What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

4 hours ago, Tristan said:

hahahahaha this was perfect Jade

:zanik::zanik: :zanik: 

Bradrenaline

My best irl friends had been playing it since around 2003, we only had 1 computer at home so I just stuck to consoles and would carry my PS2/Xbox over to my friends to play stuff like Halo 2 while they did afk skilling or slayer.

Eventually when I got kicked out of the house and that stupid responsibility thing was forced upon me I bought a laptop for DJing gigs as it was more convenient than lugging a vinyl box around, and my friends pestered me nonstop to start playing.

So as of July 2010 I started playing :P I also did Jad with a trackpad so I'm a pretty big deal

I played DeviousMUD, so of course I couldn't wait to try the RuneScape Beta! :)

Ingesting vast quantities of beer and then bashing others' skulls in made me stay.

ShinWolfie

A bunch of my friends back in like middle school were playing it and my two best friends we're like "bro you gotta come check out this new rpg." This was long before my serious gaming days and I have been addicted ever since. Sadly none of them play anymore but, I still keep going it never gets olds to me like some other games do.

• 2 weeks later...
Rocker2146

Heard about it in 6th grade from some Kids in a lower grade that had walked into the class talking about killing dragons or something peaked my interest. 

I started playing Low-Key cause i was popular (Whatever that means at that age) with everyone. And all the kids were hating on it. then My Now Best friend i found out he played it and it kinda just Excelled from there. Of course ive taken massive long breaks. for Life. Or losing interest or a while but Here i am

A friend of mine from my church camp I attended as a kid mentioned the game to me. I checked it out but never got into it.

A couple of weeks later my best friend starts telling me about this game that he and his cousin have been playing and they told me the name, which rung a bell to me.

I started playing with them and my friend was trying to pull me toward being a miner/smither and his cousin was pulling me toward fisher/cooker. Apparently it had never dawned on them that you can do both... lol. 

Anyway, fast-forward 16 years, and they haven't touched the game in about 15, while I logged on yesterday... lol 

In an online chatroom far, far away someone kept nagging me to play ... so I did and now he is the noob and I am not :chuffed:

I can't remember why I started playing or how I even found out about it lol. I have always been a gamer and must of seen a advertisement and thought it lpoked interesting.main reason I Retired wss because Moving to the country like deep country. Had to get satellite intenet. It couldn't keep up with all the graphics on rs2. Then found rsc private servers been playing on them off and on till a few years ago when I had my 2nd child. Now I'm busy all the time. But been finding a couple of hours a day. To play but still on private servers due to time

Stealth Pack

i started in 2006 when a bunch of my frends where talking about how they had dragon armour (issue was they were lying about it) and how they had like 3k coins and i asked what they were talking about and told me 12 years later and here i am playing off and on when they have all quit 

Scubby00923

When I was 7 my brother bestfriend showed me it and made it look like the most fun thing on the planet so i had to try it. Still play it to this day

• 1 month later...

Saw a bunch of people playing it at the local library (lunchbox/yugi, vt, jdemonik) and they were pking. I started after that by collecting everything to make strength potions before herblore was a thing

My brother actually got me into it back in......Crap I dont even remember how long ago. I quit when he did because it waasn't as fun alone. He hasn't played since, but I hopped back on when RS3 came out, gave up instantly. And hopped back on This last December. Love this game. 

Deleted User
On 5/7/2018 at 11:45 PM, Beric said:

I traded a Santa for a whip :sadbanana:

Phats for r2h's :$

For me it was in the early years of high school when computers were just starting to become common good. We played text based games vs eachother in class during 'computer courses'... one dude discovered you could fight other pixels in the wilderness ... hooked ever since

Urasai Dgaf

i was in 7th grade almost 13 years ago all my friends were playing and i hopped on the bandwagon and never jumped off now the only people i know who play are you guys