Ports - Guardians of the World

Pearl

Manage voyages anywhere in game, meet three new adventurers, embark on a whole new voyage type and enjoy some exotic rewards, including a level-85 katana and wakizashi, and seasinger wand and orb.

Click Here to Read More

Overall I think it's a great update, especially now being able to control your ships without having to be present in the player-owned ports location. It's about time they introduce new weapons, but I think the requirements to create them are ridiculous and very time consuming.

I like how The Memory kind of resembles Guthix.

"She is a collection of Guthix's memories taking the form of his daughter, Aagi."

:jade: I neglect my ports a lot. Besides my cpt'n and their unruly crew are always getting lost or chasing mermaids , they are such baddies  :jade:

Aw :(.  I started off the same way Gabby, but I kept sending my crew out on suicide missions until they leveled up enough to complete it.  Hope you keep trying, only takes about 5 mins to ship them off :D.  Probably faster now, since you don't have to physically be present anymore (Y).

• 2 weeks later...

Wiki doesn't have a picture of them yet, nor does the actual Runescape wiki :sadbanana:

They require a separate scroll to make them plus a tengu tsuba (or kaseki for seasinger) for each weapon (main/off-hand).. you're also only able to get them via voyages in The Shield and need a travelled distance of 6m to receive them. In addition to the tsuba, you need 100 plate and 50 pearls for main-hand and 50 plate and 25 pearls for off-hand.

It's entirely possible someone has them, I mean it's been a week and a half now. I have 2/4 scroll pieces for it but I haven't been sailing in The Shield due to the insane upgrade costs (terracotta!). I'd rather get the new title unlocked than get the weapons haha.

Sooo, if you want the katanas you should probably start working on it now. I don't know how far you are distance/resource-wise but you might actually need to put in some work.

I did voyages nearly every day, had a pretty substantial amount of azure.. it's still not enough haha.

5k terracotta + 5k steel for the first bar upgrade; 5k azure for the next upgrade to max it out.

20k azure to upgrade the workshop.

10k azure to upgrade the lodgings.

10k azure to upgrade the shipwright.

15k terracotta for the first warehouse upgrade; 20k azure for the next upgrade.

Then if you really want to be thorough the portal needs 25k azure to be changed to the fancy one.

I'm soooo ready to be done with terracotta, only 9k more! I assume by the time I have the upgrades done that count towards your score I will be nearly finished with all the story missions as well.

5k terracotta + 5k steel for the first bar upgrade; 5k azure for the next upgrade to max it out.

20k azure to upgrade the workshop.

10k azure to upgrade the lodgings.

10k azure to upgrade the shipwright.

15k terracotta for the first warehouse upgrade; 20k azure for the next upgrade.

I was much happier before I saw these numbers. 

I felt a little ill myself, Jade. Aside from all the terrracotta I didn't have, I am still missing the 20k azure to complete the warehouse, nevermind the 25k for my portal.

The good news for me is that once I finish getting the terracotta I can go back to The Shield and hopefully find the voyages with the kaseki and tsuba!

Unless you want the title "Portmaster" it's not even really necessary to upgrade everything.. although you'll for sure want to get the upgrades on the shipwright (5% boost to stats + one stat by an extra 3%) and warehouse (10% extra everything and 5% extra azure).

I've been trying to get the kaseki gem for the seasinger wand ever since the start and still no luck. I've had friends who are on the hlf looking and as far as I can tell, no-one has got the katanas or wand/orb yet. I'm thinking of just getting the azure I need to finish my upgrades, then hitting up the terracotta region. For all we know, there's some secret combination of building/crew/captins that you need for the kaseki/tsuba.

The Jmods have been very secretive about it on the forums, so who knows.

Maybe you need story lines progressed to a certain point? The Memory's story line and the Tengu's have both mentioned seasingers; the Tengu also mentions using his katanas in battle. I'd guess the Exile also makes mention of one/both of them?

Could someone explain to me what clue progress voyages are all about? I've done several and still don't understand. Wiki did not lift my veil of confusion.