What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

The person I was dating at the time had started playing it, and I thought it looked interesting. I ended up hating Classic and quitting early on. Gave it another shot when RS2 was out, and I've mostly played ever since. 

Oh wow, I started on classic played for a bit then got bored of it. THen rs2 came out. I remember when whips came out at 52m each. I use to have a slew of phats h'ween mask and Santas. If I knew they were going to be expensive I wouldn't have dropped them for the minimal bank space back then.

8 minutes ago, Vesic said:

I remember when whips came out at 52m each. I use to have a slew of phats h'ween mask and Santas.

I traded a Santa for a whip :sadbanana:

1 minute ago, Beric said:

I traded a Santa for a whip :sadbanana:

Not as bad just dropping dozens of rares just for space =[

Alta Karma

In 2006 or so, one of my friends that lived down the street from me invited me to come over and told me about a game he just started playing, Runescape. After I made my account and we both were playing it was pretty much all we did through our middle school years! We were never very good at leveling skills, so we'd just marvel at the people with 99s and dragon longs. OSRS d longs still hold a special place in my heart lol.

I transferred over to RS with The Sabres upon the games release and decided to go my own way because being an asshole in the opening days of RS was a lot of fun and I would have gotten kicked for that anyways. 

Found Runescape after playing other games on jagex.com website.  Been clicking away on-and-off ever since. 

Moved to a new state..neighbor took me to a youth center and when we got there a bunch of kids were grouped up around the computer. Runescape was the in thing there and so I started playing and then the addiction took root ;-;

I was told about this game via a thread on Xgenstudios "Spammerland" forums (RIP) where people were hating on it. I, being a hater/troll myself, gave it a try. Quit before leaving tutorial island because the icons on the tiles to change interface screens looked like they were made in paint, so obviously the game was crap. Came back later on and finished up tutorial island and stayed for the juicy xp.

I use to sleepover at my friends house quite a bit as a kid. His older brother was always playing classic and we'd watch him play. I didn't start playing it straight away though, it was only when my friend started playing RS2 at school a few years later. Soon every boy in my class had an account and we were all killing goblins thinking we were better then one another. 

Wow reading everyone's post brought back nostalgia. 

I also started when a friend showed me about it we also called it run escape for the longest time then we realized it was called runescape. for years I was just a free to play user couldn't afford the membership we also played on dial up so every time my mom picked the phone up I always disconnected while trying to do something and get irritated at such a young age I remember the 1st day we got cable Internet my parents gave me money to go buy a gift card with the flame hair guy from 711 so I become a member so the 1st thing I did was to go to the lost city class so I can instantly equip the dragon long sword.  Soon as I did that quest I started to explore the member world I was in awe ever since then I've been a member.

I also remember when ever the Internet went out of the house I would run down to the library down street but all the computers were reserved for players. It got so bad that they actually block the website. But we got around it with a proxy.

1 hour ago, Vesic said:

we also played on dial up so every time my mom picked the phone up I always disconnected while trying to do something

This was the worst :/

I was in a computer class in high school and the kid sitting in front of me was playing the predecessor of Runescape. We became friends but I didn't make an account until Runescape classic was launched. 

My friend and his brother were over, and they had played some of Jagex's other games.  Having seen the "coming soon" announcement for Runescape, the brothers were checking daily.  They randomly happened to be at my house the day Runescape launched, and we all made accounts.  I've played most of time since, with various periods of inactivity for work and life events and such.  

My dad has always been pretty darn techie, and even back then we had two computers running, so the three of us were able to take turns playing and exploring / killing each other.  We saw someone with some bronze equipment and flipped a shit cause it looked so badass.

I saw I could kill goblins so I sought after becoming the strongest goblin destoryer of them all. I succeeded at this.

4 hours ago, Daeneces said:

I saw I could kill goblins so I sought after becoming the strongest goblin destoryer of them all. I succeeded at this.

lNmg6wE.png