glad to hear stuff is going well.

Derek!! How goes it for you?! =) 

1 hour ago, Rafi said:

I never did make that juggling video for @Atanas.  

It's never too late! :P

2 hours ago, Krystal said:

Derek!! How goes it for you?! =) 

It's never too late! :P

Maybe you could pixel art one for me instead! 

1 hour ago, Rafi said:

Maybe you could pixel art one for me instead! 

Lol I'm sure you've practiced juggling a lot more recently than I've practiced pixel art.  These days, I've been attempting some digital art on my tablet & also doing pet portraits using soft pastels.. hoping to make some $$ on the side with them someday.  Tis fun times. 

Lol yeah it feels weird being at such a low count. Are the old forums accessible even? I don't remember what I was at.

And yeah,  Erador, I was in nursing school back in 2006,  but I dropped it because nursing is not for me. You have seriously got to be a real people person to enjoy being a nurse. I got certified as a Nurse Assistant so that I could make decent money until I figured stuff out. I just want a clinical  laboratory job where I can be around fellow nerds. I am majoring in Cytotechnology (working with cells, biopsies)  and minoring in both Biology and Chemistry. Ideally, I would like to stay at the current hospital of which I am employed so that I can keep my seniority status and benefits. There are openings for Cytotechs every few months, so I'm hopeful. If not, I will take any ole clinical lab job in the area. Madison is a pretty progressive city, so there are several opportunities here.  I've considered obtaining a post baccalaureate certificate in Stem Cell Research, but I am hesitant because I know that field isn't the most supported out there, heh. But man, it would be interesting. Either way, I just want a lab job and then do pet portraits on the side for extra cash. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, Erador said:

How crap, 3lite! Now that's a name I haven't seen in a long time.

hey Krystal--weren't you in nursing school?

Hey there.  Been ~5 years since the last time playing.  How are ya?

18 hours ago, Sonic772 said:

Chauuuuuuuuuuuuuu!, sup dudes hows the years been treating ya?.

Hey Wilfred, when are we going to six flags?

1 hour ago, 3lite said:

Hey there.  Been ~5 years since the last time playing.  How are ya?

Hey Wilfred, when are we going to six flags?

It's been awhile man, so what you been up to?. Man dude looking at that name brings back memories of when I first met you through sethik kill. Didn't we go to six flags with hector, sethik_kills, me and you? maybe we didn't but I could've sworn we went.

So what you been up to?, still playing?. I started back on osrs 2007 just for the nostalgic feels, The game has changed so much since I played kinda interesting seeing all the new implementation of things. I still have snake4me999 on my steam friends hes been playing csgo, as for sethik I haven't heard much from him since he moved to Philadelphia after we graduated high school.

Edited by Sonic772
11 hours ago, Sonic772 said:

It's been awhile man, so what you been up to?. Man dude looking at that name brings back memories of when I first met you through sethik kill. Didn't we go to six flags with hector, sethik_kills, me and you? maybe we didn't but I could've sworn we went.

So what you been up to?, still playing?. I started back on osrs 2007 just for the nostalgic feels, The game has changed so much since I played kinda interesting seeing all the new implementation of things. I still have snake4me999 on my steam friends hes been playing csgo, as for sethik I haven't heard much from him since he moved to Philadelphia after we graduated high school.

Yeah we did, how is your cousin doing?

I just restarted after not playing for about 5+ years. I haven't spoken to Orlando or Conjee in a long time - moved to Australia for 4 years and live in Washington state now.

8 hours ago, 3lite said:

Yeah we did, how is your cousin doing?

I just restarted after not playing for about 5+ years. I haven't spoken to Orlando or Conjee in a long time - moved to Australia for 4 years and live in Washington state now.

Wow, how was Australia? sounds like a cool experience. As for hector I haven't spoken to him 2 years after graduation we all went our separate ways. I did hear from a relative he has a kid now, tbh the game feels way easier to get into then it was in past when we played. Very interesting having the grand exchange make the community aspect of trade just go away(at least to me), its basically a auction house like in wow but I sorta miss the bartering for lower prices that people would do to get that extra save on gp.

The game just feel way better for casuals so I can't really complain, although I feel after reading up on rev's that it kinda makes skilling not worth it in the long run or that the value of skills are demoralize but that's just my opinion. Either way its great seeing a couple of old gladz still around, god the memories of destroyer25 making fun of my dogs death. Death co being a cool guy but a savage individual on the forums lol. I also remember chappy being a positive dude on teamspeak back then. Alchy and emp making my life feel positive as well as buddylover, kiwi, darknight, etc. Alot of why I come back to the forums once in awhile is basically because the gladz community was what made runescape good for me not to mention the community as a whole.

The 120 race for wars, oh well can't go back right heh. Even when we had our highs and lows we still pulled through, kinda makes me glad the elders, old leaders, new ones, new players, retired ones, alliance players, kept this community going. I see jags is still around but what ever happened with tmrd?, and I know I am missing another ally we had in the past but don't remember the name ugh.

Edited by Sonic772
2 hours ago, Sonic772 said:

Wow, how was Australia? sounds like a cool experience. As for hector I haven't spoken to him 2 years after graduation we all went our separate ways. I did hear from a relative he has a kid now, tbh the game feels way easier to get into then it was in past when we played. Very interesting having the grand exchange make the community aspect of trade just go away(at least to me), its basically a auction house like in wow but I sorta miss the bartering for lower prices that people would do to get that extra save on gp.

The game just feel way better for casuals so I can't really complain, although I feel after reading up on rev's that it kinda makes skilling not worth it in the long run or that the value of skills are demoralize but that's just my opinion. Either way its great seeing a couple of old gladz still around, god the memories of destroyer25 making fun of my dogs death. Death co being a cool guy but a savage individual on the forums lol. I also remember chappy being a positive dude on teamspeak back then. Alchy and emp making my life feel positive as well as buddylover, kiwi, darknight, etc. Alot of why I come back to the forums once in awhile is basically because the gladz community was what made runescape good for me not to mention the community as a whole.

The 120 race for wars, oh well can't go back right heh. Even when we had our highs and lows we still pulled through, kinda makes me glad the elders, old leaders, new ones, new players, retired ones, alliance players, kept this community going. I see jags is still around but what ever happened with tmrd?, and I know I am missing another ally we had in the past but don't remember the name ugh.

Ahh, well I hope Hector is doing well.

I just came back myself, but XP gains are certainly much faster (I remember my combat training on 3lite was with a mystic staff at earth warriors).  Most aspects of the game are easier now, but some are more difficult (ex., getting a party hat, the complexity of PvMing).

Seeing all those names brings back memories.  I remember Emperor Necro calling me "Kalsong Sniffare", which translates to underwear sniffer :(.  I remember looking at Echo69x and thinking about what a beast he was and lots of other old Gladz.  From the days when we played with Gladz, there aren't many old names left, but there are some (looking at you geezers, Rafi and Bleedblack).

The alliance clans you're missing are "The" and the Blacknights (though at some point BK left the alliance).  Also, when you were around, The Devilz Clan was a separate ally, though not officially in The Alliance.  I miss TDC and how they got me introduced to P2P pking.  TMRD disbanded awhile ago.  I'm unsure of the status of Jags or "the" (GERMS WHERE ARE YOU?!?!).

I have to confess, probably soon after you stopped playing, I left Gladz and still played Runescape.  I was in a different clan called Eternal Honour for a few years, but still kept in touch with a lot of my Gladz friends.

My former main character is banned now, so I'm on a new one (Ensiferum).  I play RS3, but you should add me anyway!