Do we have any car guys here?

xTahjHD

Not looking for "AMERICAN CARS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR JAPANESE RICE BURNERS"
I mean like serious car guys. I'm thinking of picking up an EVO soon and i honestly can't wait to get under the hood

Australian cars are better then everything else. :reporter:  

I lend a hand in my dads garage, we just service vehicles and also sell used cars. Slightly modified my own car but nothing major, just the usual rims, lower suspension, exhaust system, new air flow system and also minor engine mods.

I've always loved the Japanese tuner cars like skylines, supras and the older EVOs. HSV's (may have to google it :lol:) are my true car love though. 

Oddly enough, most Japanese cars in America are made in America. Most American cars are made in Mexico or Canada. 

Somebody tried giving me a hard time for buying a Toyota. "You're not supporting American jobs!" 

We proceeded to look at the door tags and discovered his Chevy was made in Mexico and my Toyota was made in Kentucky. It's pretty typical of Mitsubishi and Subaru too. 

8 minutes ago, Brimes said:

Australian cars are better then everything else. :reporter:  

I lend a hand in my dads garage, we just service vehicles and also sell used cars. Slightly modified my own car but nothing major, just the usual rims, lower suspension, exhaust system, new air flow system and also minor engine mods.

I've always loved the Japanese tuner cars like skylines, supras and the older EVOs. HSV's (may have to google it :lol:) are my true car love though. 

Shame that Australian cars are soon on their way out :( even Australian Toyota closing shop but i agree HSV's all the way 

Well I like trucks lol so does that count

it's almost a car but it can carry a lot more shit :lol:

not that really matters

I guess you tie a few roof totes to a car and bam you got a pickup :P

11 hours ago, James said:

Oddly enough, most Japanese cars in America are made in America. Most American cars are made in Mexico or Canada. 

Somebody tried giving me a hard time for buying a Toyota. "You're not supporting American jobs!" 

We proceeded to look at the door tags and discovered his Chevy was made in Mexico and my Toyota was made in Kentucky. It's pretty typical of Mitsubishi and Subaru too. 

Globalism, so misunderstood! :lol:

12 hours ago, Tortured said:

Shame that Australian cars are soon on their way out :( even Australian Toyota closing shop but i agree HSV's all the way 

Have you seen the cars they're bringing in to replace Holden as well? :wacko:

4 cylinder commodores. smh 

On 7/30/2017 at 4:50 PM, Brimes said:

4 cylinder commodores. smh 

Yeah thats one of the worst bits although i see see a v6 one but thats considered top of the line :|

I have a truck and a jeep. Both 4x4. So more into the 4 wheel drive side of things.

Edited by aPrayer
On 7/30/2017 at 5:50 AM, Brimes said:

When I was in Aus I hired a SSV Redline 6.2L V8 to go down to Philip Island in from Melbourne CBD. That was quite something. This is it:

IMG_0692.JPG

I drive a BMW F32 428i day-to-day but there's no way I'm taking the engine cover off.

1 hour ago, Dan G said:

When I was in Aus I hired a SSV Redline 6.2L V8 to go down to Philip Island in from Melbourne CBD. That was quite something. This is it:

IMG_0692.JPG

I drive a BMW F32 428i day-to-day but there's no way I'm taking the engine cover off.

Very nice. :aww: 

I hope you had a good time and my fellow Aussies treated you right. :reporter: 

1 hour ago, Brimes said:

Very nice. :aww: 

I hope you had a good time and my fellow Aussies treated you right. :reporter: 

I have an uncle who lives in Docklands so I was pretty well looked after. I'm just waiting for the next opportunity to come back to present itself.

15 hours ago, Dan G said:

I have an uncle who lives in Docklands so I was pretty well looked after.

Oh cool. That's just down the road from me. :) 

2 hours ago, Silencenox said:

So uh, do these aussie cars come to the US :(

Only if they're imported privately or through import companies, Holden/Chevy never really shipped them new to the US. For a while there they were changing badges and the front bar to Pontiac but that was only the earlier models. (And it made them ugly af)

I know we did a few cop cars for L.A i think, came out as Chevy Caprices.