peeps in london

Emeraldwpn

Not sure if this is the official shit, but apparently some gangsta with a gun shot at a cop and the cop killed him and then the other gangstas in his community started rioting.

Roody-poo's gonna roody-poo I believe is the saying.

Or in this forums vocabulary, (not appropriate)'s gonna (not appropriate).

Not sure if this is the official shit, but apparently some gangsta with a gun shot at a cop and the cop killed him and then the other gangstas in his community started rioting.

Roody-poo's gonna roody-poo I believe is the saying.

Or in this forums vocabulary, (not appropriate)'s gonna (not appropriate).

You have said what I did not have the balls to. +1 to you, sir.

>Since when can you sue somebody for killing another human being? If that's the case, why arn't our soldiers who have killed anybody in debt up past their heads?

Just sew your fucking mouth shut so no monstrosities can ever spew from it again and break your fingers to a point that they won't heal, so your horrendous thoughts on life can never spread amongst the rest of humanity. This is top of the line grade A bullshit of an example for some type of reasoning on why a person may or may not be sued for taking another's life.

Hahahaha. You just became of my favorite people on these boards.

This thread has given me a headache. I now hate Jade (for at least 15 minutes) for having shown it to me.

I'm giving him +5 love just for the comment from emerald.

t0wF1.gif

For the record, you most certainly can sue for wrongful death. However, whether your situation would constitute a wrongful death claim would require more information and an analysis that I'm disinclined to conduct for such a silly hypothetical.

t0wF1.gif

For the record, you most certainly can sue for wrongful death. However, whether your situation would constitute a wrongful death claim would require more information and an analysis that I'm disinclined to conduct for such a silly hypothetical.

I know for sure that you can sue someone for attempted murder, or anything like that, including assault and battery (such as having to pay for the victims' medical bills). But for actual murder? I cannot recall a time in my life I have ever heard of sueing somebody for murder! I've usually always associated the consequences of murder to be a jail sentence.

Although, can't restitution be payed to the family of the dead victim, in case of a murder? In cases such as where someone obtains injury in a drunk driving accident, and the collision is the fault of, let's say, a drunk driver, I know that the victim can sue for restitution. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did see a video on the above sentence in practical law class a long time ago.

t0wF1.gif

I know for sure that you can sue someone for attempted murder, or anything like that, including assault and battery (such as having to pay for the victims' medical bills). But for actual murder? I cannot recall a time in my life I have ever heard of sueing somebody for murder! I've usually always associated the consequences of murder to be a jail sentence.

Although, can't restitution be payed to the family of the dead victim, in case of a murder? In cases such as where someone obtains injury in a drunk driving accident, and the collision is the fault of, let's say, a drunk driver, I know that the victim can sue for restitution. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did see a video on the above sentence in practical law class a long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_murder_case#Civil_Trial

If you've managed to say something that pisses Keith off you are objectively an asshole and should get the fuck out.

That was in the OJ Simpson case. Are there any reports of someone being sued over a murder, besides this?

Probably more common than you might think.

That was in the OJ Simpson case. Are there any reports of someone being sued over a murder, besides this?

All you need is one case of legal precedence and you can sue for whatever the hell you want.

Look, I get that you like the attention, but seriously man, this isn't the way to go about it. Instead of stating things as fact that you are unfamiliar with, at least google the damn thing before you post. It's better to get attention by being knowledgeable than by being ignorant (in your case, it seems, of nearly everything).

If you've managed to say something that pisses Keith off you are objectively an asshole and should get the fuck out.

I'm in agreeance.

All you need is one case of legal precedence and you can sue for whatever the hell you want.

Look, I get that you like the attention, but seriously man, this isn't the way to go about it. Instead of stating things as fact that you are unfamiliar with, at least google the damn thing before you post. It's better to get attention by being knowledgeable than by being ignorant (in your case, it seems, of nearly everything).

But what OJ was sued for then wasn't saying that he DIRECTLY murdered the people.

The OJ case didn't even set the precedent. It's a basic premise of tort law. Older than the French Civil Code. Older than English Common Law. Older than the Jus Civil.

Seriously thousands of years old :sly:

Doc, I'd be wary of assuming that, just because you haven't heard of a particular kind of case, that it doesn't exist. If the New York Times were a reliable source of legal information, attorneys wouldn't make as much money as they do.

But what OJ was sued for then wasn't saying that he DIRECTLY murdered the people.

Wait, what?

The OJ case didn't even set the precedent. It's a basic premise of tort law. Older than the French Civil Code. Older than English Common Law. Older than the Jus Civil.

Seriously thousands of years old :sly:

Doc, I'd be wary of assuming that, just because you haven't heard of a particular kind of case, that it doesn't exist. If the New York Times were a reliable source of legal information, attorneys wouldn't make as much money as they do.

To be honest Joshjrn, I doubt I know the first thing about law. I know only what I've been taught - in school - but outside of the school system, it hasn't sparked a single bit of my interest, so I don't care to learn anymore.

You have much more experience with this Joshjrn, could you just tell us if you can be sued or have to pay restitution for the murder of a person if they break into your home and attempt to steal something?