Pokemon Gold/Silver

Deathcon

Just a reminder, you can pre-order Pokemon Gold/Silver on your 3DS from the E-shop (becomes available the 22nd)

hype for gen2 nostalgia!

gold-silver-169-en.jpg

JUst as with Red/Blue/Yellow we can trade/battle OVER WIFI!
37 minutes ago, Legendary DJ said:

Just pre-ordered Silver.  Can't wait to play it again!

HMU on boards if you want version exclusives, bought gold ##

On 9/20/2017 at 1:47 AM, Deathcon said:
JUst as with Red/Blue/Yellow we can trade/battle OVER WIFI!

So what you're saying is get silver because fucking skarmory -.-

9 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

literally every team has skarmory on it tho, there are plenty of alternative special sweepers

Skarmory isnt overly amazing in gen2 tho, while its bulky and can semi stall w/toxic and rest so can snorlax, and snorlax has access to a better coverage movepool, skarmorys best move is steelwing and fly+ rest/toxic/protect. 

So after struggling with Whitney countless times when the games were originally released back in 2000, I managed to knock her out on my first try.  Here's how my battle with her Miltank went (I'm using a level 28 Quilava and nothing else)

Turn 1.  Set up with smokescreen.  Miltank attempts rollout and it misses.

Turn 2.  Ember.  Miltank uses stomp.

Turn 3.  Ember.  Miltank uses stomp again (like WTF not even trying to use attract or rollout again?)

Turn 4.  Ember.  Miltank fainted.  Badge won.

I don't ever recall it being that easy.  I mean I know the AI wasn't great back then but I never thought it was THAT bad.

5 minutes ago, Legendary DJ said:

So after struggling with Whitney countless times when the games were originally released back in 2000, I managed to knock her out on my first try.  Here's how my battle with her Miltank went (I'm using a level 28 Quilava and nothing else)

Turn 3.  Ember.  Miltank uses stomp again (like WTF not even trying to use attract or rollout again?)

I don't ever recall it being that easy.  I mean I know the AI wasn't great back then but I never thought it was THAT bad.

Dude That Miltank was the fucking hardest fight in that game. Harder than Lance of the Elite four.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:28 AM, Deathcon said:

Skarmory isnt overly amazing in gen2 tho, while its bulky and can semi stall w/toxic and rest so can snorlax, and snorlax has access to a better coverage movepool, skarmorys best move is steelwing and fly+ rest/toxic/protect. 

it's all about that spikes

GSC meta was almost entirely defensive teams because of skarmory and a plethora of supporting defensive typeing (fortress, kingdra, hell even suicuine with its bulky spec def)

PVGC was awful during that meta (... and really until Gen 4 tbh)

On 9/23/2017 at 1:02 AM, Legendary DJ said:

Im just happy i can have an opaf typhlosion 

Teach it thunder punch from goldenrod + EQ tm and luls sends out a water mon? Thunderpunch.

Sends out a rock type? EQ 

I haven't been following this super closely, but other than the obvious WiFi capabilities, have they added or changed anything else about the game? Or is it entirely the same as the original?

2 hours ago, Cam L said:

I haven't been following this super closely, but other than the obvious WiFi capabilities, have they added or changed anything else about the game? Or is it entirely the same as the original?

Entirely the same as im aware, even old glitches are still do-able, just as RBY glitches were do-able.

You can clone-glitch and get all 3 starters/ dupe items this way (infinite masterballs and TM's if pokemon can hold them, im unaware if thats a thing yet i havent had the chance to try)

You can easily get shinies in G/S aswell due to the way its calculated.

Edited by Deathcon

Can confirm Jynx's sprite was altered to purple.

Fought Clair today and swept her team with a level 46 EEVEE!  Even her Kingdra wasn't any challenge for me.  Mainly cause I had Typhlosion set it up with a smokescreen which messed up its hyper beam.  Also Kingdra used smokescreen multiple times which doesn't effect swift which is what I kept spamming with Eevee.  That plus quick attack as well which did her 3 dragonairs in.  So yeah moral of story is get a normal type with decent attack and speed stats and just spam STAB moves like quick attack and swift and you can get very far in the game.

2 minutes ago, Legendary DJ said:

Can confirm Jynx's sprite was altered to purple.

Fought Clair today and swept her team with a level 46 EEVEE!  Even her Kingdra wasn't any challenge for me.  Mainly cause I had Typhlosion set it up with a smokescreen which messed up its hyper beam.  Also Kingdra used smokescreen multiple times which doesn't effect swift which is what I kept spamming with Eevee.  That plus quick attack as well which did her 3 dragonairs in.  So yeah moral of story is get a normal type with decent attack and speed stats and just spam STAB moves like quick attack and swift and you can get very far in the game.

i cant wait to have a typhlosion with thunderpunch/EQ