Vigilant Foe says 2018 is the year of discord

Broggini

Why do dead people always come back and start telling us what to do?

>_>

7 minutes ago, Broggini said:

Rent the ts to other clans hello?  How are you in charge wtf

:gjman:

24 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Why do dead people always come back and start telling us what to do?

>_>

Believe it or not, I have some experience with this :reporter: 

out of curiosity, what's the reason for NOT switching to discord? i think it'd be a good thing but i'm sure i'm missing something from a leadership perspective (or an active member's perspective :^)).

38 minutes ago, Steven said:

out of curiosity, what's the reason for NOT switching to discord? i think it'd be a good thing but i'm sure i'm missing something from a leadership perspective (or an active member's perspective :^)).

I don't think anyone has the energy to have this conversation again. :lol: Search 'Discord' on the general board if you want to read older threads. 

At any rate, there's a good chance we will move to it. 

56 minutes ago, Steven said:

You want to talk to people with voice or text chat? We have something for that, it's called TeamSpeak. You want a bunch of different discussion channels for text chat with fun emojis and shit? We have that, it's called the forums. Need a bot to look things up for you because you're lazy as fuck? Use Google or someone else's Discord server. 

To paraphrase a bit from the last time we had this discussion: Discord is great for groups of friends where there's no real need for a rank structure or moderation. Recent updates may have addressed that, I'm not certain. Regardless, the idea of people sending bots into my channel to play music while I'm trying to do something with other people is not something that enthuses me.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

For starters, a significant percentage of the time, Discord does not recognize the keyUp event on my push-to-talk key, so unknowingly it continues to have my microphone activated until someone says something. That is an embarrassing display of technology, almost as embarrassing as Twitter not protecting your passwords from their employees.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again... Can we please stop the discord hype train?

Can't admin pin a thread as of why we don't use discord for the sake of simplicity? :') there's bound to happen over and over.