Revolution and You

Overvoltage

you can just delete this, nobody used it anyways

Edited by Overvoltage
realized I said scrimshaw of sacrifice instead of elements :thinking:
32 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

2.) Use sunshine. If you have a ring of kinship (a dungeoneering token reward)

I think you've got the wrong ring :reporter:

(I'd edit, but I don't want to fuck anything up if you're doing the same)

1 hour ago, Beric said:

I think you've got the wrong ring :reporter:

to be fair, the ring of kinship is very related to dungeoneering. But yes I meant Vigor

59 minutes ago, Alejandra said:

I noticed that too :lol:

One of the best guides ive seen tho,  nice job :) 

It's still all over the place, but I'll refine it with feedback (and adding ranged/melee specifics)

3 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Do we want to include hench ironman strats with quake+ gstaff+ crystal hatchet spec :trollface:

crystal hatchet is a waste, bone dagger on the other hand....

3 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

crystal hatchet is a waste, bone dagger on the other hand....

100% adren vs 75%  also +3 affinity vs bone daggers +2

But you have to factor in the fact hatchet is t70 vs bone daggers t10(?) I know specials get an accuracy buff but i don't know how much of a difference thatd make

3 hours ago, Deathcon said:

100% adren vs 75%  also +3 affinity vs bone daggers +2

But you have to factor in the fact hatchet is t70 vs bone daggers t10(?) I know specials get an accuracy buff but i don't know how much of a difference thatd make

Dagger gets 100% accuracy if its your first attack

19 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

I often use shadow tendrils in place of deep impact if my hitpoints are irrelevant or if I can heal most of the damage back with soul split. It hits four times, but I cancel it after the third hit because otherwise it hurts you a lot.

This is for instances where you aren't in a sunshine/swiftness correct?

45 minutes ago, John Kleppe said:

This is for instances where you aren't in a sunshine/swiftness correct?

nope, SS/DS increase tendril damage 50%

9 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

nope, SS/DS increase tendril damage 50%

Jesus, first I find out Sara brews actually do lower stats and now I find this out??  Next you'll tell me Santa was really just my parents. 

1 hour ago, John Kleppe said:

Jesus, first I find out Sara brews actually do lower stats and now I find this out??  Next you'll tell me Santa was really just my parents. 

Tendril with DS is how people get those 12k crits with range, lol.

1 hour ago, Isurugi Noe said:

Isn't manual higher dps compared to Revolution?

You can "full manual" with Revolution turned on, you have to be activating abilities manually if you're moving (running around, or just walking your bleed so the first hit gets amplified as well).

With Revolution turned on, you have to move your character if you would like to stop attacking - which is necessary for the increasingly common strategy of 4 tick auto attacking with magic, can be performed on Revolution but movement can be detrimental at some bosses like Telos (minion movement/beam), Vorago (bombs splash area), or Angel of Death (walking the combust the minion puts on you). A lot of people who play mostly on full manual either don't realize that this can be done, or believe this is far more effort than using full manual to begin with.

Using certain abilities strategically - like maximizing AoE damage, walking bleeds, using stun with Flanking equipped, using defensive + click spellcast (for mage - if not doing 4 tick auto attacking) rather than using non-doubled Wrack/single target Chain/Tuska's/Sacrifice/non-Flanking Impact - will result in better overall DPS yeah. Smart use of abilities is better, but turning off Revolution doesn't make your DPS higher automatically, and Revolution being turned on doesn't make your DPS lower automatically.

Everyone should be comfortable activating abilities manually, otherwise they're massively handicapped when they have to move their character during a boss encounter. Don't be that guy sitting in the corner not attacking at RotS.

8 hours ago, Veggie said:

Everyone should be comfortable activating abilities manually, otherwise they're massively handicapped when they have to move their character during a boss encounter. Don't be that guy sitting in the corner not attacking at RotS.

:rafi2: