PC BUILD OFF

Blank

- Im looking for a build for a gaming desktop that can handle most if not all of the new games coming out. Also that can handle a little school work here and there.

-A budget of $1500 that includes monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

-Liquid cooling would be nice but not essential.

-i5 is good enough for me.

-Im most likey going to be purchasing these parts from Newegg.

Gladz assemble!

also, Thanks!

^ because despite what some people might tell you... intel is vastly superior to amd when it comes to computation

I would recommend 

r9-290 (r9-290x is like $150 for like 3-4 fps more in the graphic intensive games and the 780ti is ridiculously expensive)

Liquid cooling is only essential if you plan on overclocking your cpu. 

Edited by JCutler 6
^ because despite what some people might tell you... intel is vastly superior to amd when it comes to computation

I would recommend

r9-290 (r9-290x is like $150 for like 3-4 fps more in the graphic intensive games and the 780ti is ridiculously expensive)

And despite that he's going for gaming, and the price difference won't justify the computation advantage.

I agree with shady on the 290, even though I got the x (Sapphire). Would look into the regular 290 situation some more, when I got the x the 290 was having bad overheating and software problems. Also can't go wrong with dual 290 ' s :P

Newegg have awesome promos that include liquid cooling, just pick the 290 on there and it'll show you some bundles with a cpu, water cooling, ram and the gpu itself.

Edited by Hi im Sas

I would recommend 

I personally hate amd graphics, the 4770k is a great processor but is complete overkill if you aren't doing sound/visual design. I'd go with an amd-fx9590 with a nvidia gtx 780/780ti for some serious gaming power

I agree Nvidia has been better than AMD (although ATI was better than Nvidia with their 4000/5000 series) but he has a $1500 budget which won't be met if he buys a $700 graphics card which is why I offered him a ~$370 solution. 

A 4770k is not overkill if he plans to play games like Total War which utilize a lot of computation power in between turns. Also newer games have been utilizing all cores. 

^ because despite what some people might tell you... intel is vastly superior to amd when it comes to computation I would recommend  4770kr9-290 (r9-290x is like $150 for like 3-4 fps more in the graphic intensive games and the 780ti is ridiculously expensive) Liquid cooling is only essential if you plan on overclocking your cpu. 

I personally hate amd graphics, the 4770k is a great processor but is complete overkill if you aren't doing sound/visual design. I'd go with an amd-fx9590 with a nvidia gtx 780/780ti for some serious gaming power

I agree with the overkill statement, and also recommend the 9590 (What I'm rocking( also, get the Asus 990fx Mobo if you go with it, as it's a great motherboard) the FX8350 is also a great choice with a lesser price tag.

Yeah, the 990fx mobo is pretty important if you want to SLI graphics cards, I'm running two 780s right now with an fx9590 and there isn't any games out right now that I can't max settings in 3-D surround while recording gameplay.  Mind you, I only play 1080px3, I don't do 1440px3, would probably need dual 780tis or titans to accomplish that

I made a second list for you too, the price tag on the cheaper build is 1491 dollars and the more expensive beefier version is 1776 dollars.  You could probably save a lot of money by shopping around and buying some of the components on amazon.  Just hit me with your email in private chat and I'll send you both lists

Edited by Aequitas

^ because despite what some people might tell you... intel is vastly superior to amd when it comes to computation I would recommend  4770kr9-290 (r9-290x is like $150 for like 3-4 fps more in the graphic intensive games and the 780ti is ridiculously expensive) Liquid cooling is only essential if you plan on overclocking your cpu. 

I agree with the overkill statement, and also recommend the 9590 (What I'm rocking( also, get the Asus 990fx Mobo if you go with it, as it's a great motherboard) the FX8350 is also a great choice with a lesser price tag.

So you say a 4770k is overkill... but you recommend a 9590 which is the AMD equivalent... makes sense

Edited by JCutler 6
8MoL6OL.jpg?1

first build

Jeez, just realised how clogged water cooling makes my case ;-;. Anyways, your wire management is superb ._.

I would've gotten an Intel cpu and an amd gpu if I were you though :P.

Yea over all it cost about 1600 with shipping fees and what not (Im in hawaii). Plus another $120 for mouse and keyboard. This build is pretty much what Evan suggested, i made a few upgrades on the SSD and RAM. Took about 3-4 hours to build. Cable management was a bit tricky having a MID atx with a Mobo this big. Also the heat sink is bulky as fuck. 

the windows 8 though? I was talking to Becky and she said that people were having problems running steam on that os.

Yea over all it cost about 1600 with shipping fees and what not (Im in hawaii). Plus another $120 for mouse and keyboard. This build is pretty much what Evan suggested, i made a few upgrades on the SSD and RAM. Took about 3-4 hours to build. Cable management was a bit tricky having a MID atx with a Mobo this big. Also the heat sink is bulky as fuck. 

the windows 8 though? I was talking to Becky and she said that people were having problems running steam on that os.

no issues with steam. I bought windows 8 64 bit off /r/softwareswap for 20 bucks.

What kind of mouse and keyboard? I got a g710+ a few months ago and im still using my mx518. I bought a newer logitech mouse but it shit out on me a while ago and the mx518 still works great.

I got a Razer Naga mouse and a Alienware tactx keyboard. Like them both so far. The only problem i have for now is the mouse color is green and doesnt go with the keyboard and case lighting (blue).