Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

I'm currently level 7 on the game.  Strongest pokemon is currently a cp 370 Fearow.  Yeah I know it's not much but I have only played for about 2 and a half days.  Third pokemon that I ever caught was a Seaking so of course I was pretty stoked about that one.  Also am currently hatching at 10km egg and it's very close to being done (like only around a kilometer away).  Hopefully I get something epic like a Magmar or a Lapras.  Other than that I've just been stocking up on candies to train/evolve my pokemon.  Funny thing is when you're playing you don't think about the walk itself because the game is your main focus.  Pokemon Go diet is real guys!  Can't wait to see where my adventure goes next.

Negative, but thanks for the idea Braesh!  Might have to do that soon!

On a side note...I just shamefully spent 10 dollars on the game so I could get more egg incubators (the grind is real yo) and some lucky eggs for double xp.

I have been to every cemetery in town, and there have been no ghosts, even at night. Also, hospitals do not have Chansey in them, I was disappointed there.

LiquidSwords

Gastly spawned in a grocery store parking lot for me. Quite the opposite of a graveyard but whatever. Don't fancy the idea of going into creepy graveyards at night anyway.

There is a gastly down the street by the old folks home here, saw a haunter at the water park today but didn't catch it :(

On 7/13/2016 at 9:08 PM, Lineskier said:

I found this to be a funny story. 

I downloaded this game to see how it was and decided I wasn't going to be walking around searching for things. I figure I'll just be casual and look periodically if I have the time. 

Anyways. Long story short. I just got back from an 11 hour drive with a 32' long trailer loaded with 30 kayaks. A couple hours of it were in the dark and my trailer lights were totally nonfunctional and I was slightly nervous about other drivers and the fact that I couldn't see the end of my trailer. So I get back to my shop, back it in blindly, and promptly decided to smoke a joint on the back deck. I'm enjoying the night when I see a car pull towards the trailer gate. There is a place nearby that no one can ever find, so I assumed they needed help with directions. Being the friendly midwestern I am, I asked if they needed help with directions and they told me they were playing Pokemon. I asked if there was something good in the area and she said excitedly that there was a Dratini around. I had no clue what that was, but I told them I was going to race them to it and wished them a good night. I wasn't actually going to look for it, but I decided to look while I was in my truck. Turns out, Dratini was in inside my fenced in area and sitting right in front of me. Do Pokemon disappear for others in that spot when someone else takes it? I feel bad. I looked online with no conclusive evidence to know where or not this Pokemon is rare or what. I don't know what to do with it. I'm only level 3.

That's pretty neat. I haven't found a dratini yet. The answer is no. I've gone with my friends and we've all caught the same Pokemon in the same area. The pokemon's combat power might be different though.

Can pretty much confirm higher cp pokemon appear at higher trainer levels (that's not to say you won't get low stuff still, because you will).

Today was insane for me though.  I started my day off with a 312 oddish.  Knew today was gonna be good so kept going.  Sure enough next pokemon I see is a 560 cp scyther!!!  Then I hatched a few eggs.  Nothing too impressive although I did hatch a shellder (kind of rare in my area).  Came across a 454 tauros so got that one too.

Then tonight after work I hit up the local hotspot where I knew there was always good things to be found plus a ton of pokestops.  Sure enough before long I captured not one but TWO vaporeons at 767 and 781.  To top that off, I found a 330cp eevee!  Realized I had enough candy to evolve it and out popped a 933 VAPOREON!!!!!!!  Also caught a wild dragonair too!  Ended the adventuring today by evolving my psyduck into a golduck.

Anyways as of writing this I'm level 12 about 1300xp away from level 13.  Hoping tomorrow brings even better things for me!

2 hours ago, Legendary DJ said:

Can pretty much confirm higher cp pokemon appear at higher trainer levels (that's not to say you won't get low stuff still, because you will).

Today was insane for me though.  I started my day off with a 312 oddish.  Knew today was gonna be good so kept going.  Sure enough next pokemon I see is a 560 cp scyther!!!  Then I hatched a few eggs.  Nothing too impressive although I did hatch a shellder (kind of rare in my area).  Came across a 454 tauros so got that one too.

Then tonight after work I hit up the local hotspot where I knew there was always good things to be found plus a ton of pokestops.  Sure enough before long I captured not one but TWO vaporeons at 767 and 781.  To top that off, I found a 330cp eevee!  Realized I had enough candy to evolve it and out popped a 933 VAPOREON!!!!!!!  Also caught a wild dragonair too!  Ended the adventuring today by evolving my psyduck into a golduck.

Anyways as of writing this I'm level 12 about 1300xp away from level 13.  Hoping tomorrow brings even better things for me!

The fek. I'm level 15 and haven't spotted a vaporeon yet. What area did you find these at .-.?

Real good day for you @Legendary DJ:D

I am off to another city tomorrow so I have already downloaded the map of the city to save a little battery power :P I hope I get some good finds! I got a gloom and magikarp today. Spotted a psyduck but could not find it anywhere :( 

8 hours ago, Legendary DJ said:

If you can make it there, I heard the inner harbor of Baltimore is pretty amazing.

I've yet to play the game myself, but I know a few people who do play. And for those of you that don't have a ton of pokestops or gyms around where you live.. I heard you can submit a request to have pokestops/gyms added onto the map near you. Might be helpful for those of you that would like to play but don't live near anything.

Justin I will be going there eventually.  Maybe sometime before the end of the month.  Today I'm going with two friends up to an independent pro wrestling event in a town called Joppa.  It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I hope to find some rare pokemon that can't normally be found in my area (maybe I'll finally find a fire type).

WTF man. You're in a very good area. Im level 13 at the moment and the rarest thing ive seen pop up was a Snorlax and then the frozen ball thing happened. I have a lot of Pidgeys and Ratatas ready for evolving whenever i feel like popping an Egg. I think i want to stay low level as much as possible to get more low level pokemon (since they're easier to catch) then just skip 2-4 levels in 30 minutes evolving them.

I did see a Onix on the tracker screen with three foot prints at 1 am in the morning. But you know how those tracker things are. The onix was probably 5 miles away.

I've now gotten three Dratinis. They seem to hang out where I work. 

I don't want to spend money on this game but I've run out of Poke Balls a few times and I'm going to be real upset if I find more Dratinis without any...

Im going for a night walk tonight and see if there are any difference. From the last few times there weren't any. Other than seeing a poliwhirl.