[SPOILERS] Sliske's Endgame discussion

Memphus

Use this thread to discuss the quest, especially the lore in it, without having to worry about hiding spoilers.

I got fucking rekt right from the start:
D8Wn6nw.png

My Sliskean colours were showing.

xckDcGS.png

How to cheat at the labyrinth: plug your laptop into a 4K TV to get dat sick resolution, then stretch out your minimap to make it HUGE. You will be able to see the entire maze.

found this on reddit, it works as well,

The goal is to go from the bottom left to the top right cell of each maze. The maze can be viewed as each little path, but better is that each cell as entrances and exits. The size of a cell is that of the first room where you are brought into the maze.

This image does not show a path, but it shows you which directions you can go. Each maze is 16x16 cells, simply follow through the cells to each of the puzzle and cutscene rooms.

Orange lines connect rooms which are rotated by completing puzzle rooms. Puzzle rooms have a small red line in the middle of it with 4 black dots, while cutscene rooms are the ones without the 4 black dots with the small red line in the middle. Rooms which look similar but do not have small red lines are still puzzles and cutscenes, however I never went to them.

23bpw08.jpg

WOW SLISKE'S DIALOGUE IS SO HARSH IF YOU ARE ALIGNED TO HIM AND LOVE HIM

he basically told me to fuck off he hates me. And then the game forced me to fight him. BUT I WANT TO BECOME A WIGHT!!!!

7 hours ago, Beric said:

I haven't even started this quest yet, but the previous two posts have me terrified. 

Don't plan on doing it anytime soon, and I'm already scared for my sanity...

4 hours ago, Memphus said:

I can't get past the 2nd wave of the boss fight (Nomad/Greg/Linza) Uggghhhh so hard for a scrub like me

I don't know if this is the best advice, or if my reasoning is even sound, but I took out Nomad first because I felt like he died the fastest and also did a significant amount of damage. Then I killed Greg, followed by Linza. If you're using a scythe, be careful that you're not wacking both Linza and someone else while Linza is reflecting, or it'll hurt. Maybe you've made it past this part by now, but that's how I did it.

I spent about 1 and a half to 2 hours on the first level of the maze without a guide. Then I went to my dentist appointment, and when I got back there was a map up on Reddit that I used for the second level of teh maze. That only took about 30 minutes while I ate lunch. It's also significantly easier once you actually figure out what you're looking for.

Took me 3 1/2 hours first runthrough, 82 minutes second runthrough using the pictures from Reddit for the maze. The fight, the first time the game lagged out and didn't render anything, I actually survived for about 2 minutes and it didn't do any damage to me but then it quickly lagged out again for 6 minutes so I closed my client and logged in at Death's office. Got it first real try on both runthroughs, doing Greg > Nomad > Linza, though Nomad did seem to be doing the most damage. Both times I ate through all my food in inventory through the fights, but you hardly need any food for the Sliske fight if you're running around. For the Sliske fight, first you kill the power source, then click on the teleport orb, then click on the stone, then the last section you have infinite adrenaline so you just use Onslaught.

I am so goddamn salty. I think (?) I'm nearly done with the maze, but I've accidentally skipped through half the fucking cutscenes. I can't find any way to make them trigger again...

12 hours ago, Cam I Am said:

I don't know if this is the best advice, or if my reasoning is even sound, but I took out Nomad first because I felt like he died the fastest and also did a significant amount of damage. Then I killed Greg, followed by Linza. If you're using a scythe, be careful that you're not wacking both Linza and someone else while Linza is reflecting, or it'll hurt. Maybe you've made it past this part by now, but that's how I did it.

I spent about 1 and a half to 2 hours on the first level of the maze without a guide. Then I went to my dentist appointment, and when I got back there was a map up on Reddit that I used for the second level of teh maze. That only took about 30 minutes while I ate lunch. It's also significantly easier once you actually figure out what you're looking for.

Tried it again.... not even close. Tried doing Nomad -> Greg -> Linza. By the time I got through Nomad, I had chewed through most of my food (full invy + yak of rocktails). I only got Greg down about 1/3rd of his HP before I had to quit. What style and prayer should I be using? I was doing melee with deflect range/mage, very uncertain.

16 minutes ago, Memphus said:

Tried it again.... not even close. Tried doing Nomad -> Greg -> Linza. By the time I got through Nomad, I had chewed through most of my food (full invy + yak of rocktails). I only got Greg down about 1/3rd of his HP before I had to quit. What style and prayer should I be using? I was doing melee with deflect range/mage, very uncertain.

I was using melee and praying mage/ranged. I was also using augmented tier 90 gear. 

Linza takes a knee to heal herself if she takes a big enough hit, so I found using hurricane was a good means of keeping her down, and focusing on greg first, and then nomad afterwards. Nomad will leave you alone and fight the others if you don't go near him.

I'd always do linza last regardless.

Deflect mage afterwards, make sure you're using lots of thresholds, and don't eat food unless you need to heal a lot. When you're eating, you lose adrenaline. If you see yourself between 50 and 60%, use assault etc first, and THEN eat rather than vice versa. Or just drink saradomin brews so you don't lose adrenaline at all. 

Woohoo got through it using magic and deflect range the whole time (switched to deflect melee on Linza).

Full gano + chaotic staff lol, using blood barrage. Value gear!