Update on the status of 4 tick auto-attacking

AmusedDragon

On 1/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, Douglas said:

The problem isn't so much what the 1% can or can't do. The problem is what the average person on a cell phone (likely the biggest sudden infusion of new players to this game since Miniclip) are going to be able to do.

Gimping how a game should be played because they are releasing a mobile version is just terrible game design and a terrible idea all-around.

I've been reading into this stuff a little more, enough to have a reasonably formulated opinion now x.D. I was not employing it and was only just barely scratching the surface of practicing it (like an hour/two max) so I don't have huge authority on the subject. But overall I still think 4taa is really cool in how it significantly broadens the skill gap in PvM and DPS Skill. It's a shame to see it go especially for those who really got good at it. I personally feel like it isn't the most genuine form for RS3 Combat to take in that it is based around a bug/glitchy code (this is arguable though for sure). I hope that these changes that they are trying to employ will be a really good START and building point for high level, intensive, unique RS Combat, I'd like to see it become something that will redefine the meta around less monotonously timed & sweaty clicks or key binds and more on real-time decision making and flexible ability rotations. 

Just my 2 cents :)