Tattoo Ideas

Lemurs

Just got news that my parents are actually gonna let me get a tattoo (Only condition is that I pay for it.) and I need some ideas. I was thinking more towards meaningful quotes over images. Anything is appreciated. :)

(Was thinking "Lifes too short to regret" makes for a pretty nice quote.)

whether or not you agree with me here is my .02.

Get a tattoo that you like and want, maybe draw it out or write it out on you to see how it is.
If you want a quote make sure you are not going to hate it in a year etc.

Maybe get it done in Henna so you can have a temp one for 10 days and see how you like it.

That said there is a lot of cool and unique ideas, GO to a tattoo artist give them some of your ideas

and ask them to create something along what you were thinking and boom. New tattoo !

remember quality over price :P  the quality stuff will always costs a bit more $

It ultimately comes down to what you like and something that you won't regret in a few years down the road :).  What wolf said, come up with an idea and present them to your tattoo artist.  Have them draw it out and see if you'll like it.  I'm hoping to get another tattoo sometime in the next few months! Super stoked

39 minutes ago, Wolf said:

whether or not you agree with me here is my .02.

Get a tattoo that you like and want, maybe draw it out or write it out on you to see how it is.
If you want a quote make sure you are not going to hate it in a year etc.

Maybe get it done in Henna so you can have a temp one for 10 days and see how you like it.

That said there is a lot of cool and unique ideas, GO to a tattoo artist give them some of your ideas

and ask them to create something along what you were thinking and boom. New tattoo !

remember quality over price :P  the quality stuff will always costs a bit more $

Don't know of any henna tattoo shops around here, but I'll take your advice on letting the draw it out.

1 hour ago, Spesh Random said:

Don't know of any henna tattoo shops around here, but I'll take your advice on letting the draw it out.

well can get the stencil at the tattoo shop try to not sweat and test it out,

i too plan to get a few more tattoos in my life :P 

Don't let people on the internet help you decide what to permanently put on your body. If you feel the dire need for a tattoo, you should have something that speaks to you and for you. Think of something, draw it out, and then wait a whole year. If after that year you'd still want that on your body, I'd say go for it. The amount of times I thought a certain design would be a good idea and six months later thought it was a horrible idea is pretty overwhelming. 

Most of my friends who do have quotes tattooed on them absolutely regret having them. Personally, and they would agree, a tattoo should be an art piece. You are a canvas for an artist. Don't waste it on words. 

40 minutes ago, Lineskier said:

Don't let people on the internet help you decide what to permanently put on your body. If you feel the dire need for a tattoo, you should have something that speaks to you and for you. Think of something, draw it out, and then wait a whole year. If after that year you'd still want that on your body, I'd say go for it. The amount of times I thought a certain design would be a good idea and six months later thought it was a horrible idea is pretty overwhelming. 

Most of my friends who do have quotes tattooed on them absolutely regret having them. Personally, and they would agree, a tattoo should be an art piece. You are a canvas for an artist. Don't waste it on words. 

Think is I'm really bad at thinking of designs, most things I think of are corny and overused. And for a meaningful quote I would be able to look at it when feeling down and remember how life should be. 

47 minutes ago, Lineskier said:

The amount of times I thought a certain design would be a good idea and six months later thought it was a horrible idea is pretty overwhelming. 

This. And at the risk of sounding condescending, your tastes as a 16-year-old are going to be completely different when you're 30. Would you be embarrassed by the quotes your 12 or 13-year-old self picked? Ramp that feeling up by 100. 

13 minutes ago, Beric said:

This. And at the risk of sounding condescending, your tastes as a 16-year-old are going to be completely different when you're 30. Would you be embarrassed by the quotes your 12 or 13-year-old self picked? Ramp that feeling up by 100. 

This can really be said about any age. Even if you get a tattoo when you're 30, you might hate it a few years later, but I see where you're coming from. I tend to not regret anything in life, because it really shapes you out to be who you really are. Live life to the fullest and don't get caught up on mistakes.

7 minutes ago, Spesh Random said:

This can really be said about any age. Even if you get a tattoo when you're 30, you might hate it a few years later, but I see where you're coming from. 

Completely true. It's just that you do so much growing up and maturing in your teens and early 20s that I don't know if there's much else to compare it to.

I hope you love your tattoo forever, but having been your age I'd certain advise you to wait a few years and think hard about anything you're permanently putting on your body. 

3 minutes ago, Beric said:

Completely true. It's just that you do so much growing up and maturing in your teens and early 20s that I don't know if there's much else to compare it to.

I hope you love your tattoo forever, but having been your age I'd certain advise you to wait a few years and think hard about anything you're permanently putting on your body. 

I've wanted a tattoo for I don't know how many years, I'm putting some serious thought into what I want, I'm not gonna go in and get it on the spot.

Do not rush into this. If i get to do it all over I would get a smallish tattoo first if you plan on getting covered in tats.

Shoulder/chest/arms are for the masterpieces. save those until you know what style you really want. or when you have the money to pay for quality.

Your brain, and particularly your frontal lobe, will not complete development until about the age of 25. Just throwing that out there. 

Also, please have someone check whatever you choose for spelling and grammar.

1 minute ago, Joshjrn said:

Also, please have someone check whatever you choose for spelling and grammar.

4056751.jpg