Melee Gear

GNT Patrick

Alright all you high level players

This is a legit question to all of you guys. Currently, this is what my setup looks like for melee:

Head: Anima Core Helm of Zaros

Body: Anima Core Body of Zaros

Legs: Anima Core Legs of Zaros

Gloves: Bandos Gloves

Boots: Bandos Boots

Pocket: Illuminated God Book/Sign of Life

Neck: Amulet of Souls/Blood Amulet of Fury

Ring: Luck of the Dwarves

Cape: Fire Cape

Weapons: Noxious Scythe/Drygores 

So I know I need to do the fight kiln, but other than that I need to know what to get. I'm not necessarily looking for the best of the best, just something really good, but also cost effective. 

I can't really do the math for this kind of stuff in terms of degredation, so I can't figure out what exactly to get. I was looking at malevolent since it went down a bit, but it degrades to dust.... So again, I am not sure which to get. I plan on keeping my non degradable gear for lower level pvm and also slayer tasks, but I want to upgrade - I just don't know what to get. 

Just now, GNT Patrick said:

I was looking at malevolent since it went down a bit, but it degrades to dust....

This shit lasts forever if you augment it. Makes the degrade costs very reasonable, even for slayer. 

Pocket slot - vamp scrimshaw is amazing when you need some extra healing. LoTD could be replaced with a ring of vigor or an asylum surgeon ring (or both!). 

Otherwise you look fine for now. :reporter:

1 minute ago, Beric said:

This shit lasts forever if you augment it. Makes the degrade costs very reasonable, even for slayer. 

For reals? It doesn't degrade after augmentation? What???????? Same with noxious scythe then? 

Just now, Wolf said:

you're better geared then I . for I am just a chump of noobville walking around the country of gilenor.

realm of gilenor I suppose x D 

What are your levels looking like? 

3 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

For reals? It doesn't degrade after augmentation? What???????? Same with noxious scythe then? 

"Lasts forever" as in "lasts for a long time".  It will still eventually degrade to dust. That said, literally anything worth your time killing (including slayer creatures) will earn you more money than this armor costs in upkeep. 

Just now, Beric said:

"Lasts forever" as in "lasts for a long time".  It will still eventually degrade to dust. That said, literally anything worth your time killing (including slayer creatures) will earn you more money than this armor costs in upkeep. 

Recommended perks? 

12 minutes ago, Beric said:

Degrade-to-dust equipment, meaning Malevolent, keeps its degrade system when it is augmented. It is 100k "charges" before augmenting and it is 100k "charges" after augmenting. The differences with augmenting are:

• Your gear lasts until it is both 100k charges and its item level is 10. This is usually insignificant, but in some scenarios where you get a lot XP drop like Angel of Death, this can be a large amount of time.
  • You pay for an augmentor and 36 divine charges.
  • You gain the benefits of augmented armor - access to perking your gear, ability to siphon or disassemble the item for experience.
Just now, Veggie said:

Degrade-to-dust equipment, meaning Malevolent, keeps its degrade system when it is augmented. It is 100k "charges" before augmenting and it is 100k "charges" after augmenting. 

So does the 100k charges from augmenting it last longer than the 100k charges that it has without augmentation? 

1 minute ago, GNT Patrick said:

So does the 100k charges from augmenting it last longer than the 100k charges that it has without augmentation? 

It is the exact same.

Just now, Veggie said:

It is the exact same.

So what do you suggest then. Price to performance wise of these. For any slot

12 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

So what do you suggest then. Price to performance wise of these. For any slot

Malevolent armor is probably the way to go across the board (for helm/body/legs). If you perk your body/legs, it can be worth the cost of augmenting - Enhanced Devoted 3 alone probably worth that price. You asked about perks in your other post, the other 3 gizmos should be Impatient 3, Crackling 3 (can have a second perk on this gizmo if you want to spend some money), and Biting 3 (or 2 if you're poor, 2 + another perk on the gizmo if you want).

Gloves: IfEnemyCanBePoisoned {Cinderbane Gloves}, ElseIfYouExpectToDie {Atrocious Rogue Gloves or Razorback Gauntlets}, Else {Deathtouch Bracelet}

Boots: IfYouExpectToDie {Silverhawk Boots}, ElseIfYouLikeMoney {Bandos Boots}, Else {Torva Boots}

Pocket: IfYouAreGoingForASpeedKill {activated Illuminated Saradomin/Armadyl godbook}, ElseIfYouNeedToEatFood {Scrimshaw of Vampyrism}, Else {Does not matter}

Neck: IfYouNeedToSurvive {Amulet of Souls}, Else {Reaper Necklace}

Ring: Luck of the Dwarves

Cape: IfYouAreCompletionistCape {Completionist Cape}, ElseIfYouAreMaxed {Max Cape}, ElseIfYouAre99Strength {Strength Skillcape}, Else {go get 99 Strength and buy the skillcape}

17 minutes ago, Drake said:

Get yourself the kiln capes. They're best in slot capes until you get the completionist/max cape.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Strength skillcape is magnitudes better than melee kiln cape (like 9-10x better) SERIOUSLY DO NOT GET THE MELEE KILN CAPE CAPS AND BOLD AND RED I REALLY MEAN IT STOP
  • God cape (Mage Arena) has the same offensive bonus as mage kiln cape, the kiln cape has better defense bonus in exchange for a moderate (~60k) reclaim cost but the benefit of the armor is quite low compared to the cost of reclaim
  • Ava's alerter feels nice to use for obvious reasons, this one is much more up for debate
3 hours ago, Veggie said:

Strength skillcape is magnitudes better than melee kiln cape (like 9-10x better) 

What makes it better? 

What makes it better? 

"The Strength cape's perk causes Dismember's damage over time to last an extra 2 seconds (an extra 3 hits for a total of 8)."

What makes it better? 

It’s perk makes dismember last 2 seconds longer giving 8 hits over just 5 also has a relatively good str bonus and is cost effective (costs less to reclaim, dont quote me though)

Just now, Beric said:

"The Strength cape's perk causes Dismember's damage over time to last an extra 2 seconds (an extra 3 hits for a total of 8)."

Awkward

Overvoltage
6 hours ago, GNT Patrick said:

So I know I need to do the fight kiln

False, use a strength cape

I can't really do the math for this kind of stuff in terms of degredation, so I can't figure out what exactly to get. I was looking at malevolent since it went down a bit, but it degrades to dust.... So again, I am not sure which to get. I plan on keeping my non degradable gear for lower level pvm and also slayer tasks, but I want to upgrade - I just don't know what to get. 

What you have is fine for any level of combat. You can upgrade to malevolent for <1% more dps and about 15% extra armor, which is noticeable. Figure a set of (augmented) malevolent will last you like 55-60 hours

and runs ~30m (24.5 for the armor, 4.5 for the charge packs, 1 for the augmenters), so your actual use cost is like 500k an hour. Figure a vamp scrim is about double that, anywhere you're using a scrim it's probably worthwhile to use malevolent too (unless you're doing aggro pot slayer I suppose).

I plan on keeping my non degradable gear for lower level pvm and also slayer tasks

T70 armor uses like one charge pack an hour. Worth it imo for slayer perks (genocidal, demon/undead/dragon slayer) or scavenging if you're gonna be camping something for a long time

Clearly people ain’t about that cape switch life.

but srsly, I’d probably just get Bandos for like slayer, augment it with like biting2+mobile, impatient, genocidal (this is the slay perk right?), and then maybe Demon slayer depending on your tasks. Or even scavenging? Lol

Then you can also have a set of like Malevolent, which I think is overkill for slayer, but maybe worth if you do PVM beyond GWD2.

edit: also if you’re gonna go with strength cape for dismember, get a lunging switch too tbh. Furies swords are pretty cheap.

Edited by Vlor