WHAT IS YOUR SETUP ?

Melefordays

35 minutes ago, Cam L said:

Early last year, my laptop died on me, so I built a PC for the first time in my life. I then realized that I needed a bigger desk than the one I had at the time to fit said PC and multiple monitors. Then, of course, I came to the conclusion that I may as well get some big ones (32") to make full use of the space available to me with the new desk. And since the government thought it was a good idea to just pile stimulus money upon someone who never lost their job due to the pandemic, I bought some speakers, a new headset, and a gamer mousepad too. So, everything in these pictures with the exception of the keyboard, mouse, and chair is new within the last year, although the chair is a piece of shit and I intend to replace that soon, too. I took the blanket off an airplane last year & it keeps me cozy in the winter :) 

0eQ8M6z.jpg

4ZTAzpE.jpg

And in case anyone's curious, Dack gave me the camel. Also, my desktop background is a picture taken (by someone who actually knew what they were doing) when I was scuba diving in Australia with my family last February :) 

yo those monitors r sick im gonna hav to cop

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

0eQ8M6z.jpg

Beautiful monitor setup! I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone with the curvy monitors outside of the LAN PC gaming setup at Pax East. 

13 hours ago, Rafi said:

Whoa. Over 150 years old! Still watertight?

Not sure, I never tried, I don't see any visible rust that would make me think otherwise, and the cork is still in good shape.

11 hours ago, Montee1 said:

What did you study at Johns Hopkins?

Just did a double quote since I didn't see it, but I got my masters in education there.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:57 AM, Hess said:

Just did a double quote since I didn't see it, but I got my masters in education there.

That’s awesome, congrats!

Having to bring my work setup home and working from home for the last 13 months have made my setup an atrocious mess.

d7f6ec0c87b67026f4f0bc2109c4267c.jpg

@Mike 1 look at that work station!  I bet you get a lot done, for sure.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:06 PM, Dack said:

EWFWod2U0AE3M4e.jpg

And this right here displays rudimentary aesthetics and values at its absolute finest. I absolutely <3 and appreciated this! 

1 hour ago, thegreatwha said:

@Mike 1 look at that work station!  I bet you get a lot done, for sure.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not!  Hahahaha.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no :P 

Really need to improve the cable management.

Brand: Lenovo Legion
Case: Laptop
Model#: Y530 (Bought it in 2018 on black friday for $500 was I think $1200 retail at the time. Currently I think it's at $900 retail.)     [I went to the store to buy a Razer but the sales associate there told me about Legion's full potential.]
CPU: Intel i7-8750H @2.20Ghz
Standard GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Gaming GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x16GB DDR4 @3200MHz     [Upgraded from a single 8GB]
Internal HD: Crucial 2TB SSD @3400MB/s Read and 3000MB/s Write     [Upgraded from a 1TB HD @5400RPM]
External HD: Seagate Backup+ 8TB USB 3.0 Type-C @5400RPM with 256MB Buffer     [I use this to store games I'm currently not playing and move them to the SSD when I do play them frequently]
--Has 2 additional USB 3.0 Ports on the front
Laptop Monitor: 15in
--Resolution: 1920x1080
--Scaling: 125%

External Monitors: Samsung Q80T 65inch QLED 4K UHD TV     [I usually close the Laptop Lid and use this to play games]

Power Strip: TROND Wall Mountable 7 Widely Spaced Outlets Expansion with 3 USB Ports Surge Protector Strip with 5ft of Power Cord (I use this to turn off the USB Hub and My External HDD otherwise the external enters standby mode which has a constant cooling fan sound)     [Amazon Purchase]     [I have since swapped out all my surge protectors for Wall Mount TROND Surge protectors and prefer it over store bought]
USB Hub: Wall mountable 7-Port Powered USB 3.0 Hub with 12v/3A AC Adapter Type A     [Amazon Purchase]
Keyboard: Rii color change 3-LED backlighting mechanical keyboard (I like the oldschool feel of a mechanical keyboard)     [Amazon Purchase]
Mouse: Rii 5 button with mouse wheel and color changing backlighting     [Amazon Purchase]
Game Controller: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (I have the USB Dongle always on my USB Hub)     [I have had this thing from two laptops and a desktop ago]
Headset: Beats by Dre Studio 3 edition with bluetooth and mic input support cord option     [Originally bought this for the noise cancellation feature when I used to fly across country to cancel out the airplane's jet engines.]    [I usually use my headset at night time if it's charged. Only takes like an hour to fully charge for 40 hours of use.]
Laptop Cooling Pad: Chill Mat 5 Quiet Fans with Blue LED Lights, 2 USB Ports, 4 Adjustable Heights, and Fan Control Speed Function     [Amazon Purchase]

Sound System (Is a bit complicated)

-External Sound Card/Amplifier: EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC and EQ     [The audio channel is using a splitter]

-1st Speaker Channel: Rockville 1000w 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with Bluetooth connection     [Amazon Purchase]

-2nd Speaker Channel: 2x PRORECK PA DJ 2000W [400WRMS] 18" Subwoofers in Cabinets with built-in Class D Amplifier, built-in left and right channel 100Hz-20KHz hi-pass filter, built-in 40Hz-160Hz electronic crossover - placed at each back corner of the room.     [Amazon Purchase]     [Every time I hear an explosion in a game I can feel it]

Computer Desk: Techni Mobili Computer Desk with Ample Storage.     [Amazon Purchase]
Computer Chair: SOUTHERN WOLF Racing Style Gaming Chair with Bluetooth Speakers, Adjustable Armrest, Adjustable Lumbar Massage Pillow.     [Amazon Purchase]

The Weakest Thing: I play games on a 4g connection from my cell phone's data plan because I live where there is no unlimited high speed data plans.

Edited by lycianzer