Road to noxious weapons

GNT Patrick

Long time no see guys. Wanted some suggestions on how to get the money for these noxious weapons. I know a few ways but I wanted to change things around so that I don't get bored doing the same things over and over. Decided to consult the experts :)

BTW, changed my in game name to GNT Patrick 

LMAO I saw you PM me but didn't realize it was you with the new name. I turned my private off after, so my apologies on that man :/ 

As for money, depends on your combat levels but Slayer is always fantastic, grinding GWD1/2, Nex duos with me.

As for your question earlier about DG (sorry again) yea some of us do DG during the day and I'm game every now and then for DG so shoot me a PM (I'll realize it's you this time) and we can do some floors :P 

Lol yea, I decided to switch my name when I found it. Thought I'd change things up. I'm down for some dg whenever. Never fought nex but I've dealt with all the other gwd1 bosses. I like bossing its pretty fun. I'm pretty lame though,  I prefer melee, so my melee stats are 91/91/86 but magic is only 75 and ranged is only 85

Edited by dracopatrick
23 hours ago, GNT Patrick said:

I like bossing its pretty fun. I'm pretty lame though,  I prefer melee, so my melee stats are 91/91/86

This sounds like a perfect setup to start killing Araxxor! :reporter: Race between earning the money to buy your nox weapons, or just building them yourself

Hit @6PathsItachi for some dg runs! :)

Try some runecrafting for quick money :)

6 hours ago, Beric said:

This sounds like a perfect setup to start killing Araxxor! 

About when is a good time to araxxor? In general

4 hours ago, Isurugi Noe said:

About when is a good time to araxxor? In general

T70 gear, a T80 weapon, and after you've mastered the ability to hit freedom and anticipate. The fight is mostly about understanding and dealing with mechanics, and once you've got those down it becomes pretty easy. 

2 hours ago, Beric said:

T70 gear, a T80 weapon, and after you've mastered the ability to hit freedom and anticipate. The fight is mostly about understanding and dealing with mechanics, and once you've got those down it becomes pretty easy. 

Got everything except for freedom/anticipate down then.

9 hours ago, Isurugi Noe said:

Got everything except for freedom/anticipate down then.

Bind them to two keys and hit one of them every 4 auto-attacks.

You've mastered it.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, Beric said:

This sounds like a perfect setup to start killing Araxxor! :reporter: Race between earning the money to buy your nox weapons, or just building them yourself

How does one start to go about Araxxi? My current melee setup consists of:

Dragon Rider Lance/Saradomin GodSword/ Dual Drygore Longswords

Anima Core helm of Zaros

Reefwalkers Cape

Blood Amulet of Fury/Saradomin's Whisper

Anima Core Body of Zaros

Anima Core Legs of Zaros

Bandos Gloves

Bandos Boots

Luck of the Dwarves

Sign of Life (Its what I currently have on, don't really have anything for this slot that I can think of)

My combat Auras consist of only Vampyrism/Penance (I didnt understand them at first and grabbed Supreme dedicated slayer by mistake.............I know........)

I have a little gold I can spend, about 100m, I would prefer not to spend too much of it though. 

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) 

1 minute ago, GNT Patrick said:

My combat Auras consist of only Vampyrism/Penance (I didnt understand them at first and grabbed Supreme dedicated slayer by mistake.............I know........)

I know this pain. I got vamp/penance/and a bunch of skilling auras before developing an interest in PvM and realizing I had severely set myself behind. RIP.

It's a not insignificant chunk of your cash stack, but I'd highly suggest upgrading to an amulet of souls. Gives you extra damage reduction and is an amulet you'll be using all through endgame bossing. And this is less necessary, but I'd also suggest switching your reefwalker's cape for something with stronger DPS bonuses. Obsidian, Legends, Fire cape, Tokhaar-kal. All will serve you better. 

Anyways! This will take up your pocket slot, but is well worth it - purchase a scrimshaw of vampyrism off of the GE. Watch a few arraxor guides (we're currently on the 1-3 rotation which is not the most learning friendly), and just get in there. The dragonrider lance is going to be your best friend. You can out-range the spider's melee attacks with it. 

I personally died a hell of a lot learning this fight, but once I got a feel for it the kills became very consistent and I made several 100 millions in less than 400 kills. 

@AmusedDragon has walked quite a few people through their first rax kills with coaching over Teamspeak. So if you see him on TS consider asking for some help. 

Just now, Beric said:

I know this pain. I got vamp/penance/and a bunch of skilling auras before developing an interest in PvM and realizing I had severely set myself behind. RIP.

It's a not insignificant chunk of your cash stack, but I'd highly suggest upgrading to an amulet of souls. Gives you extra damage reduction and is an amulet you'll be using all through endgame bossing. And this is less necessary, but I'd also suggest switching your reefwalker's cape for something with stronger DPS bonuses. Obsidian, Legends, Fire cape, Tokhaar-kal. All will serve you better. 

Anyways! This will take up your pocket slot, but is well worth it - purchase a scrimshaw of vampyrism off of the GE. Watch a few arraxor guides (we're currently on the 1-3 rotation which is not the most learning friendly), and just get in there. The dragonrider lance is going to be your best friend. You can out-range the spider's melee attacks with it. 

I personally died a hell of a lot learning this fight, but once I got a feel for it the kills became very consistent and I made several 100 millions in less than 400 kills. 

@AmusedDragon has walked quite a few people through their first rax kills with coaching over Teamspeak. So if you see him on TS consider asking for some help. 

Thanks :) I'm going to watch an Araxxi video right now. I'll look into the prices of the other equipment. Glad I dont have to get too much.

@Beric The videos all suggest starting with ranged. Is that a big deal? I have 85, so its not too bad. But if you think melee would be better I'll start with melee.

I personally found it easier to learn with range, but many do learn with melee and a lot of the pro-Rax killers in the clan suggest it. 

Overvoltage

You get a lot more reaction time with range and your damage boosting ultimate doesn't cause you to take more damage, so it's probably better to learn with.

Melee kills are typically much faster though