Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

I just started this today, in love with it. Saturday is going to be my most active day. Just wish Phoenix cooled down a bit.

2 hours ago, Eisa said:

Also, spoof location = gg win ez pz pokes from home.

How does one do this? 

I *literally* have nothing on my map that's even close to me. I'm so rural the game doesn't even show nearby streets. 

7 hours ago, Beric said:

How does one do this? 

I *literally* have nothing on my map that's even close to me. I'm so rural the game doesn't even show nearby streets. 

Are you on iOS or Android?

If you're on Android, you can download any Fake GPS Location app from the play store, although I recommend getting "Fake GPS Location Pro", it's a paid app you can get for free elsewhere, (msg me for a link). Typically, to spoof your location, your phone needs to have a "Turn Mock Locations On" setting on, that the game detects and won't run with, so you install the spoofer as a system app as to override that setting and use mock locations locations without the actual settings on. Er, you also need to have your phone rooted which is a very ezpz 2 click step thingy.

Message me if you actually plan on doing this and I can guide you through it step by step.

6 hours ago, Dan G said:

So it's a standard Pokemon game where you have to manually walk about rather than use a D-pad?

I wish. That would actually be incredible. But no, this is just another cookie clicker.

You walk around for hours in hopes of stumbling on a Pokemon, then you flick a PokeBall at them (no battling) and capture them. Capture 10 of the same Pokemon and you can evolve one! There doesn't really seem to be any purpose in the game yet, except trying to "catch them all".

Want to capture Pokemon faster? Cash shop. Want to evolve Pokemon faster? Cash shop. Ran out of PokeBalls? Cash shop. Need more inventory space to hold more Pokemon? Cash shop.

LiquidSwords

Yeah I don't like the whole flicking a pokeball thing. 20+ years of Prof. Oak and that old man sleeping in Viridian City stressing that we must weaken the pokemon first, all down the drain for some silly flicking mechanics. Plus it takes away half the fun of catching them imo.

It's a wonderful concept and I'd rather mtx take place here than official games, hopefully they get it figured out.

2 minutes ago, Dan G said:

So how do gyms work if you can't battle?

If you have a Pokemon with a higher "combat power" than the one currently holding the gym, you take it from them just by walking near it and clicking on it.

I was bitching about my gym being a gazebo, but somebody posted on Twitter that theirs was a porta-potty. Perspective man. Perspective. 

4 hours ago, Memphus said:

If you have a Pokemon with a higher "combat power" than the one currently holding the gym, you take it from them just by walking near it and clicking on it.

Wait what? On my game you actually do gang up on the gym person and 'battle' them .-.

5 hours ago, Eisa said:

Wait what? On my game you actually do gang up on the gym person and 'battle' them .-.

Really? On mine, you don't get to pick attacks or use items or anything like in other Pokemon games, it just gives you a predetermined outcome based on your combat power. Unless it's changed since I uninstalled it yesterday? The game is a shit cookie clicker, not worth even coming back to this topic to talk about.

I just started today :D caught a few pokemon, I am going out of town tomorrow so I will see what I can find on my travels