What Are You Currently Watching?

Flavoring

I watched a few episodes of Black Mirror with my family while I was on vacation and I'm still trying to decide if that's something I can actually watch on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

I watched a few episodes of Black Mirror with my family while I was on vacation and I'm still trying to decide if that's something I can actually watch on a regular basis.

Too real for you?

4 hours ago, Urbeane said:

Just binge watched Humans Season 1 and 2 on Amazon prime. So good

I've watched the original Swedish version of this show. It's called Äkta Människor/Real Humans . It was pretty good. I only saw a couple of the remake episodes but never went back. Lol.

3 hours ago, Cam L said:

There are a lot of good episodes with a lot of not so good episodes. The first two seasons (before it became a netflix thing) contain some of the better ones imo.

I've been slowly making my way through Spartacus but I just don't even know if it's grabbed my attention in the 'third' season (first season after the prequel season).

The lead change and the major story change from what it started out as is pretty jarring. And damn do they get mighty lucky surviving everything they go through.

It's a lot like how I felt about Homeland after season 3 was over. Zero desire to continue on. The story felt concluded. (meanwhile homeland has like 8 seasons now or something)

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I've been slowly making my way through Spartacus but I just don't even know if it's grabbed my attention in the 'third' season (first season after the prequel season).

The lead change and the major story change from what it started out as is pretty jarring. And damn do they get mighty lucky surviving everything they go through.

It's a lot like how I felt about Homeland after season 3 was over. Zero desire to continue on. The story felt concluded. (meanwhile homeland has like 8 seasons now or something)

I couldn't even get into the "second" season. I know Andy Whitfield literally had to leave, but I disliked the show after that. Loved the first season, though.

Just finished Merlin. (Y2)

I'm currently rewatching Frasier and just started The Shannara Chronicles.

14 hours ago, Torvir said:

I couldn't even get into the "second" season. I know Andy Whitfield literally had to leave, but I disliked the show after that. Loved the first season, though.

I thought the prequel season was really well done. I do miss Andy quite a bit. R.I.P.

14 hours ago, Torvir said:

and just started The Shannara Chronicles.

You should be aware that they have canceled this show. Season 2 had an ending that you could call 'complete' and satisfactory I suppose. I thought the show overall had some terrible CW-tier drama and writing but I loved Manu Bennett and the costumes/set designs too much to stop watching. Also there were some pretty cute chicks. >_>

12 hours ago, Glock said:

Dragonball Super :D

12 hours ago, Beric said:

@James Look, a friend for you!

Hey I watch this terrible show too. I cannot stand the old lady goku voice but I've powered through and am caught up with the current arc.

3 hours ago, Brimes said:

Comedians in cars getting coffee. Seinfeld. <3 

I have not checked out this show in awhile. I didn't even know til a week ago that it got moved to netflix from crackle. Dang.

Watching a few anime while waiting for Ep's to release.

• Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Record of the Grancrest War
  • Overlord Season 2
  • Waiting till the 27th for Fate/Extra: Last Encore
1 hour ago, Bryce said:

I've seen this exact bit of 'showing that news affiliates all do the same stories' on multiple other comedy shows, dang.

I like Conan, but the only time I ever watch him is when he does remote segments/episodes. He's just way funnier when he pretends to be Anthony Bourdain and go places.

His episodes where he goes to South Korea and Cuba are two great adventures.

7 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I thought the show overall had some terrible CW-tier drama and writing but I loved Manu Bennett and the costumes/set designs too much to stop watching.

"CW-tier" :rotflmao: That is...strikingly accurate. This show has a feel that I'm not normally into, but as you indicated, I chose it for the Manu.

I rewatched all of Babylon 5  in a week.. Still a great sci-fi show, if you can get past like episode 3-4 because it picks up. Would highly recommend, its a bit old so there's weird costuming and all the fun shit... @AmusedDragon it's finished toooooo all tied up and pretty ;D

Also bummed shanara chronicles was cancelled.. I agree, had a girl crush on Eritrea however you spell that haha. And the show was different to my usuals.

Edited by Lena
  • 3 weeks later...

I watch anything. I kind of just bounce around between anime and real tv shows. I actually just watched lost and finished it never gave it a chance in the past and it was awesome it really was. Ignore the talk watch it. Its worth it. Sense 8 was good if your not

to judgmental on certain things about day to day differences with straight, bisexual and all that stuff, it is an interesting watch. Watching Blood Orphans Gundam wing its really good. Its an anime. First season of black mirror was like all bad endings almost. Second season a little more hey that's not such bad

ending scenarios.