Moral Question P.2

Cyruss

You are duo'ing General Graardoor, 

You out dps your partner and receive a Hazelemere's Signet Ring (approx 2b)

Do you split.

Personally on this one I say no, you used your mega RNG for a while surely and bothered to have a LoTD.

I think it's important to have a conversation going into a boss encounter with a person. You should agree if you are splitting drops or not. If you actually believe you might get an HSR you could even discuss that drop specifically prior.

If we were doing bandos, I wouldn't expect splits. If we were doing AoD, I sure would.

since RDT drops don't replace a bosses regular drops, I'd still say no

like, if you got an effigy, clue scroll, dragon medium helm, etc I wouldn't expect a split of any of those either

same with boss pets

10 minutes ago, Cam L said:

I don't own a LotD, so this one's all theirs :trollface:

That is an interesting point to bring up. What if they didn't own an LoTD? They essentially didn't have the potential for that drop either way, dang.

5 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

same with boss pets

I expect all future boss pets to be cut in half. 

This is why I don't duo with people other than bosses I absolutely have to (because I'm bad). I would expect boss drops to be split unless they cannot be.

Edit: Too many people value in-game wealth over what I perceive to be fairness (and even if it isn't fair, you'll make the other person's day).

Edited by Afternine

If we had previously agreed on splitting drops, then I would split that. Though I'd understand if my partner felt differently. 

2 hours ago, Beric said:

I expect all future boss pets to be cut in half. 

back when I was a mentor, I'd take people interested in learning PvM to Vindicta because it's not too difficult mechanically (easy to survive at least), and pretty good money for a low-level boss

I got both of the pets with mentees and then had to explain what it was and why they weren't getting part of it

edit: wow my interface used to be awful lol

Edited by Overvoltage

I don't think I've ever done team bossing without knowing ahead of time whether or not valuable drops were being split. Always decide that ahead of time so there's no room for ambiguity on the important ones. Like the ring.

You'd be setting yourself up to ruin a friendship if you don't discuss ahead of time and then decide not to split after the fact (or visa versa). 

From my perspective, if you didn't want to split valuable drops with your mate, you probably shouldn't have invited them in the first place, or should have gone to a mass. Presumably even if said friend is lower DPS, they've still helped you get more, faster killers, and you enjoy their companionship.  

I'd probably split it

The only time I don't bother with knowing how drops will be split is if I don't care how drops will be split, for instance bandos idgaf, but then again if I'm duoing at bandos i'm probably taking someone who's never touched a boss before

If you agreed to split loot beforehand without specifying which loot to keep. I would split it. If not I see no reason as of why not to keep it. Although, the one who did the most DPS should be irrelevant I believe.

Beware as many has told you, you might lose a friend if you keep it.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:33 PM, Beric said:

Though I'd understand if my partner felt differently. 

dang id hope ppl you boss with wouldn't do that :jade:

it all depends whats discussed prior to doing any bossing :P 

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, Rafi said:

From my perspective, if you didn't want to split valuable drops with your mate, you probably shouldn't have invited them in the first place, or should have gone to a mass. Presumably even if said friend is lower DPS, they've still helped you get more, faster killers, and you enjoy their companionship.  

This is how I think. I've been in plenty of vindy duos where I got all the drops, but split the drops, and it wasn't decided before hand either. 

And yes, if hsr dropped I'd split.

Edited by Sir Berry
  • 1 month later...

As someone who has been around the block, let me tell you: Your reputation and friendships in this clan FAR outweigh the value of any in-game wealth. Like, if I had the choice between losing a dozen partyhats or losing my spot in this clan, my partyhats would be dropped in a heartbeat. The game & the game wealth mean nothing; The Gladiatorz means everything.

Split the drop ye scumlords

Edited by Memphus
7 minutes ago, Memphus said:

Like, if I had the choice between losing a dozen partyhats or losing my spot in this clan, my partyhats would be dropped in a heartbeat.

This gives me ideas :reporternana: