NEX AOD IS 54m per hr???

Morrobeast

So i just saw on a twitch stream, 7 people killing Nex:AOD in 4 minutes.

4 minutes per kill = 15 kills per hr.

15 x 25380k =380700k

380700k/7 people = 54385k = 54m !?!?!?!?!?

Even considering much less geared/skilled players, profit is still immense?

Each kill is worth 25,380,737.76 coins purely from unique drops in a team of 7 players, assuming all players survive to receive loot; this number is split among all players in the team. However if a team decides to have 8 or more players the average value per kill from uniques drops to 20,424,207.43 coins due to the wand of the praesul and imperium core becoming less frequent. (From WIKI)

So, to elaborate on this a little bit, good teams can in fact do ~4 minute kills and make lots of money. To say that profit is still immense with less skilled players isn't necessarily correct. Simply getting ~7 minute kills at AoD requires a team of 7 people that have a far better understanding of the game and "skill" level (whatever you define that as in this game) than the average player. Those people are not easy to find. You have to know how to do lots of damage, and not very many people know how to do that. Additionally, with 7 minute kills you're almost halving your kills (and, as a result, profit) per hour from this 54M figure. To top it off, I would argue that a 7 minute kill for a team of "average" players is difficult to achieve, although others may disagree with me depending on their definition of an average player.

Videos like this make it look easy, but there's a level of knowledge/experience/communication going on with all 7 of those players that very few people/teams possess. 

Yeah you need 7 pretty decent people to be able to kill AoD in 4 minutes. Like, 7 people who could almost certainly be making more money doing Telos. You won't find yourself on such a team unless you become quite good at the game and befriend people in that corner of the RuneScape community (lots aren't very friendly), or if you are a girl or are incredibly successful at pretending to be a girl.

Doing AoD at half that speed (include banking time) is still pretty good money, and perhaps very good money for some players there who otherwise wouldn't be able to make that much money. And it's not a great challenge, it isn't a hard boss.

Personally I don't like the boss plus if I committed to doing Telos I could make more money, and I've already got the pet.

3 minutes ago, Veggie said:

Yeah you need 7 pretty decent people to be able to kill AoD in 4 minutes. Like, 7 people who could almost certainly be making more money doing Telos. You won't find yourself on such a team unless you become quite good at the game and befriend people in that corner of the RuneScape community (lots aren't very friendly), or if you are a girl or are incredibly successful at pretending to be a girl.

Doing AoD at half that speed (include banking time) is still pretty good money, and perhaps very good money for some players there who otherwise wouldn't be able to make that much money. And it's not a great challenge, it isn't a hard boss.

Personally I don't like the boss plus if I committed to doing Telos I could make more money, and I've already got the pet.

Ahh i see what u mean, NEX AOD is nice money but eventually over time, the gains from Telos would eventually come due to increase in experience and be more substantial.

5 minutes ago, Morrobeast said:

Ahh i see what u mean, NEX AOD is nice money but eventually over time, the gains from Telos would eventually come due to increase in experience and be more substantial.

Yeah if it's a bunch of good players then it's more like a casual boss that just shits out money, but perhaps not the best money they could come across. For a mediocre team, there may be people who are making more money than they could possibly achieve, and on that same team there may be people there who are basically just donating their time.

cam and veggie basically covered most of what I was going to say, but also, sub 6 minute kills are very doable with an above average team. I've had a few 5:5x's on my ironman on a team with 5-6 zerk auras and no hammer, and we're definitely not using top end gear

4 hours ago, Cam L said:

So, to elaborate on this a little bit, good teams can in fact do ~4 minute kills and make lots of money. To say that profit is still immense with less skilled players isn't necessarily correct. Simply getting ~7 minute kills at AoD requires a team of 7 people that have a far better understanding of the game and "skill" level (whatever you define that as in this game) than the average player. Those people are not easy to find. You have to know how to do lots of damage, and not very many people know how to do that. Additionally, with 7 minute kills you're almost halving your kills (and, as a result, profit) per hour from this 54M figure. To top it off, I would argue that a 7 minute kill for a team of "average" players is difficult to achieve, although others may disagree with me depending on their definition of an average player.

Videos like this make it look easy, but there's a level of knowledge/experience/communication going on with all 7 of those players that very few people/teams possess. 

This does not make it look easy at all; this looks sweaty AF

5 hours ago, Veggie said:

You won't find yourself on such a team unless you become quite good at the game and befriend people in that corner of the RuneScape community (lots aren't very friendly), or if you are a girl or are incredibly successful at pretending to be a girl.

that last part :lolface:

On 10/22/2017 at 1:08 PM, Afternine said:

This does not make it look easy at all; this looks sweaty AF

It basically its is lol the people that do this are some of the sweatyish pvmers in the game lol

9 hours ago, Edward987 said:

It basically its is lol the people that do this are some of the sweatyish pvmers in the game lol

But they aren't at much risk of dying to the boss, and there isn't much adaptation they have to do throughout the kill. They're just hardcore DPSing a combat dummy, a loot piñata if you will.

• 2 months later...