Ranged revolution

Mynamehere12

I was wondering if someone could show me a pic of their ranged revolution bar, so I can get an idea of how I should set mine up. Thnx!

Better to just learn abilities, you don't have to manually activate every ability manually or turn off Revolution, but a basic understanding of your abilities should make setting up a Revolution part pretty trivial. Needle Strike/Dazing Shot (dual/2h) is a low cooldown, good damage ability, using it a lot helps to ensure that your medium-long cooldown high damage abilities aren't all on cooldown at the same time forcing you to use low damage abilities. Corruption Shot is a great damage basic. So is Snipe - note, Snipe isn't a regular sort of ability, the global cooldown is 3 ticks (1.8 seconds), you need to for 4 ticks (2.4 seconds) instead of 3 ticks in order for the damage to go out. Revolution does this automatically, but Revolution also wants to play out the entire animation for the ability which bumps it up to 5 ticks (3 seconds). Cancel Snipe's channel by activating another ability at 4 ticks (2.4 seconds, the opportunity after the global cooldown) to increase your DPS and adrenaline gain compared to pure Revolution. Fragmentation Shot is good damage, it can be great damage if you force the enemy to move since it doubles the damage it deals. Everything else is prety bad/situational. Tuska's Wrath is low damage but higher damage than other low damage abilities. Piercing Shot is slightly weaker than other low damage abilities but it has a very short cooldown so you can use it if you don't know what else to use. Binding Shot shortly stuns the enemy and binds them for a long time, it isn't great damage but if the enemy can be bound you can follow up with Piercing Shot to deal the doubled damage from hitting a stunned/bound enemy. Ricochet is bad damage against a single target but can be good/great damage against a group of enemies. Sacrifice is another low damage ability, it doesn't really do anything.

So basically you want to cast Needle Strike/Dazing Shot a lot, use Corruption Shot/Snipe/Fragmentation Shot a lot, and the others are just fillers or situational.

Thresholds, Snap Shot > Rapid Fire > Shadow Tendrils > Bombardment. Snap Shot deals tons of damage, simple. Rapid Fire deals even more damage, but over a long time and stops your movement. Shadow Tendrils is basically a second Snap Shot, except it deals like 2-4k damage to you and it has a 45 second cooldown - you can skip it if losing 2-4k health is significant in whatever combat you're doing, don't just use it and die just because people pressure you to use it. Don't be dumb. Hitting 0 lifepoints is the worst DPS. Eating and losing adrenaline because you're low HP from shitting on your HP with tendrils is bad DPS. Bombardment is good for killing several monsters, it isn't very good against a single target.

Please for the love of Zanik have Death's Swiftness for ultimate, it takes 85 Ranged and The World Wakes quest. If you're too lazy to do quests but still insist on asking for how to become better at combat, I will regard you as a troll and will not acknowledge your existence.

14 minutes ago, Veggie said:

Please for the love of Zanik have Death's Swiftness for ultimate, it takes 85 Ranged and The World Wakes quest. If you're too lazy to do quests but still insist on asking for how to become better at combat, I will regard you as a troll and will not acknowledge your existence.

Haha, bit harsh? =P

I am working on that quest line currently =P

10 minutes ago, mynamehere12 said:

Haha, bit harsh? =P

You'll understand the sentiment once you have the abilities :lol:

1 hour ago, mynamehere12 said:

Haha, bit harsh? =P

There are people who would rather pridefully say they don't do quests than get like +25-40% DPS. And it isn't like DPS is completely irrelevant to them, just 1 hour is not worth upgrading their gameplay significantly.

13 hours ago, mynamehere12 said:

Haha, bit harsh? =P

Also please kill Zanik during that quest 

P.S. Killing Zanik will increase quest time 

Edited by CptBlueberry
8 hours ago, Drake said:

I got diseases looking at this bar. What about you @Veggie

Yeah I mean Piercing Shot should not be first, Dazing Shot and Corruption Shot should be the first 2 abilities (people vary putting them 1st/2nd), and from there it doesn't matter much. You should be walking Fragmentation Shot when you cast it and it'll be much stronger than any other basic (besides AoE damage from Corruption Shot/Ricochet). And you should be using Snipe manually so you don't spend an extra tick casting it (slowing DPS and adrenaline gain) due to Revolution's obsession with fully playing the animation rather than optimizing damage - and also so that you're completely aware that Snipe is being casted, so you don't like cast a threshold at the global cooldown and completely cancel Snipe from dealing damage. For Slayer you could have Ricochet early on the bar, you could even temporarily put it first if you want to grab monster aggression more frequently (or if you're that AFK you might be interested in aggression pots), although I have to say that Ricochet sucks compared to Chain due to its low "bounce" range. Also, Slayer is best done not AFK, and Dark Beasts are kinda shit (except for money, but they do hurt since they bugfixed their magic attacks so it's not even that AFK). If you actually want to kill lots of monsters, you had best get familiar with Mechanised Chinchompas (P.S. fuck British people butchering the English language).

3 hours ago, Veggie said:

Yeah I mean Piercing Shot should not be first, Dazing Shot and Corruption Shot should be the first 2 abilities (people vary putting them 1st/2nd), and from there it doesn't matter much. You should be walking Fragmentation Shot when you cast it and it'll be much stronger than any other basic (besides AoE damage from Corruption Shot/Ricochet). And you should be using Snipe manually so you don't spend an extra tick casting it (slowing DPS and adrenaline gain) due to Revolution's obsession with fully playing the animation rather than optimizing damage - and also so that you're completely aware that Snipe is being casted, so you don't like cast a threshold at the global cooldown and completely cancel Snipe from dealing damage. For Slayer you could have Ricochet early on the bar, you could even temporarily put it first if you want to grab monster aggression more frequently (or if you're that AFK you might be interested in aggression pots), although I have to say that Ricochet sucks compared to Chain due to its low "bounce" range. Also, Slayer is best done not AFK, and Dark Beasts are kinda shit (except for money, but they do hurt since they bugfixed their magic attacks so it's not even that AFK). If you actually want to kill lots of monsters, you had best get familiar with Mechanised Chinchompas (P.S. fuck British people butchering the English language).

snipe, needle strike(/dazing shot), corruption shot are the only basics you actually use doing a perfect death's swiftness rotation on full manual, and I have snipe prioritized first both for its excellent damage and the nightmare gauntlet accuracy buff is often very significant (but maybe not for casual slayer), but it's much much worse if you're not canceling it "early," so it doesn't translate well to afk revo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vkCzbmxu3_MPe3KAo-J2x-_CqAqfWz8gwoArj8lfPUc/edit#gid=0

TWpOMAG.png

just throwing snipe out there for consideration as a first ability also

59f23a531dbd9_ScreenShot2017-10-26at2_41_14PM.png.40b44aaed8c2982eecb15f0a1c155549.png

Less disease spreading now?

13 hours ago, Drake said:

I got diseases looking at this bar. What about you @Veggie

But to defend myself a little bit at least; I do bosses in full manual (except GWD1:"half-manual") and apply the principles of good DPS like walking frag shot etc... whenever I can. I reworked this bar as far as the basic abilities go and then a couple of my other bars based on the feedback and trying to translate as close as possible the equivalent abilities of each style to match something like this. I know this wasn't my thread but any chance to learn something and improve is A-ok in my book.

On 10/26/2017 at 3:46 PM, Cyruss said:

I know this wasn't my thread but any chance to learn something and improve is A-ok in my book.

Always pick Veggie, Voltage and Cadava's brains about DPS. There's always something to improve on (I have hella lot to improve on) :parrotdance: