Learning Full Manual

Afternine

I've said this time after time, I am terrible. I do all of my combat, including PvM with revolution. This video showed up on my recommended list last night, and I thought I would share it with you all.

Before I post the video, thanks to @AmusedDragon, I didn't realize the camera could be moved around by pressing in the mouse scroll button, and that plays a big role here, since wasd will be used for other keybinds.

camera can also be moved with < > ^ V arrow keys, but the mouse option is very popular as well.

Honestly, revo + ability queuing is just as good 99% of the time and it's a much easier transition for learning.

Good luck to everyone entering the full manual master race though

24 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

Honestly, revo + ability queuing is just as good 99% of the time

Yeah. Just have revolution on and manually select abilities. This way it's essentially full manual but you get a bit of downtime if you so choose.

1 hour ago, Deathcon4111 said:

ufukinw0tm8

I literally don't understand how you can even play this game without using the scroll wheel to move the camera around...

20 minutes ago, Arrow Ranger said:

am I the only clicker?

I click on like 75% of the abilities I use. I only have a few key ones mapped to keys. Stuff like freedom, surge, anticipate, and food.

2 hours ago, Arrow Ranger said:

am I the only clicker?

I click on abilities when I'm fighting something easy, so that I have my left hand free for eating or whatever.

As for the actual thread, I don't think there's much value in using full manual. You can do everything with revolution turned on as you can with it off. I guess people are obsessive about having full control but you can have full control in revolution, it's pretty easy to override.

Optimizing your ability usage and understanding the game is huge. Turning off revolution is not.

I feel like the downside of having revolution on is that you may have less control, or be less aware of which abilities you need to keep off cool down for certain parts of pvm, either through neglect, or just being lazy. I guess those are one in the same.

1 hour ago, Afternine said:

I feel like the downside of having revolution on is that you may have less control, or be less aware of which abilities you need to keep off cool down for certain parts of pvm, either through neglect, or just being lazy. I guess those are one in the same.

The downside is that if you're not paying enough attention then revolution might use an ability you wanted to save for later. The upside is that if you have revo on but aren't paying enough attention, the game will still use your basics for you.

I like it on because i don't do too much heavy combat so walking afk with a wireless mouse lets me control what im doing with the middle button and clicking on abilities/enemies etc from across the room while im doing something else is convenient. really wish i could make it use thresholds tho.

I will admit one of the downsides of it during slayer tasks is situations like the tuska ability. It will only ever come off of its cool down when your current monster has 300 hp or less. 

I still mostly click, but I'm trying to start transitioning to keybinds... need to get around to making a better setup though.  I think it's still at default.  Revolution + manually triggering thresholds and ultimates here.

5 minutes ago, Rafi said:

I think it's still at default.

O god no. 

People can send you their action bars in game, btw. 

5 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I literally don't understand how you can even play this game without using the scroll wheel to move the camera around...

I use arrow keys... Castrate me now. It just feels more natural.. I've been doing it since I started playing 6 years ago... I also click abilities because I'm lazy and inefficient when it comes to good DPS :D 

1 hour ago, iSpesh said:

I use arrow keys... Castrate me now. It just feels more natural.. I've been doing it since I started playing 6 years ago... I also click abilities because I'm lazy and inefficient when it comes to good DPS :D 

Same.  That and I'm still using a mouse I got in 2006.... and the scroll wheel stopped working in 2008.  Oops.