How to properly DPS

Ms Seele

Pearl has wondered how do I manage to do a lot of damage in short amounts of time, so I've chosen to help by explaining him and all clannies that are interested on improving their performance on bosses like ROTS/Raids how this system works.

First, there are a few kind of DPS:

- Long term: Damage over time abilities, they represent your bleeds.

- Burst: Fast damage abilities, which have some kind of recoil. (Tendrils of all styles, onslaught)  

- Single target: Generally pack a punch for a single target. They can become AOE in the case of Ranged if using Chinchompas + Ascension Crossbows technique. (Snipe/Fragmentation shot for example.)

- Multi target: Area of effect abilities, hit many enemies at same time. Should be preferred at ROTS/BM/Yaka. (Chain, Dragon Breath...)

These are the bars I use:

Rise Of The Six:

apcojn.png

What order do I use on them?

Mage (On Blood Barrage, works with either Overloads + Scrimshaw/God book or Supreme pots + Blood Essence):

Autoattack: Corruption blast> Dragon breath > Combust > Sonic Wave > Wild Magic > Chain > Sonic Wave > Dragon Breath > Sacrifice > Sonic wave > Chain > Dragon Breath > Onslaught/Metamorphosis

Melee (Berserk Essence):

Autoattack > Cleave > Sever > Dismember > Hurricane > Cleave > Smash > Quake > Smash > Cleave > Slaughter > Dismember > Server > Blood Tendrils > Cleave > Smash > Hurricane/Assault.

Ranged (With Overloads + Scrimshaw/God book or Supreme pots + Blood Essence):

Autoattack > Corruption Shot > Fragmentation Shot > Snipe > Snapshot > Needle Strike/Dazing Shot > Ricochet > Sacrifice > Needle Strike/Dazing Shot > Corruption Shot > Fragmentation Shot > Needle Strike/Dazing Shot > Snipe > Onslaught

Ranged with Ascension crossbows + Mechanised Chinchompas:

Auto attack > Corruption Shot > Fragmentation Shot > Snipe > Rapid Fire > Needle Strike > Ricochet > Bombardment > Corruption Shot > Fragmentation Shot > Snapshot > Needle strike > Snipe > Ricochet > Rapid Fire

Abilities affected and that become Area Of Effect by the use of Chinchompas:

- Fragmentation shot

- Snipe

- Rapid fire

- Deadshot

- Onslaught

You MUST be using Ascension mainhand for the other abilities

Raids:

5nukxh.png

The order for Raids abilities is almost the same as for ROTS, but try to use your bleeds when there's no effects of them on the boss already, or the damage will be wasted.

Tips:

- If you and your partner have the same style at ROTS, consider alternating bleeds (He does corruption blast while you combust, then he does combust after three abilities and you do corruption blast, etcetera)

- Try to use Full Manual over Revolution mode for bossing. The DPS output can be high if done right on revolution, but manual lets you have a better control over the use of abilities.

- Learn to time Onslaught/Estimate bosses max hit/How to use Tendrils without dying. This comes from practice

- Don't use asphyxiate or any stuns of other kind during Yakamaru's stun pool phase

- Use devotion whenever's possible, then after the effect is done, don't forget to also use debilitate on the boss

- Don't over eat, try to learn how to preserve food. Use more Soul Split/Excalibur to heal

- Bleeds are your friends, use them as much as you along with area of effect abilities

- Try to not use or keep at minimal the abilities like Piercing Shot/Impact/Tight bindings/Smoke tendrils/Slice/Punish/Kick. You don't need them. The excuse of "my bar gets stuck" is not valid if you know how to rotate your action abilities properly. At BM it can be useful Stun + P Shot/ Wrack on pets or Airuts, but nothing else really

- Don't die. Sounds foolish, but it's the main reason why on long term teams might struggle. If someone dies, it's a massive loss of DPS, and it will make EVERYTHING a lot harder. Your survival skill with improve with more experience, and so will your DPS.

- Invest in better food. Using Sharks for PvM with the idea of getting alive with it is a thought of a false economy, and most of the time it won't work for ROTS/Yaka efficiently. Use Rocktails + Brews if possible and with discretion. Using worse food guarantees worse exchange of HP per adrenaline %'s

- Using Scrimshaws/Charged God books/Dreadnips/Accuracy auras/Berserk essences and Berserk/Reckless/Maniacal auras will considerably boost your DPS

- Consider getting the best perks for the styles you PvM the most with (Use a youtube invention guide to find best perks for every situation.)

Hope this helps you guys :)

Edited by Jaup
  • Beric pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Jaup said:

- Don't use asphyxiate or any stuns of other kind during Yakamaru's stun pool phase

- Try to not use or keep at minimal the abilities like Piercing Shot/Impact/Tight bindings/Smoke tendrils/Slice/Punish/Kick. You don't need them. The excuse of "my bar gets stuck" is not valid if you know how to rotate your action abilities properly. At BM it can be useful Stun + P Shot/ Wrack on pets or Airuts, but nothing else really

1. I disagree with the first statement, asphyxiate is a beautiful ability at Yakamaru

2. GET A SECONDARY BAR! 6 of your 12 ability slots are not style-specific and can be put on a secondary bar. I would wager 20mil that you play with at least 1 ability interface up, so that you can click any abilities on your bar. 

Other than that (Y) Good job

8 hours ago, Drake M said:

2. GET A SECONDARY BAR! 6 of your 12 ability slots are not style-specific and can be put on a secondary bar.

This. Food/defensives/surge/etc are on all of your bars and could easily be assigned to a secondary bar to make room for other style specific abilities on your bars.

Neat guide nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Beric unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...