Revolution Updates, Going Like Clockwork Event, and Patch Notes

AmusedDragon

Revolution Updates

Revolution is now more laid-back than ever: with enough adrenaline, you can now automatically trigger thresholds and ultimates; and, with a resizeable window, you can now tailor exactly how many of your abilities should be automatic. Furthermore, to ensure that a balance is struck when fighting monsters in different modes, we’ve increased the average floor damage given by both Legacy combat and special attacks: Legacy PvM combat has had it's minimum hit upped to 33% of damage potential. Up from the previous 0%. The special attacks in Legacy and EoC have been buffed to shift 20% of random damage onto the existing damage floor.

Going like Clockwork

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, and we’re getting into the spirit of things with our new November event: Going Like Clockwork.

Santa is going on annual leave from the 13th until the 26th of November to emotionally prepare himself for the frantic festive season. In his absence, Eira the head elf has been left in charge. But all is not merry - especially among the mischievous snow implings who resent Santa his me-time. They’ve made their misery known by stealing all the pieces of Santa’s prized clockwork toy and hiding them around Gielinor!

Save Santa his sensibilities by collecting all 10,000 clockwork pieces and returning them to Eira in Burthorpe before the boss returns. Skilling, PvM and completing Daily Challenges all yield pieces, as does catching snow implings. Don’t fret, you’ll be amply rewarded for your troubles!

If you have pieces to spare, why not cash them in for mystery boxes? In them are Christmas items from 2014-2015, as well as the usual fayre yield. All such prizes are now tradeable.

Ninja Fixes

• The ability to quick travel to Temple Trekking is now available on the Mort Myre Swamp entrance gates via a right click option instead of a toggle.
  • The highest tier of Menagerie pet houses now have 30 slots, up from 25.
  • Players can now dismiss pets directly from their Menagerie.
  • Coins obtained via the Queen Black Dragon loot chest will now move to the money pouch when claimed.
  • Flameburst defenders now provide the effects of a real defender.
  • The interface layout presets have been updated to better resize and handle tertiary interfaces, such as the the slayer counter for both standard and legacy modes.
  • XP lamps awarded for completing Heroes' Quest are no longer non-member objects.
  • Sixth Age quests are now marked in the quest journal, with similar messaging to Fifth Age quests.
  • Several "agnostic" quests have been re-categorised as Fifth Age quests.
  • The quest list now has an option to categorise quests into Fifth/Sixth Age.
  • The Progress category in the quest list now displays Completed quests at the bottom of the list instead of the middle.

• A quest accept interface has been added to the following quests:
Spoiler

• The Hand in the Sand

• Haunted Mine

• Horror from the Deep

• Hunt for Red Raktuber

• Icthlarin's Little Helper

• In Aid of the Myreque

• In Pyre Need

• In Search of the Myreque

• Kennith's Concerns

• Legacy of Seergaze

• Legends' Quest

• Lost City

• Lunar Diplomacy

• Meeting History

• Monkey Madness

• Mountain Daughter

• My Arm's Big Adventure

• Nomad's Requiem

• Olaf's Quest

• One Small Favour

• The Path of Glouphrie

• Ratcatchers

• Recipe for Disaster

• Rocking Out

• Royal Trouble

• Rum Deal

• Rune Mechanics

• Scorpion Catcher

• Sea Slug

• Shades of Mort'ton

• Shadow of the Storm

• Shilo Village

• The Slug Menace

• Smoking Kills

• Spirit of Summer

• Spirits of the Elid

• Summer's End

• Swan Song

• Tai Bwo Wannai Trio

• Tears of Guthix

• Throne of Miscellania

• TokTz-Ket-Dill

• The Tourist Trap

• Tree Gnome Village

• Tribal Totem

• Troll Romance

• Troll Stronghold

• Wanted!

• Watchtower

• What Lies Below

• Witch's House

• Zogre Flesh Eaters

• Clock Tower

• Monk's Friend

• Observatory Quest

• Dwarf Cannon

• Eagle's Peak

• Elemental Workshop I

• Elemental Workshop II

• Fishing Contest

• Rag 'n Bone Man

• Fur 'n Seek

• Murder Mystery

• Perils of Ice Mountain

• Merlin's Crystal

• Holy Grail

• King's Ransom

• Tower of Life

• The Feud

• All Fired Up

• Animal Magnetism

• As a First Resort

• Back to My Roots

• Between a Rock...

• Blood Runs Deep

• Cabin Fever

• Cold War

• Contact!

• Creature of Fenkenstrain

• Darkness of Hallowvale

• Dealing with Scabaras

• Devious Minds

• The Dig Site

• Dream Mentor

• Eadgar's Ruse

• Enlightened Journey

• The Eyes of Glouphrie

• Fairy Tale I

• Fairy Tale II

• Family Crest

• Forgettable Tale...

• Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf

• The Fremennik Isles

• The Fremennik Trials

• Garden of Tranquillity

• Ghosts Ahoy

• The Giant Dwarf

• Glorious Memories

• The Golem

• The Great Brain Robbery

• Grim Tales

• Plague City

• Biohazard

• Sheep Herder

• Waterfall Quest

• Making History

• Big Chompy Bird Hunting

• Underground Pass

• Regicide (no confirmation, as this quest starts when the messenger appears)

• Roving Elves

• Catapult Construction

• Mourning's End Part I

• Mourning's End Part II

• Within the Light

• Gertrude's Cat

• Recruitment Drive

• A Soul's Bane

• Priest in Peril

• Nature Spirit

• Goblin Diplomacy

• Pirate's Treasure

• Vampyre Slayer

• The Knight's Sword

• Dragon Slayer

• The following quests now award XP lamps containing the quest reward XP:
Spoiler

• Goblin Diplomacy now awards a 200 Crafting XP lamp.

• Vampyre Slayer now awards a 4,825 Attack XP lamp, requiring 10 Attack.

• The Knight's Sword quest now awards a 12,725 Smithing XP lamp, requiring 28 Smithing.

• Dragon Slayer now awards two XP lamps worth 18,650 Strength and Defence XP, requiring 50 Strength and Defence respectively.

• Gertrude's Cat now awards a 1,525 Cooking XP lamp, requiring 11 Cooking.

• Recruitment Drive now awards three XP lamps worth 1,000 XP each in the Prayer, Herblore and Agility skills, requiring level 8 in the respective skills.

• A Soul's Bane now awards two XP lamps worth 500 Defence and Constitution XP, requiring 4 Defence and Constitution respectively.

• Priest in Peril now awards a 1,406 Prayer XP lamp, requiring 10 Prayer.

• Nature Spirit now awards three XP lamps worth 3,000 Crafting XP and 2,000 Constitution and Defence XP, requiring level 4 Crafting and level 3 Constitution and Defence respectively.

• In Search of the Myreque now awards five XP lamps worth 600 XP in the Attack, Defence, Strength, Constitution and Crafting skills, requiring level 4 in the respective skills.

• In Aid of the Myreque now awards four XP lamps worth 2,000 XP in the Attack, Defence, Strength and Crafting skills, requiring level 12 in the respective skills.

• The Haunted Mine quest now awards a 22,000 Strength XP lamp, requiring 35 Strength.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• Every Summoning scroll now has a tooltip of what the effect is.
  • The following Summoning scrolls have been updated:
  • The Abyssal drain's scroll now heals up to 50 prayer points, up from 5.
  • The Spirit dagannoth, Desert wyrm, Minotaur and Arctic bear scrolls now bind the target correctly.
  • The Lava titan's scroll now drains 5% adrenaline correctly.
  • The Stranger plant and Swamp titan scrolls now poisons for up to 200 damage, up from 20.
  • The Tz-Kih's scroll can now damage up to 5 targets, up from 2.
  • The Vampyre bat's scroll now heals the player for 50% of damage dealt, up from a fixed 100 lifepoints.
  • The Bloated leech's scroll now won't heal if health is below 600, up from 60, and deals 100 damage, up from 10.
  • The Spirit scorpion's scroll now works by applying weapon poison to the player for 30 seconds.
  • The Luck of the Dwarves ring now affects the chance of receiving an off-hand Khopesh of the Kharidian from treasure chests inside a Shifting Tomb.
  • Players can now jump over the Strange Floor agility shortcut in the Taverley dungeon when on the west side, standing south of it.
  • Corrected the spelling of ethereal components.
  • The Sophanem Slayer Dungeon chest will now warn players when discarding a single item from it.
  • The Shooting star and Evil Tree are no longer displayed as members-only on the Minigame spotlight interface.
  • Obtaining a strange rock will now consistently state the rock skill name when acquired.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements

• Fixed an issue where members logged into a free world could not open reward chests in the Broken Home quest due to the member skill cap on free worlds.
  • Completing the Dragon Slayer quest no longer displays an Ernest the Chicken achievement.
  • Players can now reclaim a Desert amulet 4 if they already have one keepsaked.
  • Corrected a debug name for Aristarchus from appearing occasionally during the Our Man in the North quest.
  • Corrected a typo when Crondis speaks to the player during Crocodile Tears.
  • Corrected the spelling of Legio Secundus on the 'Stand your ground' achievement.
  • The 'They All Fell Down' achievement can no longer be completed in a group

Other

• Added a popup message when the Queen Black Dragon does her extreme dragon breath attack if the player is carrying an unforged royal crossbow.
  • The auto-setup action bar option once again checks for empty slots and collapses the abilities to the front of the action bar.
  • The auto-setup action bar option no longer adds trout to the action bar except when undertaking Combat Academy training.
  • Players will no longer miss two abilities when using the auto-setup action bar option.
  • Extra blocking has been added to some tiles north-west of the Mage Training Arena to prevent players getting stuck.
  • It is no longer possible to consume a Great Gunkan when the player has more than the maximum number of lifepoints.
  • Players can now destroy a whole elite skilling outfit set from the backpack at once.
  • Fixed a typo on the Adamant Dragon entrance barrier within Brimhaven Dungeon.
  • Corrected a typo in the Karil section on the Beasts tab attack descriptions.
  • Players can now right click 'Enchant' via Thormac.
  • Players now have an enchant all option via right-clicking on the images within the Thormac enchant interface.
  • Corrected a typo on closed poll booths.
  • The Staff of the Mind is now correctly found under the Staves filter in the Wardrobe.

Graphical

• Fixed some stretching on the climbable wall on phase 1 of the Vorago encounter.
  • Teleporting out of V's ancient cave now clears the skybox.
  • Graphically updated the Wilderness warning interfaces. These warnings can be toggled on or off in the Game Settings > Doomsayer Warning Settings interface.
  • Updated the Port Resource Crate interface to be a lot cleaner and easier to read.
  • Graphically updated Thormac's Battlestaff shop.

Last week's hotfixes

• 30/10, 12:20 UTC: Balloons now drop around the Catherby lodestone.
  • 30/10, 14:15 UTC: Putting items on the table in the Daemonheim puzzle during Ghost Stories of Gielinor no longer deletes the item, potentially requiring restarting the story.
  • 30/10, 16:25 UTC: Ensured that the fourth puzzle in Ghost Stories of Gielinor advances as intended. Anyone who was stuck after following the ghost can click on the stairs in the Rising Sun Inn to force the ghost outside to update.
  • 30/10, 16:25 UTC: Adjusted the voted screen on the Ninja Survey poll to no longer display the skip option, as the percentages shown with the skip option was misleading.

20 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

The Knight's Sword quest now awards a 12,725 Smithing XP lamp, requiring 28 Smithing.

So they nerfed this quest for easy smithing gains. Wow.

20 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Dragon Slayer now awards two XP lamps worth 18,650 Strength and Defence XP, requiring 50 Strength and Defence respectively.

Uh, does this mean you need these requirements to do the quest? If so, we might be borked on our current competition.

---

I am going to mess around with Revo++ sometime later. I feel like I'm going to have to change up my bars a bit/resize the revolution area.

---

19 minutes ago, Beric said:

I am unable to log in since this update. :sadbanana:

I was able to log in, but then maybe 20 minutes into playing my client froze and now I get this error:

image.png

18 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I was able to log in, but then maybe 20 minutes into playing my client froze and now I get this error:

That's the same one I'm getting. 

Edit: Apparently a lot of people are having this issue

18 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Uh, does this mean you need these requirements to do the quest?

No. You can start the quest with the old reqs, but then you end up with a quest reward lamp you can't open. I cannot fathom why these changes were made. 

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

No. You can start the quest with the old reqs, but then you end up with a quest reward lamp you can't open. I cannot fathom why these changes were made. 

I actually get the smithing one. Going 1-27 is just insanely OP.

Not so much the d slayer one.

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

Edit: Apparently a lot of people are having this issue

RIP my oak log cutting gains before class. ;_;

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

RIP my oak log cutting gains before class. ;_;

RIP my ability to maybe finish today. ;_;

46 minutes ago, Overvoltage said:

can't wait for our first yaka with revo++......

Honestly that's the first thing I thought about, there's gonna be so many more deaths this week at stun pool (not necessarily our clan but overall in game)

49 minutes ago, Asada said:

Hey today's Yakamaru went pretty well in terms of the revo update, no-one died to stuns at least.

We did get someone to stun the pool by telling them to take the stun off the bar though :trollface:

I do not mind the changes to revo, I just don't actually want to partake in them. I'll just stick to using it as I did before.

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I'll just stick to using it as I did before.

Which is a bit difficult to do right now. Eagerly awaiting Monday's fix. :/

29 minutes ago, Beric said:

Which is a bit difficult to do right now. Eagerly awaiting Monday's fix. :/

Can someone explain this please. Did you and others have ultimates and thresholds before your basics on your bar? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Veggie said:

Can someone explain this please. Did you and others have ultimates and thresholds before your basics on your bar? :dunno:

Before I get into this, note that since the update I've mostly done combat on my new ironman.

I don't have thresholds/ults near the front of my bar, but I do have a different number of basics on each of my style specific bars. This means I can't easily cut all of the thresholds out of the revo highlight. Thresholds aren't frequently activated when I'm on revo, but they sometimes are, and that is more than I want them to be.