What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

Found it online while I was playing miniclip in school came up as an advertisement so I hopped on my dial up at home and gave it a spin. Made like 6 accounts a few got hacked but eventually grew up and learnt about account security, now none of my old friends play and it's just me and you guys, so hope I make plenty of friends here 

• 2 weeks later...

The good ole FTP days at the local library siting next to your spoiled buddy and his stupid dragon weapons when you cant even afford full rune thinking monkey madness was some kinda of religious ceremony of manhood ahh good days XD i was introduced by someone in school i dunno it seemed like everyone was just playing all off a sudden one day shit blew up like bey blades that where shaved down tooo low. .

YES minicilp thats it!!! everyone played that in school after we rushed our assignments 

On 8/6/2018 at 1:15 PM, Ceven0 said:

Found it online while I was playing miniclip in school came up as an advertisement so I hopped on my dial up at home and gave it a spin. Made like 6 accounts a few got hacked but eventually grew up and learnt about account security, now none of my old friends play and it's just me and you guys, so hope I make plenty of friends here 

6 hours ago, sogekingsob said:

YES minicilp thats it!!! everyone played that in school after we rushed our assignments 

Haha yea the good old days :) passed the time though ey

16 hours ago, Ceven0 said:

Haha yea the good old days :) passed the time though ey

hell yeah that and bush shoot em up god that games was amazing 

Brian kept disappearing on me coz he would be on RS all day everyday :^) If you can't beat em, join em. Got hooked on doing quests and when I ran out of free ones I decided to become a member, and enjoying it since :D

@Brian x_x ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Loved LOTR, so I looked for a game like it. I originally played this game called Wyvern (graphical MUD, now available on the Apple and Google playstore, after being shutdown for years). People had mentioned Runescape on there, so I checked it out.

I played Classic for about a week or so; I found it super clunky and didn't like it. When RS2 came out I checked it out again; the rest was history.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, Ripply said:

My dad got the 30 day trial of EverQuest, and got me hooked. My mom refused to let us have a subscription game and made us quit. So I looked online for a free MMO to fill the void.

<3 Ripply

I honestly cannot remember how I came upon Runescape.  Before RS, I was hanging out in AoL chatrooms, so maybe I heard someone mention the game or something.  I don't remember starting it alongside anyone anyway.  At least not right away. That was in 2001.  I dabbled a little, but I did not last long.  I later came back around 2003 with two friends just before RS2's release. All 3 of us joined Gladz shortly after.  It was me, Nalian, and Broodgamerdx.  That's when RS really stuck for me.

Edited by Krystal
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've always been on the search for a great RPG to play, I started playing WoW and RS in high school and I played more WoW because it was flashier and my WoW friends played more than my RS friends.  After high school, RS stayed by the wayside of my life until I picked it back up about 2014 or so, and then it dropped again until a year or so ago but I had forgotten my password to my original so I just created a new one.  Now I've got the OG account, so I'm pumped!

i started getting involved with pc gaming and came over from console so it took me a bit to adjust but i have done it and spent more on a pc then i have on any console

Hmmm well thinking back to to when I started the fantastic game Runescape. I started back in 2008 because my best friend and my girlfriend were playing the game and I wanted to play to include myself in the fun!  I rather enjoyed the game! I've played pretty casually ever since! 

My brother and I played Cyber Wars (the game that 'The' Clan and The Sabres were founded) and Battle Thingz, two of Jagex's games on their old castle GamesDomain site before RS was created. Moved to RS when the Gowers' created RS, sold GamesDomain to Yahoo (I think?) and switched their focus to RS. I miss cyber wars :/ 

• 3 months later...

i remember a good friend of mines that i grew up with showing me the game many many years ago about 16 or more years ago. Do miss the good ole days of pking... pvp:boxing: was all i wanted to do back then beside mining coal for some reason hahaha... back then i remember when i would have to go to the library just to get my runescape game play in getting hour at a time lol:breakcomputer:

• 3 weeks later...
Chosen Deity

Family friends were hugely invested into Runescape back in the early days. Began playing when I was like 10/11 and it slowly engulfed my adolescent life between this and CoD lol. Really wish I remembered my first account for nostalgia purposes. Was drawn to slayer since its release, despite not having membership as frequently back then.

• 4 weeks later...

I was 13 and my friend had discovered it already. He came over to spend the night and told me about it, and I remember doing the tutorial and immediately quitting the game because it was too hard. Well, my friend brought me back later and I never really left since.

• 1 month later...

Was playing Neopets back then and doing pet battles. Chatted with this guy and he sent me a link to RS. This was like 2001. The rest was history.