Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

LiquidSwords

Alright, it's released. See you guys in the outside world.

35 minutes ago, TimTizzle said:

i havent played pokemon since 03' B)

Perfect time to start back again!

Thinking about it. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not even sure it'd be worth it. 

1 minute ago, Beric said:

Thinking about it. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not even sure it'd be worth it. 

all the more reason to get it,

imagine late at night walking in the woods looking for a nidoran

and running into a real life bear :bananaface:

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

Theres pokemon that "spawn" everywhere. Also this made me laugh abit.

AUS police article

Edit: also rip my signature.

Edited by Deathcon4111

I have been enjoying it, it is a nonstop scavenger hunt. I feel a little weird walking around in public using my phone as if it were a compass, but it is a fun way to kill time.

Edited by Justin

Not released in Canada so I grabbed a download of the .apk. I'm already level 7 and have a full inventory of Pokemon (have to release some) - done several evolutions and powered up my guys. I claimed about a dozen gyms in my neighborhood so I had to leave my Pokemon to defend them - hopefully no neighborhood punks steal them from me while I sleep.

The best method I found so far for leveling up and catching a ton of Pokemon (you need a TON to power up and evolve your guys) - have your wife/girlfriend drive slowly around suburban neighborhoods while you sit in the passenger seat capturing everything that pops up. Also grab items from every PokeStop you pass - this is the most important, because you NEED to have incense active at all times. Without incense, this game is absolute shit and a waste of time. Incense allows you to capture Pokemon about 100x faster.

Overall, this game is actually complete shit. But it has potential - as long as they update it. They need to include proper battles, the same style as the original GameBoy games, and force us to battle Pokemon before capturing them. And make leveling/evolving Pokemon tied to battling with them, not capturing a million of the same type of Pokemon. Oh, and of course we need to be able to trade Pokemon. Kind of silly that this is not a feature.

9 hours ago, Beric said:

My pokemon Gym is a Gazebo. ## 

I think this game just put me on some sort of list.

So Kuwait's pretty tiny with no remarkable spots, right? However, an entire area near my cousin's house has like 6 poke stops and 6 gyms all owned by one guy. Oh, and guess what? Nearly all pokestops in kuwait are fucking mosques. So we've been out since 3 am to 6 am, driving around between 6 different mosques, in the wake of recent bombings. We were outside a mosque at a poke stop and a police car stopped us, in our full black mustang, tinted windows, and 3 bearded guys on their phones. He let us go but I'm pretty sure they're keeping their eyes on us. Lvl 6 now and we own that gym section.