"Permanently Banned" and in desperate need of help.

Tectok

Hey guys,

I've been pretty absent from the game for the last 5 weeks, partly because of a trip to Europe and partly because I've been slapped with a permanent ban for macro use after my account security was compromised.

In a nutshell, JAG security informed me somebody with an IP from Hong Kong was trying to access my account while I was overseas. Naturally I changed my password for good measure and thought nothing else of it. When I got back, it turned out this outstanding citizen did indeed fully access my account and managed to get it banned for macro usage.

I appealed the ban to Jagex a little over 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. I'm absolutely desperate to SOMEHOW get in touch with Jagex to restore the account as the evidence is so cut and dry - the IP log of the macro use was in HK, while I was in Europe. Plus, JAG should have prevented anyone else logging into my account without my laptop (although I've been told now that its security is pretty easy to bypass).

I've been chatting to Windy about this and she suggested emailing support@jagex.com, but unfortunately Jagex don't seem to have a general support or customer service contact that I can find at least.

So if anyone knows anyway possible to get in touch with Jagex outside of their shoddy appeal process - or has any experience with this sorta situation in the past - please, please let me know. Thanks so much for reading!

Jagex has the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, ever. I have no idea what you could do other than go through their appeal process. I do know that nagging them elsewhere (forums, Twitter, etc) will get you nowhere - you'll just be told to use the appeal process.

I do know that nagging them elsewhere (forums, Twitter, etc) will get you nowhere - you'll just be told to use the appeal process.

Yeah I had a sneaking suspicion this would be the case :(

Nova, I don't now if irritating a mod will work but you're definitely welcome to try!!

I can probably give it another couple of weeks sitting in the appeal process before I truly go crazy, but it just seems amazing it can take so long to be looked at by Jagex.

I do know that nagging them elsewhere (forums, Twitter, etc) will get you nowhere - you'll just be told to use the appeal process.

Yeah I had a sneaking suspicion this would be the case :(

Nova, I don't now if irritating a mod will work but you're definitely welcome to try!!

I can probably give it another couple of weeks sitting in the appeal process before I truly go crazy, but it just seems amazing it can take so long to be looked at by Jagex.

Well I wasn't going to simply make a spam topic for it but rather try to make a semi respectful topic asking for suggestions on how to deal with situations like this :P

There are 1-2 mods who frequently skim through topics on the clan leader forums so hopefully posting a topic like that would get some answers from them. But I will wait another week or so to see if you get some feedback at all. Just keep us updated :x

• 3 months later...

Hey again guys. Bit of a long time, I know, but thought I may as well update this thread.

The account is still permabanned sitting in "appeal pending" status. I have received zero contact from Jagex. Nuthin'.

There's no customer service line I can call. There's no email address that works that I can appeal my situation to.

I've resorted to posting on the forums. Even that required me to make a new account and give it a month's worth of subscription to allow me to post. I'm literally giving Jagex money just for a shot at some help. Posted it this evening so I'm still waiting for a

response.

Jagex's customer service is probably the absolute worst I've ever experienced - and I work in Telco, the dodgiest industry of 'em all.

I'm still very keen to get my account back and get into the game again. Hopefully the forums help - otherwise I'm all out of options.

apvk1Ov.jpg

I don't believe it though

That's so bs, they never respond or if they do it seems like copy/paste anyways.
That's interesting. I usually get a response within 12 hours and they are rarely copy/paste answers. I used to rage about their customer service but the past 4-5 years I usually get great service. Maybe I get extra love for being one of their prehistoric players? I don't know.

apvk1Ov.jpg

I don't believe it though

That's so bs, they never respond or if they do it seems like copy/paste anyways.
That's interesting. I usually get a response within 12 hours and they are rarely copy/paste answers. I used to rage about their customer service but the past 4-5 years I usually get great service. Maybe I get extra love for being one of their prehistoric players? I don't know.

Well, My experiences with them were a couple years ago, maybe they have been improving. 

Thanks for the support, I might finally make a twitter account and contact them on there.
I would highly recommend it. I have been visiting the RSOF a little more often lately and that's what players are saying is the best way to get in contact with Jagex.

Let us know how it goes. It's always been a pain trying to recover hacked --> banned accounts.

Do you have any idea how your account got compromised in the first place? Do you not use the cell phone authenticator?

28 people on the ticket support system. that's pathetic.

I somehow don't see any of them doing 18,500 support tickets each. Even if they are so called "Multi-skilled". 

Check out their reddit. Admins are on frequently there, and I saw one reply to a guy who got banned for macroing during a time while he quit (Hijacked account).