New CPU, Thoughts?

Medic Roby

So to all the CPU gurus out there... my wife wants a new computer and I am thinking of buying her a HP all in one with touch screen. I need feedback on the specs to see if you guys think it could handle RS3/Overwatch/any game for the matter. I used to be inclined in my knowledge on computers but unfortunately it has been a while since. The spec are below...Thoughts?

Includes 22-b042 all-in-one with power adapter, wireless keyboard, and wireless optical mouse; Premier PC Support for life of computer, PC Treasures software digital download (ships separately)
Windows 10 operating system
2GHz AMD A6-7310 quad-core processor with 2MB L2 cache
21.5" diagonal 10-point touchscreen Full HD WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display with 1920x1080 resolution, IPS technology
8GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
SuperMulti DVD burner
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 wireless technology
AMD Radeon R4 graphics with up to 4190MB total graphics memory
DTS Studio Sound with integrated speakers
HP webcam with dual-array digital microphones
SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
Two USB 3.0 ports
Two USB 2.0 ports
HDMI output
Headphone/microphone combo jack
Measures approximately 21-1/4"L x 7-1/4"W x 15-3/4"H; weighs 12.16 lbs
UL listed adapter; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Imported

7 minutes ago, Afterall said:

This seems like a rather low-end pc. What will your wife be doing mostly?

She just wants an all in one with a touch screen for facebook, email, netflix, and general web browsing. It is my hope to buy something taht will let me game when shes not home haha. Worst case scenario I'll just build one from newegg parts and make it exactly what I want and she can suffice without touch screen. Other than that I am up for opinions/recommendations.

Just now, Medic Roby said:

She just wants an all in one with a touch screen for facebook, email, netflix, and general web browsing. It is my hope to buy something taht will let me game when shes not home haha. Worst case scenario I'll just build one from newegg parts and make it exactly what I want and she can suffice without touch screen. Other than that I am up for opinions/recommendations.

What is your budget for it?

If you are able pick Intel over AMD in this case do it.... AMD cpus other then the no ryzen stuff is based on their old 6 yr ish+ platform... SO basically buying 4+ or more old items. Just wrapped in a new box with ribbons.... If you can pick up a lower end i5 be amazing for a very long while. If one of those breaks the budget which I don't think it would... Pick up a i3...But anything AMD wise now isn't worth it unless its ryzen.... The high end ryzen cpu can match and in some things out perform Intel on the high end cpus

1 minute ago, Medic Roby said:

Somewhere between $400 low end and $900-1000 high end. But really trying to avoid that high end. The more left over the more I get haha.

I was going to recommend getting a surface pro, but that's over the budget by quite a bit. If touch screen is a priority, honestly you may be better served buying a tablet for her, and building a low budget PC for you. I personally own THIS TABLET and it was literally the best purchase I've ever made. 

If touch isn't a super high priority, you could buy or build a fairly decent PC for under $1000. And, generally speaking you'll pay a premium for an all-in-one computer. Lastly, while 8gb is the standard today for media and gaming, it is quickly becoming outdated. You might want to look for something with 16gb (especially if you plan on playing any early access games that are not well optimized, such as PUBG and Fortnite).

Something like this might be more suited to you: Dell Touchscreen

Though I don't specifically recommend dell.

3 hours ago, Medic Roby said:

AMD Radeon R4 graphics with up to 4190MB total graphics memory

This is going to cripple any gaming you do, especially something like Overwatch.