Making B.A.N.K. Standers for profit

Veggie

Breaking things down for Invention, or breaking things down to make Equipment Siphons, can result in a large supply of junk. There is a use for junk, and it is to make Junk Refiners, which turn junk into refined components, which make B.A.N.K. Standers. These B.A.N.K. Standers get used while sitting at a bank, so you can use them while breaking down even more items, assuming you have them in your inventory or equipped. This time spent bank standing is effectively lossless as it won't impede your ability to be sitting at the bank disassembling. However, the B.A.N.K. Standers take a very long process to make, which got me curious about whether they are even worth making.

B.A.N.K. Standers give 5 sets of 25 common components (excluding crystal), 4 sets of 1 uncommon component (excluding refined), and there is a 1% chance that you will get 1 rare component. These components have an even distribution. That means it takes 0.168 B.A.N.K. Standers per specific common component, 5.25 per specific uncommon component, and 3100 per specific rare component. If you're looking to use B.A.N.K. Standers to get rare components such as noxious, you're in for years of a journey. If you're using B.A.N.K. Standers to get uncommon components, you'll get a decent amount of the harder-to-get uncommon components such as precious, ethereal, and imbued, but for most other uncommon components you're not getting anything spectacular at 20.38 of each uncommon component per hour of creating B.A.N.K. Standers.

However, I'm not here to talk about using B.A.N.K. Standers to save time or money on getting components. I'm here to talk about turning components from B.A.N.K. Standers into cold-hard-cash. Mechanized chinchompas, equipment siphons, divine charges, augmentation dissolvers, and accumulators (woodcutting, mining, or fishing) are tradable products which can be made on an Invention table, and they are very worth your time to make and sell, if you have the components to make them. And according to the numbers I just plugged into the spreadsheet, making B.A.N.K. Standers is 3539k profit/hr overall, which is higher than making Equipment Siphons, which means it is worth it to stop disassembling for Equipment Siphons and make the B.A.N.K. Standers.

Things to note, you can edit all cyan cells. If you set one of the products to 0 (such as the accumulators or augmentation dissolver, which you may find difficult to sell), it will not include that item in the calculations. The exception is equipment siphons, the spreadsheet does not know how to handle when equipment siphons are set to 0, and the information you get will be wrong (specifically, it will underestimate the total profit/hr) - I'm not going to fix this, because it would be stupid to choose to not make equipment siphons when they're a better use of simple parts than divine charges and they're the most profitable product to spend time making. Conversely, if you set divine charges to 0, you'll have some simple parts leftover - it's difficult to calculate an exact value on these, so it simply lists how many you'll have leftover. Another thing to note, and it's stated in the spreadsheet, only the most profitable accumulator will be used in the calculation, since they share components that are used. I have also sneakily assumed that you already have living components for making mechanized chinchompas, which you get a large amount of from disassembling logs. Also assume that you have crafting components to make junk refiners, which you get a large amount of from disassembling gold bars as well as from the B.A.N.K. Standers themselves.

The green cell, H2, is where you get the total profit/hr for the entire process of making B.A.N.K. Standers and making every eligible product.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TaSd1Rrc-HAfxlQauWUSXMkn0hA78Q66rndJ4aofIOg/edit?usp=sharing

28 minutes ago, Veggie said:

And according to the numbers I just plugged into the spreadsheet, making B.A.N.K. Standers is 3539k profit/hr overall

Hot damn. I used to always have bank standers on me while disassembling shit, but I've gotten lazy. That ends today. :reporter: