Augmented Slayer Armor - T70 vs T80?

Afternine

I've read that t70 drains at half the rate of t80 armor. Are the armor/dps bonuses enough to outweigh the cost of the drain rates? What do you guys think? What do you do slayer in?

If you don't mind paying for the extra charges, it also depends if you have all the perks on both sets of your gear (needing to get them all again could be a pain).

T-80 does drain double the of the charges compared to T-70, it's ultimately up to you though if you feel you can keep up with charge useage in terms of gp/hr

Jade hates money.

On topic: I did 120 Slayer with Anima Core of Sliske, which is terrible, but I didn't think the expense for charges was too bad. I was still profiting a bit, but most of the money I've made in the game over the last year and a half has come from Rax so I wasn't paying too much attention to how Slayer affected my wealth. 

You should be doing Slayer in a way that challenges your ability to survive (chinning/4tick barraging/scythe AoE all tasks that aren't like imperial akh or elite slayer mobs which give shitloads of XP/hr for single target). But most people don't, and settle for 30-50% efficiency, and probably don't even realize how inefficient they're being.

Tier 80 is good, anima core armor provides a nice way to use t80 without having two sets of virtus/pernix (you should not be using tectonic in 2017, sirenic is OK).

15 hours ago, Veggie said:

You should be doing Slayer in a way that challenges your ability to survive (chinning/4tick barraging/scythe AoE all tasks that aren't like imperial akh or elite slayer mobs which give shitloads of XP/hr for single target). But most people don't, and settle for 30-50% efficiency, and probably don't even realize how inefficient they're being.

Tier 80 is good, anima core armor provides a nice way to use t80 without having two sets of virtus/pernix (you should not be using tectonic in 2017, sirenic is OK).

I don't even know how to do these AoE type of attacks/gear, although I know my inefficency is through the roof :P 

16 minutes ago, Lord Skyhawk said:

and im here still trying to get the perks for all my t80 gear

Dude. :/ Stop throwing your money away at the arena and get your shit perked. It's not even all that expensive, and absolutely worth every penny.

On 11/28/2017 at 6:53 AM, Beric said:

Dude. :/ Stop throwing your money away at the arena and get your shit perked. It's not even all that expensive, and absolutely worth every penny.

I have spent like 10m so far trying to p4e3 and still spending for it. used about 5m trying to get a the armor ones im looking for and still dont have them. somewhere between 15m and 30m spent trying to get the persk so far. btw i havnt been to arena for quite some time now. I just keep spending money on vamp scrims and invention for perks and still have nothing i need. @Beric

Edited by Lord Skyhawk
22 hours ago, Lord Skyhawk said:

I have spent like 10m so far trying to p4e3 and still spending for it. used about 5m trying to get a the armor ones im looking for and still dont have them. somewhere between 15m and 30m spent trying to get the persk so far. btw i havnt been to arena for quite some time now. I just keep spending money on vamp scrims and invention for perks and still have nothing i need. @Beric

Just get p5 my dude, p4e2 is not better enough to justify the cost difference.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:23 PM, John Kleppe said:

Just get p5 my dude, p4e2 is not better enough to justify the cost difference.

I have not gotten a p5 yet either. used about 4k precise comps as of now.

It's guaranteed with 5 Armadyl components. Unless I'm very much mistaken, I don't believe you can even get P5 with only precise comps?