Suicide Awareness

xTahjHD

So as part of becoming a Marine, I've had to do classes on Suicide Prevention. So I just wanted to say, nothing is ever that bad and that there is ALWAYS someone to talk to. Nothing should ever be so bad that you wanna take you own life. You always have someone to talk to. It's just a matter of doing it and getting yourself out of those thoughts. Like my instructors told me, 1 Marine is too many. 1 person is too many. Look out for the signs of suicide. If you notice someone has been depressed or has changed a major routine of theirs, talk to them. You could save a life.

I understand where you're coming from, and that you have good intentions. I just hate it when people say something is never deep, dark and bad enough to take your own life. Some people learn to manage, some people overcome, and some people just aren't equipped or are sick of barely staying afloat. I've been seeing a psychiatrist and therapist, and on medication, before I even hit the double digits for my age. It gets old; it gets tiring. I'll stop here though, because I don't want to turn this into a rant or a "poor me" post. But thank you for making a post to bring more awareness to it.

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

nice mate enjoy the marines :)

also nice 

tenor.gif

On a serious note, having lived with two family members suffering depression and one with bipolar as well I know all to well about the attempts and thoughts of suicide they have. Just being there, offering an ear for them helps. It can take time and patience but eventually they'll come around and get out of their darkest place to a more even scale, it's always there but learning their trigger points and the right lifestyle for them is key. 

36 minutes ago, Brimes said:

tenor.gif

On a serious note, having lived with two family members suffering depression and one with bipolar as well I know all to well about the attempts and thoughts of suicide they have. Just being there, offering an ear for them helps. It can take time and patience but eventually they'll come around and get out of their darkest place to a more even scale, it's always there but learning their trigger points and the right lifestyle for them is key. 

that's awkward I didn't finish my comment to drunk :reporter: 

still drunk ish aha :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...