How to not have a Horrific Interface

AmusedDragon

1 hour ago, iSpesh said:

I recently came up with a UI that works for me, being on a small screen I'm limited to what I can do with it. 2my6g6a.png

If you're strapped for space I'd recommend doing these things (in addition to slimming your headers):

- Get rid of your stats. I know that it's convenient to always have access to them, but if space is an issue, you're never really "using" that information. So I see it as a convenience, not a "need".

- I would find a different place to put your familiar stuff, just because you're not always using a familiar. When you're not using one, it's just dead space - which is something that is already limited.

- Seems nuts, but I'd also get rid of your prayer window. Use that one additional action bar you've got and place all the necessary prayers (deflects, turmoil/anguish/torment, protect item, etc.) If you look at mine, I've got all the necessary ones plus a couple seren spells.

I just used my 11" MacBook and put this layout together, which is basically just a scaled down version of my main layout.

- Gear screen is basically as minimal as possible.

- Combined the magic, prayer, and skills tabs. I like having magic separate because its commonly used independent of combat, so I like having it near my inventory.

- Inventory is horizontal, like yours. Not a huge fan of it, but if space is limited I find that this is an easy way to keep things looking nice.

- Only two action bars. One would be for prayer, other would be for skilling/adrenaline stalling/pots and food/anything else. (ignore the one in the upper left corner - I didn't feel like making it go away when I logged onto my other computer).

- Regular sized main action bar - this just seems easier to work with and looks more aesthetically pleasing (to me).

- Single chat. Kind of small - worst aspect of this layout by far (IMO).

- Resize the stupid ribbon that can't be hidden so that its small. It's length feels odd to work with. No other windows really need to be stretched that far, and anything that gets shrunk down to half the size looks awkward. When sized so its 2x4 you can get a reasonably sized map/inventory/gear/skill windows

GGrbm2pOzRHTsm5AEbRJKiZV0OxawWr9nvXPMA9B

You can still have the runemetrics stuff to track XP and all that stuff - I just don't like having it around.

The big difference I think is that I've resized the actual game window (can be found in edit mode -> 3D World Editing). This way, you don't have parts of the actual game "under" your interface - prevents clicking through chat to move, etc. This way your game area is correctly centered to that actual area on your screen where the game is taking place.

If you want to go with the layout where it goes up both sides and across the bottom, I think resizing the actual game window would help you out to make sure that everything works together.

Edited by Dnovelta
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

I feel like I have to bump this topic just for this photo... (and because maybe amused has updated his interface since then)

interface.png

Holy shit lol 

13 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

if you want to watch the entire kill...

Pffft, he moved some bits back to get more room. He's bad.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:06 AM, Overvoltage said:

I feel like I have to bump this topic just for this photo... (and because maybe amused has updated his interface since then)

interface.png

How does this person see anything, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Simply because I enjoy this thread, this is my current go-to interface:

3764a8b1d8dc97b96f695bd451e809cf.jpg

My other interface is:

89bd05283a545ee334707463d245f1af.jpg

On 5/7/2017 at 0:07 PM, koko kozory said:

I play on the lowest possible settings and still have a 240 ping 

Yikes.

Not a solution for ping but if you got fps issues making your game world smaller with 3d world editing really helps me gain frames if that is also an issue for you. Not sure if that works on legacy interface mode though. I hate the legacy look and the fact that you can't have many things up at once seems like it'd be a chore to switch to different tabs all the time.

10 hours ago, Veggie said:

Scroll bars on familiar interface and those rows/columns on inventory? SMH

The inventory is sized that way because I prioritized making my stat page look pretty. I realize I'm a terrible human being.