Need help with Invention! Please!

Nihilinator

Hey guys i'm a noob when it comes to invention all i do is siphon stuff i'm currently at 68 invention.

I want to train it higher but not sure how to go about doing it :)

Any guides anyone has or any tips or strats anyone's willing to share with me?

Would be very helpful thank you very much in advance!

As with most things, training it has a balance of speed vs cost

I trained mostly through slayer, and disassembled armadyl and robes of subjugation (since they give components I wanted later for the precise 5 and impatient 3 perks) as they hit level 10

If that's too expensive for you, just siphon them at level 12

I used T90 weapons to train, so I siphoned those at level 12

You can also train it via firemaking, fishing, and smithing, but they go much slower

For that, you can either augment the appropriate crystal tool (crystal tinderbox, fishing rod, hammer), or make the lower level ones at a workbench (pyro-matic, fishing-rod-o-matic, hammer-tron)

There's a special siphon for crystal tools, but it's really expensive and I don't feel it's worth using

the non-crystal tools can just be disassembled at level 10

Edited by Overvoltage
49 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

As with most things, training it has a balance of speed vs cost

I trained mostly through slayer, and disassembled armadyl and robes of subjugation (since they give components I wanted later for the precise 5 and impatient 3 perks) as they hit level 10

I used T90 weapons to train, so I siphoned those at level 12

You can also train it via firemaking, fishing, and smithing, but they go much slower

For that, you can either augment the appropriate crystal tool (crystal tinderbox, fishing rod, hammer), or make the lower level ones at a workbench (pyro-matic, fishing-rod-o-matic, hammer-tron)

There's a special siphon for crystal tools, but it's really expensive and I don't feel it's worth using

the non-crystal tools can just be disassembled at level 10

Thanks! this helps tons :)

7 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

Those two levels from 10 to 12 is almost the same xp from 1-10. Those two extra levels cost a lot of divine charges. Do you know if the cost of the charges is lower than around 7m (seeing as where t70 armour is about 3m each+2 500k'ish augmentors)

5 hours ago, Minikillers said:

Those two levels from 10 to 12 is almost the same xp from 1-10. Those two extra levels cost a lot of divine charges. Do you know if the cost of the charges is lower than around 7m (seeing as where t70 armour is about 3m each+2 500k'ish augmentors)

Definitely way lower