[POLL] Gladz March Madness Pool

Cam L

March Madness  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a clan March Madness pool?

• Yes
    • Also yes (if you're not interested, please don't vote)
  2. 2. Should there be a GP buy in?

3. 3. What should the buy-in be? (Choose all that you would be willing to pay)

?format=500w

The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner! I'm trying to get a feel for who would be interested in doing a clan March Madness pool (clan friends welcome). There are some questions above for you to answer if you're interested; if you're not interested, your information is of no value to me, so don't vote. If you don't know what March Madness is, I've put some information below that may help you decide whether or not you're interested. Winnings would likely be split 70/20/10 between first/second/third place.

What is March Madness?

March Madness is an annual college basketball tournament that decides the Division 1 National Champion. The tournament spans three weeks, beginning with Selection Sunday (3/11/18) and ending with the Final Four (3/31 - 4/2/18). The field of 68 teams is announced on Selection Sunday, with all teams seeded into a bracket. Last year's completed bracket is given below. People then fill out brackets of their own, picking which teams they think will win in the tournament. This is often done in groups, or pools, with friends, family, coworkers, etc.

2YJ3jjI.png

How do I participate?

1) Pay me the entry fee (TBD).

2) Make an account on http://www.espn.com/ using an email address that you aren't afraid to give me.

3) Once invited to the group, make your picks for the entire tournament. This must be done before the first game begins on Thursday, March 15th (likely around 11 AM or noon EST).

Do I have to know anything about colleges, basketball, or college basketball to participate?

No. Most people who win these things know literally nothing and pick teams based solely on seeding, mascots, or school colors. I'm not kidding.

What do I need to participate?

An account on http://www.espn.com/ made using an email address that you aren't afraid to give me. 

What makes March Madness fun?

Upsets. Buzzer beaters. Shit like this.

I know literally nothing and will be making picks based on names, mascots, and colors.

6 hours ago, Torvir said:

People still watch this?

Of course they do, it's not the Oscars :)

3 hours ago, Cam L said:

Of course they do, it's not the Oscars :)

:lol: I wish I had the patience for March Madness.

P.S. Solid bracket.

The bracket is set. We're not doing this if I can't get at least 10 people willing to put up at least 5M. I understand money is in short supply for Drake M some people, but I'm not organizing this if we're going to have a 9M pot. 

Spoiler

U5gTrwn.jpg