Thoughts on broad arrows for fletching on dxpw?

AmusedDragon

EDIT: After doing a test it seems that many of the slayer masters share a stock of broad arrows. A few of them weren't effected but a majority of them share the same stock so it doesn't seem feasible to buy 196k of them for 50 gp each, but still:

I was considering buying broad arrow tips and untipped arrows to traing to 99 fletching on double xp weekend.

I am 91 fletching at the moment with 6,670,108 xp til 99.

A set of 15 arrows tipped is 255 xp or 510 xp on double xp weekend.

So my xp to 99 divided by 510 is 13,079 actions, which we times by 15 to get 196,185 total broad arrows needed.

I know this is a very expensive method, but if I kind of round robin all the slayer masters everyday I can pick up a bunch of tips for 50ea.

Headless arrows are about 70ea, and if I grab all the broad arrow tips from slayer masted they will all be 50 ea. So 120gp per arrow.

This comes out to be 23,542,200 gp.

I can definitely drop that cash, but is there a better way of doing fletching? I've heard that this method WITHOUT double xp is 675k xp an hour. this would get me 99 very quickly over the weekend.

Edited by AmusedDragon

EDIT: After doing a test it seems that many of the slayer masters share a stock of broad arrows. A few of them weren't effected but a majority of them share the same stock so it doesn't seem feasible to buy 196k of them for 50 gp each, but still:

Ask some clannies to buy some for you. 

Make ascension bolts instead. It's a *tiny* bit less experience, but not a complete waste of money since you can sell the bolts afterward.

Calc says they're 6.85gp/xp and broads are 11gp/xp. I'm just not sure on xp per hour with bolts?

edit: Wiki says they both top out at about 600k p/h, so unless I'm missing something, ascensions look like a much better option.

Edited by Gladz

Make ascension bolts instead. It's a *tiny* bit less experience, but not a complete waste of money since you can sell the bolts afterward.

Calc says they're 6.85gp/xp and broads are 11gp/xp. I'm just not sure on xp per hour with bolts?

edit: Wiki says they both top out at about 600k p/h, so unless I'm missing something, ascensions look like a much better option.

Good option.... but

I'd need 166,750 ascension shards to make it to 99 on double xp weekend.

I just did a test right now and bought 10 for 7430gp and sold after crafting them for 5160gp. That's a 227 gp loss per bolt. I.E 37,852,250 loss.

That's assuming they don't drop gigantically after this DXPW cause tons of other people had the same idea.... <_<

ALSO, I don't have the capital. It's 124MIL to just buy all the shards. I'm a bit worried about the price drop after dxpw too. (I could theoretically make up the capital in the time before the weekend but I don't see that happening, I could do it in the timespanbut it's a matter of how busy I am.)

What do I do. ;_;

Ask some clannies to buy some for you. 

Might be an option. :P

Edited by AmusedDragon

Don't do ascensions, they're not better than broads. If you want to save some money though, you could do magic shieldbows (u). They're about 180k/hour without bonus and very little loss if you don't string them.

Also, the amount of time you'll save doing broads is rediculous. it will take you barely any time to get fletch done, then you can power out some other skills on dxp.

Doing broads are time efficient aswell. if you did broads then went and made money at rorari or something, you would still be better off.

Also, the amount of time you'll save doing broads is rediculous. it will take you barely any time to get fletch done, then you can power out some other skills on dxp.

Doing broads are time efficient aswell. if you did broads then went and made money at rorari or something, you would still be better off.

This was my thought too.

I just need to somehow get 196k broad arrow tips. Buy me some guys. =P I will reimburse you for the cost

At 9000/196,000

Edited by AmusedDragon

I just need to somehow get 196k broad arrow tips. Buy me some guys. =P I will reimburse you for the cost

At 9000/196,000

What's the GE limit?

e: 10k per 4hrs you should be gravy

Edited by Gladz

At 9000/196,000

What's the GE limit?

e: 10k per 4hrs you should be gravy

I'm recruiting all of your to buy them from slayer masters for 50 ea. They are way overpriced in the ge.

I will of course reimburse you.

=P

By the way my xp on the broad arrows was mistyped. It's 225 each action not 255.