Any merchants here?

Wise Counsel

Hey guys,

I'm looking to hear from and speak with people who are seasoned merchants. Mostly hoping to pick your brain and find out how to get my own situation going again. The game has changed a lot since I started playing recently so I'm not really sure how to think when picking and pricing items.

So, where are you guys at?

Edited by Fair Value

I merched a LOT (100's of Billions) in other games and I have been doing a little of it here recently.  Double XP weekend coming up and represents a great opportunity for you.  There are still a lot of things for you to buy that people will want Nov. 1st. 

Edited by Caedis

If you do come across any good advice let me know xD, and if you see me in game shoot me up and I'll be glad to fill you in on all I know that you might've missed .-.

There's really nothing to it, the GE makes it incredibly easy. You can flip items and bank-stand/skill while they sell. The more money you have, the more money you make. Look to make a % of profit rather than trying to make X amount per. 

If you're looking for something more long-term, you can invest in crashing items and sell them when/if they turn. This makes more money, but takes a bit longer (obviously) and is riskier than flipping.

Always search items before buying: http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/

Thanks for the tips, guys. Yeah I've been short term flipping (<2 days) a few items here and there like steel platebodys, dragon frost bones, and royal dragonhides. I've made margins as high as 10% but that's because I've been leaving my offers in for hours at a time.

What are some crashing items that are worth taking a look at? I'm not really familiar with those. Most of my items of choice have been commodities since I generally lack the experience to take on more risk.

Also, with the double exp weekend coming up (as mentioned by Caedis), how do you think things will come along?

Edited by Fair Value

what is your stack saying?

if you just want to make some quick money and pick up merching again join either 90weaps pc or nex and ss fcs, even though margins are a bit crappy cos of everyone rinsing off each other prices it still makes me like 10m+ per day just flipping with these chats, also invest in 2x exp weekend for easy money. as for items ive been doing pretty well on grenwall spikes atm.