Invention Training Discussion

AmusedDragon

A 25% buff for item leveling seems underwhelming considering people who are over 40 were reporting xp rates of 20-25 k an hour and those who are spamming gizmos were getting +2 mill. 

If you want to be super inefficient training this skill use those wishing well bush seeds or whatever.. 1gp each for 2.5xp per and its 0% junk rate.

Randomly had 495k of them in the bank l0l 

8 minutes ago, Deathstar said:

guide plz for 99 in a month 

Maybe if you still had a phat to waste. 

Just be sure not to augment your good gear yet, i did it on my nox and apparently from what people are saying 1 hour of combat= 6k incandescent energy so can be pricey 

10 minutes ago, Zackverisher said:

Just be sure not to augment your good gear yet, i did it on my nox and apparently from what people are saying 1 hour of combat= 6k incandescent energy so can be pricey 

It's gonna get reduced probably.

Also this works for now but can change at any point: If someone kills you in pvp for you augmented weapon they get the non-augmented one back.

Do at your own risk though .

2 hours ago, Nova Deeps said:

If you want to be super inefficient training this skill use those wishing well bush seeds or whatever.. 1gp each for 2.5xp per and its 0% junk rate.

Randomly had 495k of them in the bank l0l 

7500 xp/hr, 4800 hours to lvl 99!

Or in other words, the time it takes to max in Old School *twice*, or the time it takes to (otherwise) max in RS3 *four times*, or 72% of a year playing as much as the god, king, lord and savior Lynx Titan plays.

Just now, Veggie said:

7500 xp/hr, 4800 hours to lvl 99!

Or in other words, the time it takes to max in Old School *twice*, or the time it takes to (otherwise) max in RS3 *four times*, or 72% of a year playing as much as the god, king, lord and savior Lynx Titan plays.

l0l 

Thank Vigi I should have been more specific.

You can do this if you want to be HOLY SHIT BALLS TO THE WALL INEFFICIENT GOOD LUCK GETTING 99 INVENTION BY 2020.

Better?

6 minutes ago, Nova Deeps said:

l0l 

Thank Vigi I should have been more specific.

You can do this if you want to be HOLY SHIT BALLS TO THE WALL INEFFICIENT GOOD LUCK GETTING 99 INVENTION BY 2020.

Better?

So you're saying this should be my method of choice?

I'm still confused about augmented weapons. If you run out of charges can you still use the weapon? Obviously the perks won't function. 

Therefore, we have just made the following changes today to fix some of the issues that have been caused. These include:

1800% increase to the experience gained for disassembly and siphoning of Augmented Gear.
The experience gained by playing differed significantly from that which was intended in design – as such we are realigning the experience to be in line with our original vision and expectations.

50% reduction in the experience gained for using materials to fill gizmos.
This method has become the main experience generator for a large number of players and has clearly been more rewarding than is beneficial for the game, particularly in the case of those with substantial in-game personal wealth. There was always an expectation that players with solid banks would be well equipped to progress rapidly, but this has been more successful for those players than intended by design.

:((((

Actually, this reminds me of when Farming came out and for the first few days it was faster xp to just immediately dig up your plants after planting them (repeat this nonstop). Letting them fully grow was considered a waste of time. People raged hard when they fixed it. 

"How dare you make me train the skill the way it was intended?!"

Thematically, I don't like leveling "invention" by killing things. Just doesn't make sense to devalue putting together blueprints and gizmos at a workbench in favor of something that now feels like yet another combat skill. 

7 hours ago, Gladzgasmic said:

I would like it if we could augment skilling tools. I know there are accumulators, but I mean perks on a pickaxe. 

I think that's definitely the intention long-term. I imagine there will be another major update in the next year with a whole new batch of options.